Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:31 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
It's certainly disconcerting when 20 odd litres of coolant gushes out of the block through a hole the size the size of a firehose in a massive cloud of steam, but it does amuse the rest of the traffic on the motorway (less so on track - one each for me so far).

I'd hope Porsche sorted this for the 997.1 but who else has a 996 Turbo/GT2/GT3 on here that hasn't had the fittings welded (expensive) or pinned? We could look to do a discounted group buy with a service shop for a group pinning day. Or maybe Porsche could give this to us as a 911 50th present. After all, they chose that damn glue...

Pretty keen to have mine done before putting a good chunk of time and money into track tours or further targas. Would suck to blow a fitting only a day or two in.

Anyone else interested?
Who does your work Walter, we could look at 2 for 1..my car has only done 56k, but its the same vintage so the same 'hardening ' will have taken place
Old 03-16-2014, 06:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Very nice, look forward to seeing it in the real. RSG needs more of these. Which one of you pinched the clock?
. Looks like there is a blanking plate.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
. Looks like there is a blanking plate.
Yes - 'clock delete' mod, coz old skool hardcore Pcar's don't need them.

And besides, you should be wearing a Heuer watch (as apposed to a TAG) anyway.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Great stuff. Enjoy the South Island! No update from Macca's group? Hopefully not in a prison cell with Boris, the Russian tranny...
Borris passes on her regards Michael but was deeply troubled when I told her you had become a father. Muttered some reference to Michael Jackson ....or it could have been Michael Flamery (you don't do Irish dancing do you?) lol.

Seriously I have no intentions of stealing airtime from John & Dougs big adventure (keep up the good work guys!), especially having done that already at Xmas and knowing how time consuming it is .... We are far too buggered from Borris and a day of fast driving. By the way nothing shakes the 993 (loaded 2 up with woman's shoes and all) not even the two 997 turbos in our entourage and the cayman is pretty but not a threat until we hit the track.

Suffice to say we are all good and well in Hawkes Bay with Wellington via some great back roads tommorow. So far so good touch wood. The weather broke this afternoon and it now looks like dry hot running for the remainder of our trip . 993 will be a very dirty girl by FJ but I brought the collapsible bucket, sponge and mothers car wash. Must say however Doug, a little bit of me died seeing Lola treated like that....don't let john mislead you how did you think his paint got like that lol?

Safe ferry crossing tomorrow guys! Keep the pictures and commentary coming...
Old 03-16-2014, 02:08 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Lola needed to harden up. I think she's now seen more roads in the last month than the last few years.

Not looking forward to the ferry crossing. Last night the wind got very strong and she's still blowing.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Lola needed to harden up. I think she's now seen more roads in the last month than the last few years. Not looking forward to the ferry crossing. Last night the wind got very strong and she's still blowing.
You forgot to mention that the Bolton was moving and creaking, the wind was that strong. Felt like small earthquakes.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
I think Doug that you have operated said vehicle outside the terms of my kerbside warranty, not least beach driving, car washes, track work, unauthorised windscreen gadgets, gravel roads, bothering the redline, sustained loss of traction, driven it in the rain, parked it outside at night, ventured south of the bombay's and stuff I'm glad I haven't even seen you do to the poor old girl. Heck, you've probably even three wheeled it around some of those corners!
Heh, nice retort. Seriously, I love her and she's running very sweetly. Not that many redlines and sliding Dave. Just enough to blow out the cobwebs. We wound the suspension back for the road trip and she's much more compliant on rough surfaces but feels a bit squishy under pressure on hard corners so not pushing it as hard. In fact we're not really pushing it much at all on the basis of trip preservation. Overall much better ride than on the Cape Reinga trip.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:28 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Not looking forward to the ferry crossing. Last night the wind got very strong and she's still blowing.
If you are going to pull a Mendes, give me advance warning and I can put the video on slow mo when I film it. Carrots in the soup last night...for colour
Old 03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Yea Dave, did u notice he was doing over 3000rpm in that picture two pages back..
he's thrashing the poor thing..!!
Wots that Avatar pic.. looks like a wreckers yard
The new avatar signifies either the smartest or stupidest thing I'll do for a while. Smart in that it should be very cool when finished, stupid in that a GT3 is probably cheaper. Still 50/50 on the outcome. I'll tell you which at the end of the year.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful here today.
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2014, 03:17 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are going to pull a Mendes, give me advance warning and I can put the video on slow mo when I film it. Carrots in the soup last night...for colour
Hey now, there is no S in puke!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Saw Gary at the terminal. A Black GT3 in the queue. Strong northerly could smooth our crossing
Attached Images     
Old 03-16-2014, 04:01 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Saw Gary at the terminal. A Black GT3 in the queue. Strong northerly could smooth our crossing
GT3 is GSA421
Old 03-16-2014, 04:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

A few randoms
Attached Images          
Old 03-16-2014, 04:30 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Very envious of you guys but appreciate the opportunity to live vicariously through the forum. Enjoying watching the updates come through, keep them coming.

Glad to see there are no casualties so far, hoping it will stay that way!

To those looking at the coolant pipe issues on their 996/997 there's an article here. Is on my to do list for the cars next major service.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?