Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 02:48 PM
jean458
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok problem FIXED!

I think I was wrong and my coded attempt was never written.
But at the exactly same time a fuse blown up (Overhead operating console Fuse).

So after replacing this fuse, everything works fine. BKE is well detected.
I just needed to change " Start/Stop OFF" from "Inaktiv" to "Aktiv" and now it remember the last setting in the Macan 2018

Thank you all, now I have other coding to do. Will search on the forum.

Last edited by jean458; 09-08-2023 at 03:16 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jean458:
718socal (09-08-2023), daaa nope (09-11-2023), tx-911 (09-09-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 03:14 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by jean458
Ok problem FIXED!

I think I was wrong and my coded attempt was never written.
But at the exactly same time a fuse blown up (Overhead operating console Fuse).

So after replacing this fuse, everything works fine. BEK is well detected.
I just needed to change " Start/Stop OFF" from "Inaktiv" to "Aktiv" and now it remember the last setting in the Macan 2018

Thank you all, now I have other coding to do. Will search on the forum.
Bravo. It seems weird that the blown fuse of the overhead console would make the BKE unreadable in PIWIS. We learn something new every day 🤔
Old 09-10-2023, 04:20 PM
jean458
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by subes
Indeed, a few tries of coding the two individual modules and then deleting the fault codes and at some point the error codes did not appear anymore and the camera works again. Somehow the coding always said it failed but apparently it still succeeded. Though I did not have to put the PCM 3.1 into production mode (maybe this only exists for PCM 4.0?), because the display did never turn off.
Hello, (it's me again)
same issue here : I tried to manual code the camera (production mode) by switching the option Road Sign recognition from OFF to ON.
Then I got same error , Frontkamera_006, fault code B200500 suArmExtFlashdataSetCorruptFailure
Automatic coding failed.

Can you tell me what coding you did to get the camera working back?
thanks
Old 09-13-2023, 10:43 PM
edsonreds
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi there! Does someone know the coding steps to deactivate the "check additional rear brake light"? I made some changes to that light bar (Porsche 991.2) and after that, I receive a message that the system wants me to check that light.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:00 PM
Josh_357
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by edsonreds
Hi there! Does someone know the coding steps to deactivate the "check additional rear brake light"? I made some changes to that light bar (Porsche 991.2) and after that, I receive a message that the system wants me to check that light.
I’d start by looking for DTCs on the the rear electronics module. Maybe a code is present that needs cleared.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:09 PM
edsonreds
Instructor

Originally Posted by Josh_357
I’d start by looking for DTCs on the the rear electronics module. Maybe a code is present that needs cleared.
Strange thing that there is no error code. My guess is that there is a routine that checks resistance in the circuit. I get in the dash a message to "check" not a fault to replace..
Old 09-21-2023, 03:53 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 205 Posts

I recently got a Launch x431 coder/scanner and have successfully changed the turn signal lane change blink from 3 to 5 and also coded actual water temp values. I previously used 718socal to add Nav and maps to my 718 GTS 4.0, he's the bomb! The Launch doesn't do all that a PIWIS does, but for casual use it is pretty handy, and it of course resets maintenance reminders and clears fault codes. I got mine from Amazon for only $200 after applying for an AmEx card and getting a $200 credit, it is the 919x model. There are more expensive ones with bigger screens but this one works fine for my needs. I will eventually go back to Phil for more coding of things I can't do but this unit will replace two previous scanners, an iCarsoft for my Porsches and a Foxwell for the Bimmer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bill Mitchell:
6IXSPD (09-21-2023), 718socal (09-22-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 10:25 PM
user 272981109781
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

I purchased a Launch x431 (919x) a few weeks back and have made a few changes based on this thread and a similar x431 specific 718 thread over on 718forum (https://www.718forum.com/threads/718...th-x431.25831/).

