Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
On our way. See you all on the other side.
Good luck and drive safely chaps...........
Old 03-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sam you have a eye for good composition. I went back through today's photographs, turned some of them monochrome and got a good feel for what you are talking about. A nice industrial setting.

Looking forward to a mid week blast in the GT3 when I return for down south. It was always going to be Europe OR SITT for the car and we chose Europe just with the off chance we could get the car into NZ in time, but realised as far back at Jan that it was unlikely. Will have to take it to NITT to make up for it. Im not going to stop driving the car unless the current situation becomes a recall.

That spyder belongs to Jack Sylvester. Had a good look at it at CCS earlier in the week. Nice example.

Doug. Good to see you replaced your sandles from the Waipu drive with shoes :-) for the trip to Taupo. Some good routes down there including the Artimauri one that comes out back of Kinlock. Well see you guys at FJ.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:08 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Good luck and drive safely chaps........... .
Macca's
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My view for much of today. Nice beast to follow. At Taupo now in comfort.
Need to fine tune the lumbar support :-(
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Check this video out for inspiration:

Doug / John - no pressure but you need to make one of these for the RSG!!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Actually - check this whole thread out - amazing photo's and scenery:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...alpine2012.htm

I reckon overseas trip somewhere for 2015??

I wonder if we could do the Californian targa tour in rented Porsche's?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:05 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Sam you have a eye for good composition. I went back through today's photographs, turned some of them monochrome and got a good feel for what you are talking about. A nice industrial setting. Looking forward to a mid week blast in the GT3 when I return for down south. It was always going to be Europe OR SITT for the car and we chose Europe just with the off chance we could get the car into NZ in time, but realised as far back at Jan that it was unlikely. Will have to take it to NITT to make up for it. Im not going to stop driving the car unless the current situation becomes a recall. That spyder belongs to Jack Sylvester. Had a good look at it at CCS earlier in the week. Nice example. Doug. Good to see you replaced your sandles from the Waipu drive with shoes :-) for the trip to Taupo. Some good routes down there including the Artimauri one that comes out back of Kinlock. Well see you guys at FJ.
Only because I came straight from work. My driving sandals are packed :-P
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Check this video out for inspiration: Doug / John - no pressure but you need to make one of these for the RSG!! Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XMafgPR7XXg
That is cooooooolllll
Old 03-14-2014, 05:23 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Actually - check this whole thread out - amazing photo's and scenery: http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...alpine2012.htm I reckon overseas trip somewhere for 2015?? I wonder if we could do the Californian targa tour in rented Porsche's? .
Nice Idea but we have better stuff right here on our doorstep with the benefit of doing it at pace in our own cars.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Nice Idea but we have better stuff right here on our doorstep with the benefit of doing it at pace in our own cars.
2nd thoughts a California Targa Tour would be pretty amazing
Old 03-14-2014, 05:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Check this video out for inspiration: Doug / John - no pressure but you need to make one of these for the RSG!! Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XMafgPR7XXg
We are collecting footage now. Tomorrow on the Gentle Annies should give plenty of filming opportunities.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:52 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Actually - check this whole thread out - amazing photo's and scenery: http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/9...alpine2012.htm I reckon overseas trip somewhere for 2015?? I wonder if we could do the Californian targa tour in rented Porsche's? .
I see you found Jackals site in your 993 travels. Great site for 993 guys and I'm always quite amazed how he does all the work and mods on his car no matter how complex outside on his driveway in the elements!

I agree with Doug we have better driving roads on our doorstep from what driving I've done in CA. I'd like to do an Emerson course like Skip Barber possibly next year at the end of our 3 month Central South America trip or 2016 as a dedicated trip. I think if you want the best roads you need to fly into Zurich and then go and knock of the Stelio Pass, got hard pass and some if the alpine routes up near the French Swiss border. At least three of those are in the worlds top 20 driving roads then add N85 and a couple of famous Northern Italian roads and you have 6 of the 20 covered. Only 12 hrs drive and you are on the Croatian Coast down to Montenegro where there are some wicked roads being recommisioned...

We are lucky to have some of the best roads in the Southern Hemisphere. To better them (faster, wider, better cambers and more dramatic scenery with far more generous speed limits and lax policing) you need to go North IMO...
Old 03-14-2014, 06:14 AM
shiraz
Racer

We are lucky to have some of the best roads in the Southern Hemisphere. To better them (faster, wider, better cambers and more dramatic scenery with far more generous speed limits and lax policing) you need to go North IMO...
2nd this - having driven some of GB, USA, Aust, Ger, Fr. Esp relaxed attitude to sensible speed in Ger. Unless you're being stupid in Ger the police ignore you. Still take foot off gas at 200+ every time I see a green car with lights in Ger - reflex. Claim a record for slowest speed cam fine in Ger, was doing 37 in 30 kmh zone. lol
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
Macca's
That looks like the round about in Matamata?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
That looks like the round about in Matamata?
Full marks. Tomorrow, dependent on weather we may try and get at photo at my great grandfathers icecream shop in Hastings. Wind is starting to rise in Taupo. The Gentle Annies might be slooow.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?