Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a toilet seat ring John?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:49 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by mjg
Just saw that Spyder roll through Newmarket! Would be getting nervous about putting the top on around now...

Car looks great Pete, perfect timing, you'll be glad to have your new toy for the tour!

You'll be glad your GT3 is here Macca, bit tough having it arrive just in time to leave it behind though. Hopefully by the time you're back there'll be concrete (and good) news re the ongoing worries and you can drive it without worrying or more waiting.

Just picked up my car from Rob at CCS, all ready to go. Five of six fittings pinned, one was inaccessible without finding a tool that'll fit the gap -- frustrating because you can see it but not get enough access to pin it. Should be able to get at it without dropping the engine fully, will just need to lower it slightly to allow access. All maintenance done, and 997 GT3 throttle body upgrade in. M&M headers didn't make it as Rob was worried it could turn into a multi-day job if there were issues with rusted bolts and studs, so that'll have to go on first thing when I get back.
Matt
is this a necessary thing for me to do?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
I see you found Jackals site in your 993 travels. Great site for 993 guys and I'm always quite amazed how he does all the work and mods on his car no matter how complex outside on his driveway in the elements!

I agree with Doug we have better driving roads on our doorstep from what driving I've done in CA. I'd like to do an Emerson course like Skip Barber possibly next year at the end of our 3 month Central South America trip or 2016 as a dedicated trip. I think if you want the best roads you need to fly into Zurich and then go and knock of the Stelio Pass, got hard pass and some if the alpine routes up near the French Swiss border. At least three of those are in the worlds top 20 driving roads then add N85 and a couple of famous Northern Italian roads and you have 6 of the 20 covered. Only 12 hrs drive and you are on the Croatian Coast down to Montenegro where there are some wicked roads being recommisioned...

We are lucky to have some of the best roads in the Southern Hemisphere. To better them (faster, wider, better cambers and more dramatic scenery with far more generous speed limits and lax policing) you need to go North IMO...
what we need to do is invite some of theirs down here and then reciprocate. We have awesome roads we can do at (near) legal speeds those guys would never have seen
and vice versa..
Old 03-14-2014, 06:54 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by John McM
Full marks. Tomorrow, dependent on weather we may try and get at photo at my great grandfathers icecream shop in Hastings. Wind is starting to rise in Taupo. The Gentle Annies might be slooow.
Wot, Rush Munroe... no way
Old 03-14-2014, 02:42 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Wot, Rush Munroe... no way
Yes, my mothers maiden name is Rush Munro. The family sold the business many decades ago.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Matt is this a necessary thing for me to do?
Phil, we have eight of these fixtures on our cars. Two are reachable with the engine in, 6 are not.

The issue is that the coolant fixtures are glued in and can let loose. Thats what happened to Walter and me.

It drains the full system contents when it does this. It's a danger to others running behind you and to your car if you don't stop immediately. If you get a coolant level warning STOP immediately.

You could have no problem or you could get unlucky.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:06 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Taupo not really showing any sign of Lusi
Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2014, 04:21 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a gentle rain and occasional gusts in the Bombays - looks as if you're staying nicely ahead of it. Have fun!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Looks the same down here in Napier, though we had a 2 min rain shower around 7am.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Windy in Auckland. Not as much rain as expected. Seems like a summer storm. Forecast has been spot on to date. Looks like it should dissipate down the North Island from mid day today and blow itself out over night. Sunday looks quite reasonable with just a little rain and wind left over from the front.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:06 PM
PHG
Racer

Yes, my mothers maiden name is Rush Munro. The family sold the business many decades ago.
Best Ice cream shop in the country john..
Old 03-14-2014, 06:43 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Phil, we have eight of these fixtures on our cars. Two are reachable with the engine in, 6 are not.

The issue is that the coolant fixtures are glued in and can let loose. Thats what happened to Walter and me.

It drains the full system contents when it does this. It's a danger to others running behind you and to your car if you don't stop immediately. If you get a coolant level warning STOP immediately.

You could have no problem or you could get unlucky.
Phil. Like John I have had the easy to get to fixtures fixed and will do the rest next time the engine is dropped and in the mean time keep my fingers crossed and key an eye out for warning lights as John suggests.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:57 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Fast tyre leak. Lucky it is Saturday morning in Napier
Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Lucky man. Im sure they'll sort it out. I think you mentioned a slow leak before you left. Id it a bend inside rim or did the beading just need re setting?
Old 03-14-2014, 07:35 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Sorted. They were so impressed with the car and the trip they did it gratis. Reseated bead and tightened valve stem

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?