Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh man. That Highlands Park clip had me fizzing! That looks like twice the work to learn over Taupo and then some! Im trying to figure how I can fit Ray Williams into my trunk for the SITT!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Oh man. That Highlands Park clip had me fizzing! That looks like twice the work to learn over Taupo and then some! Im trying to figure how I can fit Ray Williams into my trunk for the SITT!
Hope it was worth the data cost. I feel for you. Just got my Telecom bill and had $580 in excess 3G data. Lesson is don't hotspot your iPad. It thinks it's on wifi and backs up to the Cloud.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey John. Had a few of those. Usually when roaming! I have a new internet connection. My old one was costing me $300 NZD a month for 512kb broadband. Can you believe that. Last week I got 1MB installed now cost me $100 a month. Its a small start up. I think they have got their math wrong so I left the old hardware in place. They will figure out in 6 month they are bankrupt and I will be back to $4000 a year data cost! But the undersea cable is joined next month so in 2014 they say we will have 2MB for $200 a month. I will not hold my breath....
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John. Had a few of those. Usually when roaming! I have a new internet connection. My old one was costing me $300 NZD a month for 512kb broadband. Can you believe that. Last week I got 1MB installed now cost me $100 a month. Its a small start up. I think they have got their math wrong so I left the old hardware in place. They will figure out in 6 month they are bankrupt and I will be back to $4000 a year data cost! But the undersea cable is joined next month so in 2014 they say we will have 2MB for $200 a month. I will not hold my breath....
Macca, knowing you, you have tried everything. My brother was a farmer in the King Country. For years he used a service where downloads were via satellite (fast) and inputs/uploads were dialup (slow). It was pretty good. Dont suppose you have such options? When you say 2MB do you mean 2 megabits per sec speed? I feel like luxury with 100GB data and about 7.5mbps speed (reduced by half due to distance from the exchange). And we think our broadband sucks, eh.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Doug. Yeah finally Im complaining about a Third world issue not a First World one! All internet here is Satellite. And you are right Ive tried every option. The Submarine cable will be joined by the end of the month so next year I believe things will improve. My new connection is 1mbps and although I doubt Im actually getting that it does come at a third of the price of my previous plan. For all I know someone here has patched in to the back of the Sat dish and is retailing stolen bandwidth but Im not asking any questions! The internet is the single biggest challenge I have being based here and has been an increasing one the longer we are here. When I travel Im usually on 5-100MBps connections (even Mexico was 5-20mbps!) and over the last couple of years Ive compared my task efficiency and believe I loose around 7 hours a week due to slow and erratic internet. I cant send anything larger than 4-5 MB either and unfortunately I cant use my google Drive or back up services till I . Its not a "deal breaker" but there are days when Im seriously pulling y hair out trying to get a VBA macro spreadsheet to update or an email to send!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have put a note up over on RSG to see who may be keen to join the Playday @ HD on Sun 24th. I see there's a few already signed up direct and Steve has indicated he's keen to shake down Kelly's Silver Martini RSR so could be good for a look at least.

Just waiting to hear from Tony regarding how his bookings are looking in both regular and prestige groups that day.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

This must be where I've been losing a Macca or two. Maybe even half a Dave. My oxygen sensor has gone completely AWOL
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013, 03:16 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
From the Hamilton family estate, the bros wish everyone a merry Christmas.
Ha ha ha, that's awesome! Obviously you had some time for sightseeing during your stay
Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey John. Im not even sure you vehicle had an O2 sensor in that model year for that market. Some of the ROW cars didnt (NZ ones didnt as still dirty fuel in 1990). Maybe there was a plug in that hole?

If you loose your lamda sensor you will have a CEL light on the dash? If you dont have the ligt then I suspect that no issue.

The o2 sensor will have no affect to your cars power on the track. The 02 sensor only works with the ECU in a close loop setting on idle and part open throttle. Anything >60% and WOT reverts to alpha-N style tables pre programmed in the ECU. These are static tables that tell your engine its timing and fuel requirements at rpm.

If you 02 sensor was missing altogether form your exhaust you should thro a Check engine light and have more noise and smells from the Cat?

Does your owners manual or under hood decal show the option code M150 by chance?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Hey John. Im not even sure you vehicle had an O2 sensor in that model year for that market. Some of the ROW cars didnt (NZ ones didnt as still dirty fuel in 1990). Maybe there was a plug in that hole? If you loose your lamda sensor you will have a CEL light on the dash? If you dont have the ligt then I suspect that no issue. The o2 sensor will have no affect to your cars power on the track. The 02 sensor only works with the ECU in a close loop setting on idle and part open throttle. Anything >60% and WOT reverts to alpha-N style tables pre programmed in the ECU. These are static tables that tell your engine its timing and fuel requirements at rpm. If you 02 sensor was missing altogether form your exhaust you should thro a Check engine light and have more noise and smells from the Cat? Does your owners manual or under hood decal show the option code M150 by chance?
It's not the original cat. I bought a few things from a woman in ChCh and a new cat was in the mix so I swapped them over when the engine was rebuilt. A plug has to be cheaper than a sensor. I'll check with Dean or Steve.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Makes sense. My bet is there are no O2 sensors on your model as its ex Sing (still Dirty fuel in 1990) but there were on the model it was take off (ex Japan) and thus no plug supplied. It will quieten it down a bit having the lug back in there which may be a good thing. Dean can order a plug no issue from EMD or just cut off the end of an old used lambda probe.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Makes sense. My bet is there are no O2 sensors on your model as its ex Sing (still Dirty fuel in 1990) but there were on the model it was take off (ex Japan) and thus no plug supplied. It will quieten it down a bit having the lug back in there which may be a good thing. Dean can order a plug no issue from EMD or just cut off the end of an old used lambda probe.
Steve concurs. The cheap fix is to fit a 14mm spark plug.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:14 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

highlands here we come...
did anyone say what happened to George Randle? was it at highlands?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:20 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
highlands here we come...
did anyone say what happened to George Randle? was it at highlands?
Not sure what you are talking about - you might have to say some more??
Old 11-14-2013, 04:21 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

More clashes with events:

24 Nov - Play Day or Pclub run (Play Day wins......)

8 Dec - Classic Trials or Concourse (Concourse wins..........)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?