Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 02:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
I'd be interested to see the graph of my fastest lap though, when you've got time to send it -- no hurry.

PS Have you tried using the Print Screen button on your keyboard to take the screen shots, and then Paste in Paint? Might give better images.
I'll read the manual today to get the right graph configuration, then look at printing options. I used my iPad camera as the laptop dates back to 2004 and is only used for scantool and this now, so isn't set up for email etc.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

For those of you that asked, my AIM Solo came through Motorsports Services on Trademe. Chris pointed out that the seller is based at Hampton Downs. You need the unit @ $540 and the mount @ $102. Annoyingly you also need to visit a hardware shop for two nuts to mount the backing plate to the window mount. I didn't have the right ones yesterday so the unit wasn't as secure as it should be on the mount. I'll sort that out today and see if I can get another big set for the sweeper and main straight

It would great to have a few of these in the Gruppe. I'm getting real value out of the comparison on HD because many of you have pedaled around there many times. That won't be the case with Taupo and Manfield. If we swap units between cars on the day and have laptops we will improve a lot faster.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Congratulations to Paul for finally nailing a sub 20 - does that mean we get to call you a teenager?!
Last time I nailed a sub 20, I was in my early 20's myself (and a bit thinner)

Yes - Hankooks are a very good tire, about 1.5 sec quicker than Toyo 888's and 0.5 quicker than the Bridgestone RE55S's.

I still think the Bridgestone is a better tire as it was more consistent, I found the Hankook's going off a bit in the afternoon.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive just put up around 44 auctions on TM and 5-6 on ebay. A number of items have now sold but if anyone is interested in anything please just drop me an email. Anything I post on here Ill leave 24 hrs before putting it on ebay.

This is less than half of whats going on the market in the next 3-4 days. Very good for Porsche, Ferraro & watch guys.

Additionally there will be 50 x 1-18th auctions going up on TM in the next few days. The rare models will be on ebay. Just look for user Orb911.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...member=2777105

Enjoy...
Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

A few more going up today....all as new (Last one are some genuine Persol Sunglasses with blue glass (not polycarbonate) lenses and resin tortoise shell frames - very "James Dean"...
Attached Images      
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Heres a few for the turbo guys. Might have to jump quickly on these....

Matt the Steve McQueen Persol sunglasses are up on TM already if you are interested. You might have to be quick as there are already 3 people watching and some of the stuff seems to be selling quick. Sorry I on a roll this morning so basically getting everything up on TM and Ebay today while I have time...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=617589739

All the books in the above post are $20 + shipping

PORSCHE
A Tribute to the Turbo Carrera
Karl Ludvigsen is $40. Its never been read and quite colectable.

The Other Porsche Turbo book by Peter Van is brand new and $20

The Porsche Road, Sports and Race book (very good title actually) is $35.

All plus shipping.
Attached Images    
Old 07-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Heres a few more....

If you know any Ferrari 355 owners there's quite a few rare 355 books also on my ebay and TM listings.
Attached Images      
Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ive been spending alot of time on TM this weekend as you all know and whilst there I picked up this "Driftbox"on TM for $186. Its made by Racelogic who make Vbox pro gear and who do a lot of telemetry stuff. They are pricey new.

Its not as pretty as Johns Aim Solo device but it does the same job and dumps onto SD card. Has good software apparently but no idea if its as easy to use as the Aim Solo.

We can share it around the group on track days. I didn't want to spend much on a unit as I want a full telemetry set up in the future that takes ECU and camera feeds (CAN or OBD2) but wasn't prepared to spring for one just yet. Hopefully this will be fun in the meantime...
Attached Images   
Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Peter,
Good info on the brake set up you have yesterday, but with me its in one ear and then its gone. Could you recount your brake setup again? Bit of a writeoff yesterday for me because of my brake issue. First three sessions OK then a horrendous brake shudder after 2 laps. Had to call it a day. Whipped the rotors off this morning and there's a lot of pad pickup. The marks at the top are actually pitted into the rotor surface. The pad shaped marks have an edge to them too. Pads are Pagid 4.2.1 black and are about half worn. At low speed when cold you can feel them grabbing with each wheel rev and I guess at high speed this is the shudder under hard braking. A spirited drive this morning sees the pedal at about half soft, which I assume is the dead pads but could it be The SRF fluid which is about 18 mths old and half a dozen track days? I bought some Pagid 4.2's blue so I'm committing to these for the next session. Not sure if I can save the discs, they are at 27.6 vs 28 new so not bad but have to get beneath the pitting.
Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 AM
mjg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Ive been spending alot of time on TM this weekend as you all know and whilst there I picked up this "Driftbox"on TM for $186. Its made by Racelogic who make Vbox pro gear and who do a lot of telemetry stuff. They are pricey new.
That's a good deal. I bought one of those new a few years ago, but I gave up on it for a Solo recently as it's a pain to use and has let me down on numerous occasions (in fact, almost every track day it fails in one of a few ways). It works well *when it works*, but I've had issues with it losing the start/finish settings, taking a very long time to get a GPS fix (mostly solved by attaching an external GPS antenna, a must for these in my opinion). Yesterday was my first time out with the Solo and it was utterly flawless in comparison. The software for both is good, but the AIM software is taking more time to find my way around. The software for my other data logger (Race Technology DL1) seems to be the best of the bunch so far.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Matt. That's interesting feedback. I did a bit of research before bidding and although the Racelogic unit was all the rage back in 2008 before the Aim Solo was available the reviews were generally very good. Im hoping it was your particular unit maybe but I guess for under $200 its worth an experiment. I already have the GPS antenna hardwire and power supply which runs to the trunk (its used for my Trackit GPS which is required for Targa). I was thinking a stealth install leaving the unit itself in the trunk using the external GPS antennae so that I dont contravene the insurance timing device stipulation (not sure how much of a biggie that is?).

there are a bunch off software and firmware updates available for the performance box which Ill try and download sometime when I have the unit.

Well try it on the 7th September at HD and see how it goes...the AIM does look like a better solution but I want the DL version so I can plug into my ECU (CABbus) and into my next car (OBD2?) but I really didnt want to go spending $1000 yet as my track $$$ will be better spent on Ray Williams and getting some more track time - at least for a while...
Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Macca - is the turbo carrera book the 3.0 turbo?

Do you have more pics - could be keen
Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yeah Paul. It is. Its about to go on auction so let me know asap if you want me to add it to the pile of the other 5 books (4 McQueen + 1 x 993) and Ill get it down to Dean by Wednesday for you to pick up with every one elses books....
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Im about to put these up if there any takers. these are double ups (I have a large collection of these 1993-2005) and these two are not brand new but in good condition. these are some of my favorite books as they give all the race footage form the carrera Cup of the day and the specs on the genuine Cup & RSR cars. These ones are better for the 993 enthusiast..getting really hard to find these days (even on ebay) $40 each + shipping....
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Actually they are in very good condition as the covers have a clear plastic protector..

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?