Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:09 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. I dont think the Targa is for you. Definitely not as a navigator at any rate!
Correct. Motor sports has a broad spectrum, but being a passenger has never appealed.

My brother was left hanging from his harness upside down in a ditch as a navigator, which confirmed it for me. I'm definitely inclined towards track driving, which will eventually be more about racing than laps.

Still, I will enjoy the road phase of the SITT.

Ps sourced a different go pro mount. It has easy access to the battery and plugs.
Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
So, the listing has been withdrawn. Any one of you fella's?
Wow - that was quick and it was fully priced as well.

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Not I ...
Shame!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Wow - that was quick and it was fully priced as well.
I was the second call the seller received sold to the first caller, a collector in Christchurch, this morning
Old 03-10-2014, 01:33 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug I saw your car at CCS this morning. Whats that all about?
Decided to get the faulty aircon valve replaced and regassed so the SITT is more comfortable. If that's all that's wrong with the aircon at this stage great, if not this was the next step anyway.

Also softening up the suspension settings and permanently wiring in the 4 port auxillary power adaptor while she's in there.

All things that came out of the shakedown experience. The only failure was my back (hence suspension adjustment) and comfort (hence aircon)

Ordered a Morfit lumbar support, it will be here tomorrow.

So, all good.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. That is called "The Frame" and was the item I mentioned.

Ive just reviewed my GoPro stuff for the SITT. Ive ditched half of it. There is a ridiculous amount of gear now. Ive decided on my ultimate set up. GoproHero3Black + Extended "The Frame" which holds BacPack extended battery (good for 2 1/4 hrs record with Wifi) + Sony microphone (mounts to back of Gopro with velcro) + Remote (mounted on bracket on dash. 3 x 32GB SD. I have the fully enclosed external housing for the Rennline front tow hook + one set of charging cables and a few spare sticky mounts. Also 2 spare batteries.

Thought this might be a good list as Im sure we can all pick and mix to keep weight/crap levels down. Batteries come to mind...
Old 03-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug. Smart move. You may find the aircon holds together fine. Mine has a leaky evaporator but is blowing colder than ever before (surprised myself and Dave on the drive to Waipu). Probably saving its best till last. Hopefully will make the bulk of the journey. Spare is sitting at CCS.

Very good idea on the hardwire aux port. I have never used a device in the Cig Charger Port in 13 years and today decided to try it with an iPhone. Hopeless as the charger plug kept falling out. Have others experienced this? Seems too shallow. Might just be my charger plug I guess....
Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 AM
O2GO
Drifting

^^^^ My dash mounted cig lighter port has been fine with several devices
Old 03-10-2014, 01:50 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Not me. I see Kevin Etches car has gone as well
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I was the second call the seller received sold to the first caller, a collector in Christchurch, this morning
Wow - you have to move fast at the moment. Seems to be quite some momentum.

(or maybe that's just the red ones...)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Doug. Smart move. You may find the aircon holds together fine. Mine has a leaky evaporator but is blowing colder than ever before (surprised myself and Dave on the drive to Waipu). Probably saving its best till last. Hopefully will make the bulk of the journey. Spare is sitting at CCS. Very good idea on the hardwire aux port. I have never used a device in the Cig Charger Port in 13 years and today decided to try it with an iPhone. Hopeless as the charger plug kept falling out. Have others experienced this? Seems too shallow. Might just be my charger plug I guess....
Yes, a common problem with the charger plug. Some fit fine others don't. My tom tom fits very well, the V1 never did.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:19 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

John. That is called "The Frame" and was the item I mentioned. Ive just reviewed my GoPro stuff for the SITT. Ive ditched half of it. There is a ridiculous amount of gear now. Ive decided on my ultimate set up. GoproHero3Black + Extended "The Frame" which holds BacPack extended battery (good for 2 1/4 hrs record with Wifi) + Sony microphone (mounts to back of Gopro with velcro) + Remote (mounted on bracket on dash. 3 x 32GB SD. I have the fully enclosed external housing for the Rennline front tow hook + one set of charging cables and a few spare sticky mounts. Also 2 spare batteries. Thought this might be a good list as Im sure we can all pick and mix to keep weight/crap levels down. Batteries come to mind...
Oh well. Looks like I bought well.

Starting my pre SITT packing tonight. If I didn't use it up North it isn't coming with me down south, except tools and spares.

I will have an internal GoPro for the track and use the suction cup outside for other footage. I will use it more sparingly as it's a lot of pfaffing around.

Travelling down on Z221s with the used spares in the car.

Doug, if you want my passenger seat just ask. That would be 40kg of weight saved, assuming you don't fit a passenger seat.

Biggest task tonight is to fit anti squeal pads. The brakes are driving me nuts.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Wow - you have to move fast at the moment. Seems to be quite some momentum. (or maybe that's just the red ones...)
It may just be a phase, remember you beat me by a couple of hours to your C4 a couple of years ago, but I do sense a trend here.

$45,000 is not a lot in the scheme of things. It's a pity it went to a collector. The force is strong with the 964 tribe. We don't want them secreted away.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
It may just be a phase, remember you beat me by a couple of hours to your C4 a couple of years ago, but I do sense a trend here. $45,000 is not a lot in the scheme of things. It's a pity it went to a collector. The force is strong with the 964 tribe. We don't want them secreted away.
I've recently had my permanent residency approved - now you're in trouble. But my letter stated I would also be able to bring in a vehicle sans GST like my poor passed away C4. I'm pretty certain the fine print says I need to have owned it x-months previous.

But since I was fantisizing, I figured in would look at ebay for 964's. To my horror there are literally only a handful available, and even fewer manual. It is winter still, and there will be more come May-July, but the numbers are still down. Autotrader has a little over a dozen... And prices have gone up as well.

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...rd=1&zip=64089

Last edited by CS Mende; 03-10-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
I've recently had my permanent residency approved - now you're in trouble. But my letter stated I would also be able to bring in a vehicle sans GST like my poor passes away C4. I'm pretty certain the fine print says I need to have owned it x-months previous. But since I was fantisizing, I figured in would look at ebay for 964's. To my horror there are literally only a handful available, and even fewer manual. It is winter still, and there will be more come May-July, but the numbers are still down. Autotrader has a little over a dozen... And prices have gone up as well. http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...rd=1&zip=64089
Paul nailed it a month or so ago when he said buyers become complacent when there's a number for sale for a while, then suddenly realise their mistake when the cars disappear and start to panic. I still think these cars are cheap. I'd happily have a third 'project' car when the 996TT goes.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. Check out the site below and animate forward to Sat/Sun. Might want to consider the amount of rain and standing water we will have on Sunday . No where near as big as Bola in 86 but definitely be a bit moist on the way down...

Otherwise as you were but pack more undies :-)

http://passageweather.com/

Good idea about your brakes. They were so loud every time you braked when we slowed right down I could hear them in my cabin with the air con on, the windows up above my engine LOL! No good for the Auckland commute.

I think the NZ 964 prices are random. I must have mentioned Daves car to at least 1 dozen folk myself who I knew were interested in a 90s 911 and nothing. I think a few of us did. Then 2-3 sell within 4 weeks. Its just like that sometimes. Cars like ours dont really go up in value in NZ. Kiwis are too tight and not enough passion for them with their wallet. They just get exported when they are worth more....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?