Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 08:07 PM
Ken718B
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 718socal
I don’t know if this is hardcoded somewhere. You have to look at the wiring diagram and see which modules interact with each other. For example the door sensor, door module and BCM’s

I am not sure I follow. What would looking at the wiring diagram tell me? Would that help with coding changes that could accomplish this or are you saying it may provide another way?

I do think there is a way that this can be done with coding. According to the non-US owner’s manual, "the front side windows are automatically opened and automatically closed again during opening and closing of the convertible top if convertible top operation is continued after it has reached its final position." See attached. My interpretation of this is that in some countries the windows go all of the way down so that if the button is released at that point, the windows could be kept down. I did find a code that I believe allows me to change the amount of this delay. However, I can't figure out how to get the windows to operate this way so that they go all of the way down when I start to open the top.

Also, a smarttop can put the windows all of the way down when the top goes down and my understanding is that a smarttop does not add functions, it just passes codes that the car already understands so this also suggests that it should be possible to change with coding.

I expected the following codes to change the window position as the top was opening but I did not notice any change to the window position as a result of changing these codes.

Driver’s Door: Coding exterior rearview mirror 2 – Power window function = RdW {Default: NAR}

Passenger’s Door: Coding exterior rearview mirror 2 – Power window function = RdW {Default: NAR}

It is possible that there is another code that needs to also be changed for this to change the operation of the windows.

Any help would be appreciated?
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 08:26 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
I am not sure I follow. What would looking at the wiring diagram tell me? Would that help with coding changes that could accomplish this or are you saying it may provide another way?

I do think there is a way that this can be done with coding. According to the non-US owner’s manual, "the front side windows are automatically opened and automatically closed again during opening and closing of the convertible top if convertible top operation is continued after it has reached its final position." See attached. My interpretation of this is that in some countries the windows go all of the way down so that if the button is released at that point, the windows could be kept down. I did find a code that I believe allows me to change the amount of this delay. However, I can't figure out how to get the windows to operate this way so that they go all of the way down when I start to open the top.

Also, a smarttop can put the windows all of the way down when the top goes down and my understanding is that a smarttop does not add functions, it just passes codes that the car already understands so this also suggests that it should be possible to change with coding.

I expected the following codes to change the window position as the top was opening but I did not notice any change to the window position as a result of changing these codes.

Driver’s Door: Coding exterior rearview mirror 2 – Power window function = RdW {Default: NAR}

Passenger’s Door: Coding exterior rearview mirror 2 – Power window function = RdW {Default: NAR}

It is possible that there is another code that needs to also be changed for this to change the operation of the windows.

The wiring diagram will tell you which function can be set with PIWIS for that module. I’ll try to upload a picture later. Easiest way is to scan a car with the windows down and look at the coding. Have you seen a video with this feature besides the Smarttop one?
Old 04-03-2024, 09:43 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Wiring diagram from the Driver door and Front BCM. You will need to trace the command to unlock the car, open the top and roll down the windows from the Outer door handle switch to the BCM and possibly other modules. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:32 PM
cayenneshybridmm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I have a 2016 Cayenne Base and PIWIS 3. I am trying to measure the oil level in the car. Usually Oil Filling option is either under the DME or Instrument Cluster Maintenance & Repairs. I do not see that option in either menu. Can someone help me how to check and measure the oil level (Oil Filling) menu ?

