Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

As I wrote yesterday, just finished editing an 8 minute video of my run up the Crown Range at sunrise. Here are three short clips from the video. Good to see YouTube passed them.
the full video starts at the base and does the trip to the top car park and back so you can see the light transition. It's also full HD in the full version not HD. 1080p looks incredible on a big screen TV. When it works well, GoPro is worth its weight in Gold
Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Paul, did you get the short shift and goldenrod direct from FD? What about the mounts?
Yes - everything from FD Motorsports.

Macca put me onto them, I deal with Mark.

They are the cheapest and excellent to deal with.

Mark - FD Motorsports <fdmotorsports@comcast.net>
Old 04-28-2014, 07:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Four hours of uploading and I get the message that the upload is successful but the sound has been muted due to copyright claim :/

I can hear it on my YouTube account so it must be muted for others viewing.

Can someone please check what they can hear?
Old 04-28-2014, 08:14 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

It's official - I no longer own the C3.

A good friend of mine Craig now owns the car, and I am sure he will participate on this forum and within the RSG..........

It's a sad day - a bit like breaking up with your first girl friend (and I hope to not get teary eyed when I see someone else now hanging with her........)

The C3 now lives next door to Pete's old C4, so they can continue hanging together.

Craig - you need to introduce yourself.........

(sob sob - and a few photos for memory lane........It's an emotional day......I'm going home to cry..........)
Attached Images   
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, there comes a time when you have to wean off, and man up.
Think of it as a fiscal step forward, not an emotional retardation..
remember, there is always a reason you break up with your first girlfriend, and the second ...etc !!
BTW, has anyone noticed the thread clock is still on daylight saving..
Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 PM
PHG
Racer

My first intro to Pcar and this group, was that wee black thing blowing **** all over my bonnet at HD..
Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 PM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
Four hours of uploading and I get the message that the upload is successful but the sound has been muted due to copyright claim :/

I can hear it on my YouTube account so it must be muted for others viewing.

Can someone please check what they can hear?
Looks fantastic but no sound at all John.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 PM
PHG
Racer

I'm off to Pommieland in a couple of weeks, and have arranged to collect foil struts, oil pressure sensor etc from UK911 while there. Big savings on what they cost here
Old 04-28-2014, 08:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
Looks fantastic but no sound at all John.
Thanks for checking. Bu$&er. It took a lot of work to synchronize three versions of Guetta's memories at 130 beats per minute over the full video. Guess I need to find another way to share it in full.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
My first intro to Pcar and this group, was that wee black thing blowing **** all over my bonnet at HD..
Old 04-28-2014, 09:04 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
It's official - I no longer own the C3.

A good friend of mine Craig now owns the car, and I am sure he will participate on this forum and within the RSG..........

It's a sad day - a bit like breaking up with your first girl friend (and I hope to not get teary eyed when I see someone else now hanging with her........)

The C3 now lives next door to Pete's old C4, so they can continue hanging together.

Craig - you need to introduce yourself.........

(sob sob - and a few photos for memory lane........It's an emotional day......I'm going home to cry..........)
Mate I know how you feel - but we know you are working yourself up to another mistress - the only question is what will she look like... 944 race car, GT3, hotrod, 964 turbo even? So many itches - which one will you scratch first?!

Be good to see Craig active in the group - and Gary if he's got over the blast up north yet!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Mate I know how you feel - but we know you are working yourself up to another mistress - the only question is what will she look like... 944 race car, GT3, hotrod, 964 turbo even? So many itches - which one will you scratch first?!

Be good to see Craig active in the group - and Gary if he's got over the blast up north yet!
Yeah - word on the street is they think we drive a bit to fast on the road.

I blame Macca.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yeah - word on the street is they think we drive a bit to fast on the road.

I blame Macca.
Paul firstly sorry for your loss. However, life is short and there are so many nice skirts to chase.

Secondly in your household Im sure my name is already mud so blame me for everything you like. Wives across the world cringe when they hear the name "Macca" proceeding an excuse for a spendy modification. If Jenny didn't know what a hopeless addict you already were Id have to wear a "box" next time I met her!

Lastly. I did warn folk here that after being deprived of a). sealed roads, b). manual shifting cars and c). proper sports cars, for a fair period - I do like to blow out the cobwebs. Apologies Gary (haven't seen you around here much lately?). Just imagine what its like to be transported from a long term jail sentence to a brothel for a moment and youll understand perfectly LOL!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Nice footage! Unfortunately no sound for me either. Interestingly you guys went much further up the ranges than we did. We just did the really tight stuff, maybe 2km worth then turned around and nailed it hard on the way down. Sounded glorious from outside.

It reminds me of Europe. On my first drive tour there we found a famous Swiss pass that was like that (but with longer straits between the hairpins). It went on for 27 minutes like that! Wet dreams come true.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Nice footage! Unfortunately no sound for me either. Interestingly you guys went much further up the ranges than we did. We just did the really tight stuff, maybe 2km worth then turned around and nailed it hard on the way down. Sounded glorious from outside. It reminds me of Europe. On my first drive tour there we found a famous Swiss pass that was like that (but with longer straits between the hairpins). It went on for 27 minutes like that! Wet dreams come true.
Thanks. At least my version of the video is the full fat one, 1080p and sound track so I can appreciate it as intended.

Each day's video is well over 1gb in that format so limited ways to share. Will start Highlands tonight.

On the home straight (pun intended). It's a big job made harder by slow computers and ever full memory but I'm getting there.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?