Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca can you email me links to the Queenstown accommodation you mentioned to Doug at Hanna dot net dot NZ. Also, could you forward me the email you gave me a printout of so I can access the links..... Looks like a nice trip with some roads I hadn't considered. I was born and bred in northland so would love to organise some mini tours up there.
Have a good trip back to warmth and sunshine not he rock.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Doug, I have sent you a comprehensive email covering that all off.

I must confess today I feel very lucky. I spent this afternoon working from the front porch and just snapped this off now as the sun is starting to wane. Lovely balmy 30 degrees here today. Not too humid. Hasn't rained since I left so getting very dry now. Great to be home.

While I was on the plane the BMW M5 sold at asking price. Money is already in the bank. Priced it too low and had people fighting over it (6 interest parties!). Anyway a quick sale is a good sale and now the GT3 has a roof when it arrives. Also sold half those other items on TM including the Oakley glasses and Porsche stuff. Seems loot of interest for the things I least expect. All good though and means more space in storage for stuff taken off the 993 LOL!
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2013, 03:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Is Graeme going to take those lock nuts?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:19 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Doug, I have sent you a comprehensive email covering that all off.

I must confess today I feel very lucky. I spent this afternoon working from the front porch and just snapped this off now as the sun is starting to wane. Lovely balmy 30 degrees here today. Not too humid. Hasn't rained since I left so getting very dry now. Great to be home.

While I was on the plane the BMW M5 sold at asking price. Money is already in the bank. Priced it too low and had people fighting over it (6 interest parties!). Anyway a quick sale is a good sale and now the GT3 has a roof when it arrives. Also sold half those other items on TM including the Oakley glasses and Porsche stuff. Seems loot of interest for the things I least expect. All good though and means more space in storage for stuff taken off the 993 LOL!
Nice one. I would love my Boxster to sell as quickly.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sorry John. They have sold. Actually I think pretty much everything including the Pen was sold shortly after I listed it on Wednesday using buy now.

I have a coffee table made from a genuine speedline 993 RS wheel/tyre which would look good in your man cave John with your carbon desk lamp and which I need to make room from storage. I know you want it.....
Old 09-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I know you guys will laugh but this is the website for the croud I got my CF bucket seats from.

I have the SP5 (wider base higher back). The SP4 now comes in CF and is FIA approved. These guys are part of teh BRIDE groupe who do seats for drift cars (if you know that scene youll know this brand).

Funny thing my seats were $1800 NZD landed the pair, brackets and sliders included! and a bit of an experiment to see if the missus would put up with them. She loves them better than the hardback OEM heated sports seats we have in storage. So thy staid but they were just a "cheap experiment". I get so many comments about those seats and many guys too scared to ask the price knowing what some of the other kit cost. I sent them the leather to do mine custom but they will do black leather for free (i.e. within the price).

The SP4 could be worth shelling the extra for as they are FIA approved and sturdier. If you were serious youd also go for Recaro side mounts.

The SP1 & 996 GT3 copy seat can also be ordered in genuine Kevlar weave which looks real '70s race chic - you listening Dave? Mmmm......hes listening to the sound of the waves sipping a G&T!!

http://www.border.com.tw/admin/produ...duct.php?id=44
Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

http://www.border.com.tw/admin/produ...oduct.php?id=2
Old 09-20-2013, 03:34 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Sorry John. They have sold. Actually I think pretty much everything including the Pen was sold shortly after I listed it on Wednesday using buy now.

I have a coffee table made from a genuine speedline 993 RS wheel/tyre which would look good in your man cave John with your carbon desk lamp and which I need to make room from storage. I know you want it.....
Might pay to take the listing off Trademe.

As for the coffee table, my man cave is too full already
Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi John. I never listed them. The ones I have listed on TM are the more modern ones....
Old 09-20-2013, 03:46 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Had my first ride as a passenger in a 997 GT3. Ridiculously fast - don't think I could sit in one of these as a navigator, scared the crap out of me even though the car was in perfect control.

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 09-20-2013, 04:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Here is our famous Asian RSG member Robbie "Pirouette" Ho during one of his well (un) coordinated rotational manovours, this one deep into a corner that Chris and I piled into at almost 200kmph and under brakes when the choreographed requiem began. The wide go pro angle lens makes it look somewhat less scary than it really was. Later we almost collected him on the inside field. If i recall we had a moment or two at Taupo.

Robbie Ho
What a dude
Sparcos as pajamas
Better than sleeping nude
Bow down to the Pirouette Miester
Driving in straight lines just seems rude....
Ho Ho Ho
Attached Images  

Last edited by Macca; 09-20-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At some point during the NITT -- I'm not sure exactly when -- the quiet, careful Robert that I know was replaced by his twin brother, the "I'm going to give this a red-hot crack and no you can't pass me" Robert. All good, as long as there aren't any "incidents" of course... I think some track tyres would tidy up those spins.

I bet Rob is starting to wish he'd kept his GT3!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Obsessed
At some point during the NITT -- I'm not sure exactly when -- the quiet, careful Robert that I know was replaced by his twin brother, the "I'm going to give this a red-hot crack and no you can't pass me" Robert. All good, as long as there aren't any "incidents" of course... I think some track tyres would tidy up those spins.

I bet Rob is starting to wish he'd kept his GT3!
It was a transformation alright. Sent me into the gravel and grass while under the watchful guidance of Racing Ray yelling "break hard, hard, hard" ha ha. Furtunately no damage on this occasion.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:57 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Hey Michael, when's the baby due? Can you slip out for the late afternoon on the 15th Oct for the twilight run?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna

It was a transformation alright. Sent me into the gravel and grass while under the watchful guidance of Racing Ray yelling "break hard, hard, hard" ha ha. Furtunately no damage on this occasion.
Was that in the infield? He spun in front of me on the back sweeper when Ray was in my car. Was there any untested area on the track? I think we need to find a ballerina doll to fix to his dashboard.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?