Thanks

Old 04-16-2024, 04:55 AM
spyridon
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayenne acoustic confirmation

Hi guys, anyone know where to find the acoustic confirmation in PIWIS III (locking beeping) for a Cayenne 958.2?

thanks

Last edited by spyridon; 04-17-2024 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:20 PM
spyridon
Track Day

Originally Posted by spyridon
Hi guys, anyone know where to find the acoustic confirmation in PIWIS III (locking beeping) for a Cayenne 958.2?

thanks
anyone?
Old 04-17-2024, 06:54 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

anyone?
Have you tried asking that in the Cayenne coding thread? I would look at the BCM and Kombi coding
Old 04-17-2024, 08:10 PM
Ken718B
Instructor

anyone?
on my 718 it is in front end electronics and it is called something like acoustic feedback for central locking
Old 04-19-2024, 04:09 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

thanks
BCM vorne E2 Max GT4 Coding value: allgemein Verriegeln mit akustischer Rückmeldung :ja
718socal (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 10:34 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

thanks
Originally Posted by rnlst_log
BCM vorne E2 Max GT4 Coding value: allgemein Verriegeln mit akustischer Rückmeldung :ja
@spyridon You got the answer from the master 🙏
Z06jerry (04-19-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 01:21 PM
bassir
AutoX

Originally Posted by LP718
Ok, so I programmed the top to open via the remote. It worked, but the windows remained partially down, which is potentially problematic when you are raising the top remotely. I'm supposing the last two circled items will make them close. I apologize if this is mentioned in this lengthy thread someplace. I will change nein to ja and report back
in case others are interested in enabling this properly, it seems you want all of these settings Verdeck-Codierung: 981_Verdeckcodierungen Komfortfunktion set to "ja".

Tippbetrieb (One-touch operation): Enables easy and quick opening and closing of the convertible top with just a single press, rather than holding the button.

Komfortfunktion Fernbedienung Verdeck vorhanden (Remote operation of convertible top): Allows you to open or close the convertible top using the car’s remote. This is particularly useful for pre-adjusting your car's top as you approach or after you park.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.oeffnen mit Bed. Schalter (Windows close after top opens via control switch): Automatically closes the windows after you open the top using the control switch inside the car, which can help quickly secure the car or protect the interior from the elements.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.oeffnen mit Fernbedienung (Windows close after top opens via remote): Closes the windows after using the remote to open the top, enhancing convenience.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.oeffnen mit Tippbetrieb (Windows close after top opens via one-touch): Automatically closes the windows when the top is opened via a quick one-touch operation, streamlining the process.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.schliessen mit Bed. Schalter (Windows close after top closes via control switch): Ensures that all windows close after you close the top using the inside control switch, securing everything in one step.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.schliessen mit Fernbedienung (Windows close after top closes via remote): Closes all windows after the top is closed using the remote, convenient for securing the car from a distance.

Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.schliessen mit Tippbetrieb (Windows close after top closes via one-touch): Ensures windows close following a quick one-touch closure of the top, adding to ease of use.

Ablagefixierung (Storage lock for the top when down): Ensures the top is securely locked or fixed in its down position, which could help with noise reduction and general security.

Last edited by bassir; 04-25-2024 at 01:51 PM.
718socal (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 10:12 PM
Ken718B
Instructor

Originally Posted by bassir
in case others are interested in enabling this properly, it seems you want all of these settings Verdeck-Codierung: 981_Verdeckcodierungen Komfortfunktion set to "ja".

I don't believe the code Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.schliessen mit Tippbetrieb (Windows close after top closes via one-touch) does anything because I don't believe it is possible to have one touch closing of the top. One touch can only be coded to open the top.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:20 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

I don't believe the code Fensterheber schliessen nach Verd.schliessen mit Tippbetrieb (Windows close after top closes via one-touch) does anything because I don't believe it is possible to have one touch closing of the top. One touch can only be coded to open the top.
My guess is you never found any video of One Touch closing of the top. 🤔
Ken718B (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 01:49 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

I can't one touch close or open bc it's a spider, but it can be coded to the regular top boxster and the 911 (the latter requires an euro style fob). On the spider, the closing or opening procedure can be started via fob post coding with the windows either going up or down. It's in one of the posts mid thread if think, little over a year ago,
Old 04-26-2024, 03:11 AM
bassir
AutoX

Any harm in enabling them anyway? Also what does Verdeck-Codierung: 981_Verdeckcodierungen Ablagefixierung do? Storage lock? Why is it off by default?

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request