Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Plenty of meat on pads and tyres.
Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2014, 04:10 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Ditto. Love your new icon pic BTW - saved the big version earlier. Did you have a polarising filter on, or just get real lucky with the charcoal sky not reflecting in the windscreen? Top shot.
No filter. Pulling up to the intersection I saw the opportunity and empty roads so jumped out and took a couple of shots. Turned out quite well. Have got the full res file if you want it.

To anyone on the SITT without a GoPro (or for anyone who wants multi angle footage), you are welcome to borrow mine. Have got a suction cup and (small) pole mount, as well as all the standard extras, and a 64GB memory card. Worth a play for the novelty factor if nothing else.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Wow - you have to move fast at the moment. Seems to be quite some momentum.

(or maybe that's just the red ones...)
you sure do. I need to get alerts from trademe somehow...

Originally Posted by John McM
... It's a pity it went to a collector. The force is strong with the 964 tribe. We don't want them secreted away.
well said

Originally Posted by Macca
...I think the NZ 964 prices are random. I must have mentioned Daves car to at least 1 dozen folk myself who I knew were interested in a 90s 911 and nothing. I think a few of us did. Then 2-3 sell within 4 weeks. Its just like that sometimes. Cars like ours dont really go up in value in NZ. Kiwis are too tight and not enough passion for them with their wallet. They just get exported when they are worth more....
well if you here of any more PLEASE let me know
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW great to share the journey north with you.
Likewise. It's lucky Herman has such a nice butt because I got to see quite a lot of it! And I could mostly keep it in sight, so the pace was spot on for me.

I'll try and share plenty of pics on the next part of the journey so you can live vicariously from the sofa.
Bloody good!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Car is still on track but not till tomorrow evening. Have no control over how fast it leaves the wharf to Carr & Haslam depot for MAF/Customs.
Any progress updates on your car Pete? Macca?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My boat due in Thursday 4am. It departs mid day before the storm although I suspect will remain leeward as Nomeau is its next stop on the way to Japan. Sounds like it will berth Auckland just in the nick of time. Unfortunately its then all up to when MAF can make their rounds and I hear that can be slow. It it clears MAF it will be Friday morning most probably (if it needs fumigating add 48+ hrs!). Then it needs to be picked up by a tow truck and transported to the compliance centre. Realistic estimates indicate it will be ready for registration Monday/Tuesday. Not sure how I do that when Im not in town....Ill get Dean to pick it up and they can go over it, fit the muffler bypass, a few other minor items like hardwire for V1 and some rear reflector blanks and then have someone do a full wax and polish so its ready for when we return from SITT. With luck will get a week seat time in it before heading away (for 5 months!). Next use it will see is NITT. Bloody frustrating.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:12 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
well if you here of any more PLEASE let me know
Nick, who started this thread many years ago, has a group of mainly 964's that do lunch runs etc: http://www.porsche964.co.nz/964.html

Might be worth asking him if he knows of any for sale?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Bloody frustrating.
Yeah what a shame the planets haven't quite aligned on this one. How did you find the 993 (which looked great on Sunday BTW) after driving the GT3 for so long?

Have Porsche come to a conclusion on the GT3 issue yet?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Nick, who started this thread many years ago, has a group of mainly 964's that do lunch runs etc: http://www.porsche964.co.nz/964.html

Might be worth asking him if he knows of any for sale?
I will. Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
No filter. Pulling up to the intersection I saw the opportunity and empty roads so jumped out and took a couple of shots. Turned out quite well. Have got the full res file if you want it. To anyone on the SITT without a GoPro (or for anyone who wants multi angle footage), you are welcome to borrow mine. Have got a suction cup and (small) pole mount, as well as all the standard extras, and a 64GB memory card. Worth a play for the novelty factor if nothing else.
If no-one else is keen I am. Great offer. Having gone through what not to do it would be well looked after.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Obsessed
Pro

I remember late nights. LOL. Young love.....
And Matt don't forget that doing a 1.13 and coming first is considered bad form
Old 03-10-2014, 06:07 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My boat due in Thursday 4am. It departs mid day before the storm although I suspect will remain leeward as Nomeau is its next stop on the way to Japan. Sounds like it will berth Auckland just in the nick of time. Unfortunately its then all up to when MAF can make their rounds and I hear that can be slow. It it clears MAF it will be Friday morning most probably (if it needs fumigating add 48+ hrs!). Then it needs to be picked up by a tow truck and transported to the compliance centre. Realistic estimates indicate it will be ready for registration Monday/Tuesday. Not sure how I do that when Im not in town....Ill get Dean to pick it up and they can go over it, fit the muffler bypass, a few other minor items like hardwire for V1 and some rear reflector blanks and then have someone do a full wax and polish so its ready for when we return from SITT. With luck will get a week seat time in it before heading away (for 5 months!). Next use it will see is NITT. Bloody frustrating.
Since your car is not here until Thursday, come down to Hamptons on Wed avo........

Get you down to 1.18's..........(or less when you overtake me)

Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Since your car is not here until Thursday, come down to Hamptons on Wed avo........ Get you down to 1.18's..........(or less when you overtake me) .
Just don't dive into turn 1 together. The thought of you two having to take the c3 together on the SITT would have us laughing for days.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey Paul. The thought has seriously crossed my mind but the logistics is beyond me. Firstly Im on road tires/wheels with road settings. My wife flies in Wed 1pm and I have to pick her up from the airport. Finally Im victim to kama. I figure with 1 car already pre disposed Id be tempting the gods to take the other out on track, to ruin it would ruin months of planning to get to NZ for a 4 week break, a great experience and not to mention many many schkeles. I have tried hard to justify it as I really would love a second time at HD become Ive done every other track in the country twice but not our home one! That said, I would like to do it on Z221s with the car set up and not be in a rush or only have a few hours to practice....sorry.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just don't dive into turn 1 together. The thought of you two having to take the c3 together on the SITT would have us laughing for days.
Cross post but a goodie LOL! Thought crossed my mind too. Sharing the C3 with 220kg of middle ageing men wishing they were Steve McQueen could be a recipe for disaster :-P

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?