I have a 991.2 TTS

I have changed the following thanks to the great information here (once I get rough English translation) and there:
  • Auto S/S default to off for Normal mode
  • Eliminated seatbelt chime, leaving all visual indicators on dashboard
  • Changed AC settings at start to “Driver Memory” from default of “Comfort Memory”
  • Changed one-touch blinker flashes to 5
  • Added Rear Axle Steering menu to MFD
  • Added Voice Control to MFD PCM submenu (My car has Voice Control equipped)
  • Changed MFD oil gauge to 4 segment from my original setting of 1 segment
  • Changed my Driver seat comfort setting (slide back) to 50mm from 26 mm, and added 5 degrees of seatback tilt (from 0) as well
Here are a few questions I have:

I changed the AC memory settings as my car only updated the settings when I used the door set key memory, not on exit lock … and I did not have the “Auto Memory” setting in my MFD. I recently found where to add the Auto Memory setting to my MFD (instrument cluster>Board Computer>Board Computer Menu Config>Byte 2>Auto-MEM. If I now check the Auto Memory in my MFD would it update the saved settings on every lock? What all gets saved to the car/key memory on lock with Auto Memory enabled?

I also found the location to add “Daytime Running Lights” to MFD under settings exterior lights, but it does not seem to work whether checked or not. Is there a way to make this function work? I prefer to drive with them on, but on occasion may be setting in the car talking at night and may want to temp disable them. That means I do not want to permanently disable them via hard coding but rather have a menu check that I can use. I have PDLS+. When did intersection lights become available? Will that work on a 991.2 Black LED PDLS+ equipped car?

I was hoping to find that PTV could be added to the menu like rear axle steering, but I have not had luck on this. Any thoughts on a way to temp disable PTV without carrying a bi-dir coder around with me?

On my car I run across a whole bunch of PIT settings in the Board Computer section of Instrument Cluster, pit lane speed limiter, for one. Any ideas on this?

I also see a TPM Circuit setting under board computer similar to the rear axle steering, but when enabled I see nothing change in any MFD menu, I was hoping that was the TPMS track mode that was mentioned quite a few pages back. Any idea what TPM (no S) Circuit is? For those who have TPMS track mode natively, how do you enable track mode?

On an aside, I used the “Oil Fill” function after an oil change in my x431 and it ran normally (came up to temp, ran measuring phase), but the results were blank, no quantities. Is there some oil fill/level values that must be populated somewhere in some module to provide the results after the measurement? I am guessing that after the measurement phase that it had no data to interpret the measured values, and I don’t know if the lookup for results happens from data in the coder or from data elsewhere in the car electronics.

Thanks for all the great information in this thread, and if you can help with any of my questions I would be grateful.

Last edited by user 272981109781; 09-21-2023 at 11:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pablos007 (10-02-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey guys, I’m trying to turn off my tail lights as DRL. I enabled it a while back… so when the lights **** is on off position, the 4 dots on headlights would light up and tail lights…

well, I wanna turn off tail lights now, and for some reason, this setting, that I thought it was it, didn’t turn them off.

The setting is in the front BCM not the rear one… which is also odd, but I’m pretty sure this is supposed to be the one… or did I mix it up? If this is not the correct one, can someone point me to the right module/coding entry, please?

thanks!

Old 09-22-2023, 08:29 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Router-Dude
I purchased a Launch x431 (919x) a few weeks back and have made a few changes based on this thread and a similar x431 specific 718 thread over on 718forum (https://www.718forum.com/threads/718...th-x431.25831/).

I have a 991.2 TTS

I have changed the following thanks to the great information here (once I get rough English translation) and there:
  • Auto S/S default to off for Normal mode
  • Eliminated seatbelt chime, leaving all visual indicators on dashboard
  • Changed AC settings at start to “Driver Memory” from default of “Comfort Memory”
  • Changed one-touch blinker flashes to 5
  • Added Rear Axle Steering menu to MFD
  • Added Voice Control to MFD PCM submenu (My car has Voice Control equipped)
  • Changed MFD oil gauge to 4 segment from my original setting of 1 segment
  • Changed my Driver seat comfort setting (slide back) to 50mm from 26 mm, and added 5 degrees of seatback tilt (from 0) as well
Here are a few questions I have:

I changed the AC memory settings as my car only updated the settings when I used the door set key memory, not on exit lock … and I did not have the “Auto Memory” setting in my MFD. I recently found where to add the Auto Memory setting to my MFD (instrument cluster>Board Computer>Board Computer Menu Config>Byte 2>Auto-MEM. If I now check the Auto Memory in my MFD would it update the saved settings on every lock? What all gets saved to the car/key memory on lock with Auto Memory enabled?

