Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:21 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Check out the site below and animate forward to Sat/Sun. Might want to consider the amount of rain and standing water we will have on Sunday . No where near as big as Bola in 86 but definitely be a bit moist on the way down... Otherwise as you were but pack more undies :-) http://passageweather.com/ Good idea about your brakes. They were so loud every time you braked when we slowed right down I could hear them in my cabin with the air con on, the windows up above my engine LOL! No good for the Auckland commute. I think the NZ 964 prices are random. I must have mentioned Daves car to at least 1 dozen folk myself who I knew were interested in a 90s 911 and nothing. I think a few of us did. Then 2-3 sell within 4 weeks. Its just like that sometimes. Cars like ours dont really go up in value in NZ. Kiwis are too tight and not enough passion for them with their wallet. They just get exported when they are worth more....
13 years in cyclone zones. No worries. Water off a ducktail's back. I will put the rear wiper back on though. Not worried about rain and Z221s. I'll drive to the conditions.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:22 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John. Check out the site below and animate forward to Sat/Sun. Might want to consider the amount of rain and standing water we will have on Sunday . No where near as big as Bola in 86 but definitely be a bit moist on the way down...

Otherwise as you were but pack more undies :-)

http://passageweather.com/
Meanwhile, in an enclosed car transporter somewhere on the NI Paul and my cars will be lovely and dry!

We're still trying to get confirmation of the drop off point for wheels on Thurs/Fri (Macca, Doug, Ron & Chris) - will e-mail when we have it.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Meanwhile, in an enclosed car transporter somewhere on the NI Paul and my cars will be lovely and dry! We're still trying to get confirmation of the drop off point for wheels on Thurs/Fri (Macca, Doug, Ron & Chris) - will e-mail when we have it.
A small price to pay for the ability to wear the T shirt. Put another way Doug and I get the full alimentary canal, the shippers get the ar$e end. You get the idea.
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
13 years in cyclone zones. No worries. Water off a ducktail's back. I will put the rear wiper back on though. Not worried about rain and Z221s. I'll drive to the conditions.
good onya mate ;-)
Old 03-10-2014, 03:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Cook strait ferry looks like it will be a fun ride Tuesday morning. Hope no one here gets car sick. Could be worse than riding shotgun with me....
Old 03-10-2014, 03:34 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Cook strait ferry looks like it will be a fun ride Tuesday morning. Hope no one here gets car sick. Could be worse than riding shotgun with me....
Chinese with Graeme the night before. Might go to town if it's not going to stay down.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Me too. Brought up in Northland. Used to it. Might be a good sunroof leak test
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

At Ron's pace should be fine in the wet on 221s. NITT started wet and those tyres were superb. Your just lucky Paul isnt group leader on the way down LOL!

Doug. In North-land they close the roads when it rains a little...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:44 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

A small price to pay for the ability to wear the T shirt. Put another way Doug and I get the full alimentary canal, the shippers get the ar$e end. You get the idea.
Sheesh - can't believe you're not going round the East cape...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 AM
O2GO
Drifting

It's on the GoPro, which is where it can stay In general very disappointed with my footage. Anything filmed through my windscreen is rubbish. The low morning light blasted my pitted windscreen so many times I couldn't get any good sequences worth cutting together. Anything taken outside the car is perfect. For the rest of the trip I will save the in car for the track and do more free format and suction cup work. BTW great to share the journey north with you. I'll try and share plenty of pics on the next part of the journey so you can live vicariously from the sofa.
Sorry to hear the footage from inside wasn't any good John. I was looking forward to a few clips. Part of the shakedown though... Means the next leg you will have it right.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:59 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your just lucky Paul isnt group leader on the way down LOL!

yeah - you'll miss the turn-off and take the extra long route.....

I told you I wasn't leadership material.......
Old 03-10-2014, 04:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug, if you want my passenger seat just ask. That would be 40kg of weight saved, assuming you don't fit a passenger seat.
Thanks John. That's kind of you. I'm leaving it stock for the SITT unless by a miracle I could locate some nice original black leather sports seats. As I'm leaving the car in Wellington on the way back, and flying back two weeks later with Jan for our North Island West Coast Easter road trip, I need both seats installed.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Sorry to hear the footage from inside wasn't any good John. I was looking forward to a few clips. Part of the shakedown though... Means the next leg you will have it right.
I have footage. It's just every 5 or so seconds it looks like close encounters are probing the 964 with bright light. I'll try and piece something together.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 AM
O2GO
Drifting

At Ron's pace should be fine in the wet on 221s. NITT started wet and those tyres were superb. Your just lucky Paul isnt group leader on the way down LOL! Doug. In North-land they close the roads when it rains a little...
You mean when the road disappears under the brown stuff, heh
Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Sheesh - can't believe you're not going round the East cape...
I tried to convince John to do that. But sensibilities prevailed. I did it last Easter :-P

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?