Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Hard to believe. Like Bonnie and Clyde, you seemed made for each other Paul. That frontal shot is pretty much exactly the view I got of her out my driver side window after an impromptu park up in turn 2 at HD at my first Dual Sprints a few years ago. Lucky you had good rubber and your wits about you or I might have got carnal knowledge of her right there and then. Must've rattled things a bit though as I was surprised to reel her back within the lap...

First got to admire the other end of her close-up when you slammed the door on me (so late our cars almost had a love child ) entering the sweeper earlier that day. I do hope to keep seeing her on track - even if more sedately .
Cheers Walter - the only way I can overtake (or undertake) you guys was under braking into corners - 220hp is no match for 400+++)
Old 04-29-2014, 01:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgeline911
Slight weirdness but i have it sorted. By default ie. using flash player short one has sound, the long one is muted. if you have a mac and are using safari, with the extension Youtube5 which uses HTML5 for all videos instead of flash. sound comes through fine on both... Sorry for doubting your computer prowess Sp1ke
That would make you the only one outside myself to hear it as intended. Interesting how they mute the video. I can hear it as a default. Others appear to be muted by software used to play it.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Phil. Had a call from Charlie Brown today. I mentioned you. He talked of you kindly. Going to have lunch with him Thurs. He's asked me to consider marketing his marina development. Might be a good excuse for you to take a trip up here after blighty!
Should I be looking around nervously..??
Pass on my regards please.
Tom Warren has been doing a splendid job down here selling his blocks, but the marina thing could have merit I think.. plenty of boaties down here that would leave their boats up there for a season or two.
He going to be easy on the pricing?
Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Should I be looking around nervously..?? Pass on my regards please. Tom Warren has been doing a splendid job down here selling his blocks, but the marina thing could have merit I think.. plenty of boaties down here that would leave their boats up there for a season or two. He going to be easy on the pricing?
Phil. I'm not sure. Should you?
Yeah. I'm interested in the commercial side. No idea re pricing. Mates rates may be more than I can land one for you lol!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:21 AM
PHG
Racer

Yes.
I like him, but there is no second place in his vocab..
that would be the same as 7/10ths...
Old 04-29-2014, 02:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Yes. I like him, but there is no second place in his vocab.. that would be the same as 7/10ths...
Three M's of the South Pacific. If you weren't born there but moved there then you are one of the following:

Missionary
Mercenary
Misfit.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:59 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

John, the video is muted when I watch the clip embedded in the forum post, but I can hear audio when I click through to the YouTube site proper.

Great clip, made me want to go out and drive.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
John, the video is muted when I watch the clip embedded in the forum post, but I can hear audio when I click through to the YouTube site proper. Great clip, made me want to go out and drive.
Jake, I think that was your GoPro that day. Have to love a 64gb card. So you heard the full audio of 3 versions of Memories?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:34 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

That looks good John, I got the sound OK. Nice drive, was it sped up?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
That looks good John, I got the sound OK. Nice drive, was it sped up?
Are you doubting the power of the mighty 964? In truth, yes. I boosted it by 15% to give it more drama and to better match the pace of the soundtrack. If some wowser reports me to the Fuzz I'll say it was 50%!

Just watched it in 1080p on the 50" Plasma. Crystal clear. The GoPro can take a great pic.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
As I wrote yesterday, just finished editing an 8 minute video of my run up the Crown Range at sunrise. Here are three short clips from the video. Good to see YouTube passed them. Video Link: http://youtu.be/ep3cZOZTjxM the full video starts at the base and does the trip to the top car park and back so you can see the light transition. It's also full HD in the full version not HD. 1080p looks incredible on a big screen TV. When it works well, GoPro is worth its weight in Gold
Nice, brought back lovely memories. I also watched the 3min Wairarapa back road run video which reminded me how much fun this was.... Love the raspy loud roar from your exhaust!

On the crown range morning I was out their early and went all the way over and a couple of k's along the valley on the other side. With no traffic it was glorious. I had to talk hard to myself to turn around and come back, by then the traffic was building and the fun was largely over. Great memories.

Looking forward to the big screen viewing John :-)
Old 04-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Are you doubting the power of the mighty 964?
I think that is the model Paul missed out on his quest to lead the aircooled charge on track lol.

Seriously though John I know what you mean. Compression ruins these clips. The only way to really view them is raw in HD. Just need plenty of HDD...
Old 04-29-2014, 05:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Put together a 15 minute medly of the best bits when you have finished and had a break. Maybe include footage from Matt, Chris and others. We could play this on the cinema room of the presidential suite at the Hilton during the NITT!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:48 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

No pressure guys :/

There will definitely be a showing. Maybe sooner than NITT though.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Nice, brought back lovely memories. I also watched the 3min Wairarapa back road run video which reminded me how much fun this was.... Love the raspy loud roar from your exhaust! Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTHnXZ13_EY On the crown range morning I was out their early and went all the way over and a couple of k's along the valley on the other side. With no traffic it was glorious. I had to talk hard to myself to turn around and come back, by then the traffic was building and the fun was largely over. Great memories. Looking forward to the big screen viewing John :-)
Doug, we never publicised that one, you'll have people trawling through my archives....That was a good driving day that one. I'll upload the properly edited video tonight. Another 4 hour download!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?