I also found the location to add “Daytime Running Lights” to MFD under settings exterior lights, but it does not seem to work whether checked or not. Is there a way to make this function work? I prefer to drive with them on, but on occasion may be setting in the car talking at night and may want to temp disable them. That means I do not want to permanently disable them via hard coding but rather have a menu check that I can use. I have PDLS+. When did intersection lights become available? Will that work on a 991.2 Black LED PDLS+ equipped car?

I was hoping to find that PTV could be added to the menu like rear axle steering, but I have not had luck on this. Any thoughts on a way to temp disable PTV without carrying a bi-dir coder around with me?

On my car I run across a whole bunch of PIT settings in the Board Computer section of Instrument Cluster, pit lane speed limiter, for one. Any ideas on this?

I also see a TPM Circuit setting under board computer similar to the rear axle steering, but when enabled I see nothing change in any MFD menu, I was hoping that was the TPMS track mode that was mentioned quite a few pages back. Any idea what TPM (no S) Circuit is? For those who have TPMS track mode natively, how do you enable track mode?

On an aside, I used the “Oil Fill” function after an oil change in my x431 and it ran normally (came up to temp, ran measuring phase), but the results were blank, no quantities. Is there some oil fill/level values that must be populated somewhere in some module to provide the results after the measurement? I am guessing that after the measurement phase that it had no data to interpret the measured values, and I don’t know if the lookup for results happens from data in the coder or from data elsewhere in the car electronics.

Thanks for all the great information in this thread, and if you can help with any of my questions I would be grateful.
For Auto memory, you will have to play with the memory key or button on your panel if you have the memory package. It should remember your settings after you save them to the key.. You can enable the DRL in the cluster but you need to code it in other modules for them to shut down. I have not found which other ones to code. TPM Circuit is the Track Mode just like in the GT4 or in your case GT3. The RDK module for GT cars have the Track Mode. PIT limiter is the Speed Limit when you enter the PIT I believe,
user 272981109781 (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 08:32 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stark7x
Hey guys, I’m trying to turn off my tail lights as DRL. I enabled it a while back… so when the lights **** is on off position, the 4 dots on headlights would light up and tail lights…

well, I wanna turn off tail lights now, and for some reason, this setting, that I thought it was it, didn’t turn them off.

The setting is in the front BCM not the rear one… which is also odd, but I’m pretty sure this is supposed to be the one… or did I mix it up? If this is not the correct one, can someone point me to the right module/coding entry, please?

thanks!

Yes that is the right setting for rear DRL. Did you turn ON other settings for DRL? Like side or front bottom lights
Old 09-22-2023, 09:11 PM
user 272981109781
Banned

Deleted. @718socal answered.

Last edited by user 272981109781; 09-22-2023 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 09:20 PM
Stark7x
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 718socal
Yes that is the right setting for rear DRL. Did you turn ON other settings for DRL? Like side or front bottom lights
Well, the way i have it setup now is, 4 dots are on only with Tail lights. No side markers or the light strip in the front. And this is while the switch is in off position or parking lights. With headlights, 4 dots go away (i think this is default) and the strip in the front lights up only.
Side markers act as blinkers.

I thought that that setting is the only one that would enable tail lights with DRL in off position...
Old 09-22-2023, 10:14 PM
user 272981109781
Banned

@718socal Thanks for your thoughts. Re: DRL disable via PCM.

After enabling the checkbox appearance in the MFD settings, I found this:
Front-end electronics>coding value>exterior lighting>DD lights can be activated via PCM instrument cluster. I set it to yes. I also searched for any incidences of “DD” in rear-end electronics, I did not find anything that seemed relevant to being able to switch on/off.
Do have any thoughts on which other modules might play into being able to use the MFD to enable/disable DRL?

The item I mentioned above is the last item in this picture: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post19026435

I think it is possible as some versions of the Owners Manual reference turning DRL off via the MFD for non-mandated geos.

Any idea what the Line15 reference is in some items? Raising a signal on a line to chain actions together?

Last edited by user 272981109781; 09-22-2023 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:55 PM
edsonreds
Instructor

Originally Posted by vosadrian
Thanks for the explanation. I have never seen that it needs USB as well as Wifi. In the app when I select connect to PCN4, it gives instructions but does not mention the USB cable. When you suggested to connect USB, I assumed that the USB replaced the Wifi for the connection so Wifi was not needed. I will try your suggestion and report back.

Cheers!
I was recently in the same position. Thanks @718socal for helping out and clarifying. Works like a charm!!!
718socal (09-29-2023)

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request