Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 10:52 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
As for HD laps, I'm sure the 991 GT3 is capable of a fast lap, but we'll need you to post a sub 1:13.3 to take Yoda's top dog spot. Dave and I have been passengers in that car and it is manic. Just like achieving the 1:19.57 Yoda did in my car is going to take time, but I WILL get there this year as will Paul. In fact given he's lapped under that in his C3 he will likely hold the road going air-cooled fastest spot for a while yet. Then we'll be chipping and pulling weight....
I'm pretty sure Steve will be able to do sub 13s in my new car without too much sweat. I'm not sure what power he's now got in that cup car because I think he did the engine over winter (and it is light) but I'd guess he'd put the new car around a couple of seconds quicker.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting on someone to do the hard yards so I can coast on their nickel. How much are the Kws?
just under 4k landed. Not sure what condition your other components are in, but I decided it was time for new control arms too, and we'll see what else needs doing once it's apart.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:00 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

John/Matt - have been downloading AIM data from the last few HD days and got a problem that you've probably figured out the answer to. When importing the tests the lap times are significantly different (than displayed on the day) due to assuming a different start finish point in the downloaded data. It is putting the start/stop point on the straight midway between turns 1 & 2.

What's the method to set the correct start/stop point for each lap back to the correct point? Can this be done for a bulk set of laps - say 20-30 laps from multiple tests?

TIA
Old 01-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Macca, I don't have the inclination to spend that much tarting up my engine bay.
As for HD laps, I'm sure the 991 GT3 is capable of a fast lap, but we'll need you to post a sub 1:13.3 to take Yoda's top dog spot. Dave and I have been passengers in that car and it is manic. ....
John. The $3000 was mostly for electrical upgrades and preventative maintenance as I detailed. Only $700 approx for cosmetic (fan housing and fan painting and coating) and maybe $3-400 for RS Hub & Patrick Motorsport alloy pulley. Every one of those other $2000 I guarantee you will have paid before the next 18 months are out one way or another. The distributor assembly is a biggie when its goes, you are already knee deep in the alternator and will do the bearings same time, the ignition leads and caps will fail over you with heat age and time. I didnt start this as a 3K project, just decided I dont have the patience for constant maintenance issues so got it all over at once like ripping off a plaster. I think I did everything from plugs back to ECU.

I probably wont get to drive HD again until late 2015 or early 2016. Not sure Ill own the 991 GT3 then but perhaps we can use my 2014 NITT Manfield time in the GT3 to work out a feasible HD time (most racers agree its 2s difference between the tracks)?

Paul. Expecting great things of you in the 993 at HD mate. You have the 993 mantle to carry. You will get below 1.20s out there for sure (you did a 1.20 in mine with shagged overheated road times first time out). Id like to see some solid 1.18s-1.19s with Z221s on if you can and that will keep the jiving from Herminator's owner quiet a little while LOL!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
I'm pretty sure Steve will be able to do sub 13s in my new car without too much sweat. I'm not sure what power he's now got in that cup car because I think he did the engine over winter (and it is light) but I'd guess he'd put the new car around a couple of seconds quicker.
I agree Sean. But its a full on race car. Ive been looking at some HD telemetry on youtube from the 997.2 Gen Cup cars and we are talking 1.088-1.10s (460bhp 1130kg full slicks). I think if your new car posts 1.11-1.12 will be about right.

Alot down to the driver I guess. A stock 991 GT3 last week posted a Hokenhiem 1.0826 (thats 4 tenths better than the latest M12C on Rcomps)... but the driver was a well known german touring car champ...
Old 01-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
John/Matt - have been downloading AIM data from the last few HD days and got a problem that you've probably figured out the answer to. When importing the tests the lap times are significantly different (than displayed on the day) due to assuming a different start finish point in the downloaded data. It is putting the start/stop point on the straight midway between turns 1 & 2.

What's the method to set the correct start/stop point for each lap back to the correct point? Can this be done for a bulk set of laps - say 20-30 laps from multiple tests?

TIA
MattyG has the fix. It can make a big difference to the fastest lap eh! I can find over 0.5s improvement on some laps by moving the start line on the Performance box traces by 400m!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:31 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
MattyG has the fix. It can make a big difference to the fastest lap eh! I can find over 0.5s improvement on some laps by moving the start line on the Performance box traces by 400m!
That's the one - trying to turn an 18.1 into the 17.8 it should be
Old 01-25-2014, 11:37 PM
mjg
Pro

TIA
Here's how to edit the GPS maps: https://rennlist.com/forums/10793027-post5098.html

And here's how to fix existing data: https://rennlist.com/forums/10938312-post6549.html
Old 01-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That's the one - trying to turn an 18.1 into the 17.8 it should be
We believe you Pete! Actually the Performance Box automatically picked the spot perfectly on the NITT but the AIM didnt and Matty eventually figured out the issue. I think John knows the fix too...
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

We believe you Pete! Actually the Performance Box automatically picked the spot perfectly on the NITT but the AIM didnt and Matty eventually figured out the issue. I think John knows the fix too...
My HD start/finish is downloaded from AIM and is correct. Better check Pukekohe is correct.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
Here's how to edit the GPS maps: https://rennlist.com/forums/10793027-post5098.html

And here's how to fix existing data: https://rennlist.com/forums/10938312-post6549.html
Thanks Matt - knew I'd seen it before.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
just under 4k landed. Not sure what condition your other components are in, but I decided it was time for new control arms too, and we'll see what else needs doing once it's apart.

When I drive the C4 and Turbo 3.6 back to back the Turbo steering is sloppy. I know the latter needs control arm bushings done so I figure the C4 is ok.

I have HD Bilsteins on the C4 so lowering springs may do it for me, but the incremental cost is only less if I don't then stump up for the full coil over.

Are you running with the KW tomorrow? If so I'll run wing man and watch the suspension with the GoPro.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:01 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
I agree Sean. But its a full on race car. Ive been looking at some HD telemetry on youtube from the 997.2 Gen Cup cars and we are talking 1.088-1.10s (460bhp 1130kg full slicks). I think if your new car posts 1.11-1.12 will be about right.

Alot down to the driver I guess. A stock 991 GT3 last week posted a Hokenhiem 1.0826 (thats 4 tenths better than the latest M12C on Rcomps)... but the driver was a well known german touring car champ...
Yes and as soon as the suspension is softened for Targa I'll lose a second or two on track.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. I think the fan blades are not so important. The crack in the magnesium housing probably warrants keeping an eye on over time. Thats the one that concerned me the most. If you loose a fan blade then no big deal. The key is to makes sure none of the blades touch the housing as that will throw the bearings out over time....
Old 01-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

My little sisters Bosses car. One for you Doug (minus stickers). Apparently its a daily driver an posses no problems...go figure....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?