Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 04:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
No, your avatar is cool
Love the avatar. That's a bloody Short Sith in that car!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:37 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Ive only had Z221 on my 993 at the track and never driven the same track twice to compare but I found the opposite - they seem to go and go all the way to the skins.

I think much may have to do with camber and toe as mentioned to you on the phone this week. Your settings could do with a big bump to give you better heat management across the tyre surface and this may reduced the heat cycling issue you are seeing.

You ran a PB time at the sprints which was second day out for these so not sure the theory holds.

We are doing very short sessions compared to the guys in Europe, UK & USA Im often talking with. They run 20 and 30 minute sessions often on much longer courses than us....
No PB was the PD before sprints, before car lowered to RS ride height and rear suspension rebuilt (i.e the original 20 yr old stuff), and on milder geo, so one would argue the above should have given at least a few tenths??. I was hoping for mid-16's but was not to be.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Pete:

Base for your next race car......??

Can't understand why it hasn't sold, has been hovering for months, there must be some history??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-746746032.htm
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
No PB was the PD before sprints, before car lowered to RS ride height and rear suspension rebuilt (i.e the original 20 yr old stuff), and on milder geo, so one would argue the above should have given at least a few tenths??. I was hoping for mid-16's but was not to be.
Get the AIM to me and I'll bridge your IT shortcomings and tell you where you are making / losing time.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Solid rear mounts and the RS arm bushes wouldn't have given you any time as I said when you did them - more about predictability and feeling as well as longevity and durability rather than saving seconds. However if your geo was changed substantially it should have given you a few tenths I agree. Not height change tho - 10mm on a road car like this will yield basically narda - more to do with camber/toe/caster etc and in that regard your are still conservative. You 993 has a 1.16.5 in it even with half worn tyres - just get that geo sorted with Peter and you will find it....
Old 06-28-2014, 04:54 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul your PB on 06 was 1.16.882

Your time at the sprints was 1.16.885

Given the 06 was on AIM and GPS and the Sprints was on transponder/beam Id have to say these are pretty much identical times....
Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete:

Base for your next race car......??

Can't understand why it hasn't sold, has been hovering for months, there must be some history??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-746746032.htm
Only saw that one for the first time last week. At that price it 'seems' outrageous value - $40k, manual S with sports seats. Be hard to find a better base car in NZ for the money - but would still be a $$$ project. Hmmmm, now if I could find someone to buy a well sorted 944....
Old 06-28-2014, 05:57 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Off topic but how do O order a coupla RSG tshirts? One White one black both large. Couldn't find it on the site.
Jason there's a sticky thread at the top of the "Rennsport Gruppe Track Days" section in the RSG site.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice with the Integra guys! The B series engines are pretty robust. I have a B20 in my daily driver that has run well for 220,000km's.

The distributors can give you grief and theres a water line at the rear that corrodes but other than that they are almost Paul proof. Parts are cheap and easy to come by and a complete engine replacement is around $500-800. Might pay to fit a bright red SHIFT light

The boxes are fairly good if the oils replaced. The auto's are made of chocolate! To be honest with the bits fitted if she's still running in 9 months you guys got a bargain! If its stacked find another Integra and you have a spares car

I look forward to the running report on the RSG "reasonably priced car".
Old 06-28-2014, 06:57 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
So it drives surprisingly well. A bit wallowy and brakes are in need of work but slick gear change, new clutch, new engine, evo 7 radiator, adjustable race seat that fits big fulla's, 3" belts and harness bar. Wof until november, rego till sept. It may not get another wof without some superficials but we might have killed it before then anyway. I will give it a tidy up and do any work within my scope of basic skills to make it as good as reasonably possible. Will have to shop some work out though. Number one goal is that it is durable. Nothing else really matters. In light of that, the brakes are the only target for mechanical attention. New pads, disc skim and fluid. Engine oil change, check coolant condition. Tyres are what they are but have life so are good Suspension is a bit soft but it is fine. Looking for guidance on pads and fluid that can be achieved within a small budget. The jury is out on the big green 'M' on the bonnet and I've always wanted to do a rattle can job on a car but never had one ****ty enough to deserve that. The current scheme is a mix of matt and gloss black. More info when we get it home tomorrow.
Strip the M and let's see if someone might actually be interested in paying to place a logo. Far fetched, or perhaps not?

I'm sure between the lot of us, there are plenty of automotive stickers flying around that haven't been stuck to a toolbox.

The screen might need a razor blade taken to it to remove that flat black so the RSG banner sticks properly.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ive got a bundle of smaller automotive stickers I can donate to the cause......
Old 06-28-2014, 07:21 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Strip the M and let's see if someone might actually be interested in paying to place a logo. Far fetched, or perhaps not? I'm sure between the lot of us, there are plenty of automotive stickers flying around that haven't been stuck to a toolbox. The screen might need a razor blade taken to it to remove that flat black so the RSG banner sticks properly.
I'm not sure if the banner can lay over that strip or not. Hope it can as it's a big area to clean. I have plans to fit another Eat track sleep repeat sticker. The Virgo's will hopefully cope if we put more stickers on it.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:40 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^ That car is was just simply stunning - what could have been (RS Boxster??)

Kiwi911
I own a model of this car - the only model I have purchased in about 20 years.........

Also the inspiration for the 'Macca Mobile'..........

I wonder if anyone had tired to make a real one??
Yep someone made one and here it is cut down screen and side windows and all, here it is

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/2...-Spyder_1.html
Old 06-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

stuff
Attached Images      
Old 06-28-2014, 03:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

964 RSR

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?