Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Thanks for the offers guys. I might make contact with Dave. Doug - are you just going to run your stock seats for track days? .
At this stage I really like the stock seats. Would prefer stock sports seats but that might be like looking for hen' teeth. Will make decisions as I experience the car more.

I've now got nice cool air con, a fancy lumbar support, suspension softened up, ready to cruise. Fancy for a 964!

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Well - I will have to say a lot of thank you's as everyone concerned from Aironaut, MAF agent and compliance agent all pulled out the stops and delivered HHU552 late today - in time to make the transporter at 7:30 am tomorrow. Just! iPhone photo makes it look orange but I assure you it is RED. Have only had a few brief drives - maybe an hour all up this evening but it is a pretty epic drive. Doug will know the feeling. Sports seats are amazing - will be good on track. Too many electronics to figure out yet but managed to set the kmh digital speedo at least (although it was fun pretending the miles were actually kms for a while.) So now have to wait a few extra days to reunite in Chch and see the rest of the crew en route to Franz Joseph. As John says about 20 pages back - Bring It On!
Brilliant. Bet you don't sleep tonight and can't wait for Wednesday's run over the plains and up into the mountains of Arthur's Pass. Hope you have a radar detector.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys- stress level just dropped a few notches as it turns out the 944 was no go for tomorrow transport anyway - strut replacement was going to finish after the transporter had left. May still have made it via a different route but history now.

Here comes 7/10 ths - for real.

Macca - fingers crossed mate!
Thanks Pete. Its still a long shot as the car was only driven off the RORO transporter at 9am this morning and the compliance centre called to advise me they are now closing Sat due to some building maintenance that has to be done. On the plus side Chris tells me VTNZ are open Saturdays till noon if by chance they can get it all complied tomorrow after its dropped off. Havent seen it yet so keeping fingers crossed no damage while being transported/shipped.

Id pretty much given up in any case due to the tight time frames so have the 993 ready to go and it will be no hardship driving her although it would be nice to have the choice. If it doesnt work out then GT3 for NITT, Ill have a few goodies fitted by then too....

Very much looking forward to the drive down to QT as Im pretty sure it will provide as many highlights for the trip as the actual tracks themselves. If truth be told its Highlands that does it for me. If the old girl karks it along the way better bloody well be after Cormwell and not before!

So it looks like everything is going to plan now for all. For those travelling SH1 for the Southward journey watch out for Rossers & flying stones (window-screens).
Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Well - I will have to say a lot of thank you's as everyone concerned from Aironaut, MAF agent and compliance agent all pulled out the stops and delivered HHU552 late today - in time to make the transporter at 7:30 am tomorrow. Just!

iPhone photo makes it look orange but I assure you it is RED.

Have only had a few brief drives - maybe an hour all up this evening but it is a pretty epic drive. Doug will know the feeling. Sports seats are amazing - will be good on track. Too many electronics to figure out yet but managed to set the kmh digital speedo at least (although it was fun pretending the miles were actually kms for a while.)

So now have to wait a few extra days to reunite in Chch and see the rest of the crew en route to Franz Joseph.

As John says about 20 pages back - Bring It On!
Coupe - check
Manual - check
Red - check
Flat six - check
Engine out back somewhere - check
Air cooled - Um....

Near enough?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Have only had a few brief drives - maybe an hour all up this evening but it is a pretty epic drive. Doug will know the feeling. Sports seats are amazing - will be good on track. Too many electronics to figure out yet but managed to set the kmh digital speedo at least (although it was fun pretending the miles were actually kms for a while.)
Congratulations. Great colour. I don't know your route but if you can, have a run through the Lindis Pass. Then turn around and do it again

enjoy and have fun !!!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
That's great news Pete. If you squint a bit, I reckon the plate says "Hussy"
Fixed that then...
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
Coupe - check Manual - check Red - check Flat six - check Engine out back somewhere - check Air cooled - Um.... Near enough?
Plus:
Mid engine
320hp
2 seater
2 boots

Best handling Porsche we can afford
Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
O2GO
Drifting

All packed and ready to go......but almost forgot my helmet and race suit.

**** Don't forget, helmet, gloves, race suit ****
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
All packed and ready to go......but almost forgot my helmet and race suit. **** Don't forget, helmet, gloves, race suit ****
Yes, easy to miss. Don't forget your drivers licence and indemnity sheets either (I printed 3 of each). Roll on 4:30 and let the 14 day road trip begin
Attached Images    
Old 03-13-2014, 02:58 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Does anyone know anything about this car?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-696545179.htm

Too rich for me but am curious....
Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 368 Posts

Other point is to purge photos from the iPhone to ensure plenty of space to take more on the trip. You have to do this from the computer, you can't do it with just the phone.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Does anyone know anything about this car?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-696545179.htm

Too rich for me but am curious....
Never seen it but no special 911 ever escapes my gaze

For sale jan 07, 110k's for $95k then progressively dropped to $77.5k and seemed to sit on the market for a year.

For sale in feb 12, 113k's at $75k

Now at $73k

Well used by last owner.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one Pete - she looks a minter. A few fast kms down on the big island ought to wake her up to the possibilities of life in NZ ...
Old 03-13-2014, 05:10 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
Never seen it but no special 911 ever escapes my gaze

For sale jan 07, 110k's for $95k then progressively dropped to $77.5k and seemed to sit on the market for a year.

For sale in feb 12, 113k's at $75k

Now at $73k

Well used by last owner.
whoa. cool. do you keep a register of sales?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Well - I will have to say a lot of thank you's as everyone concerned from Aironaut, MAF agent and compliance agent all pulled out the stops and delivered HHU552 late today - in time to make the transporter at 7:30 am tomorrow. Just!

So now have to wait a few extra days to reunite in Chch and see the rest of the crew en route to Franz Joseph.

As John says about 20 pages back - Bring It On!
Pete - you got the adaptive sport seats? I got them in my car too - really good and comfy and still great for the track with the air filled bolsters.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
whoa. cool. do you keep a register of sales?
Only for ones that I like which is anything manual, a coupe, and air cooled. Been a bit slack lately.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?