Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
FIFY
Does that mean "free in a few years" or "free information for you"?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Lads have fun tomorrow, looks like it'll be dry.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:48 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Lads have fun tomorrow, looks like it'll be dry.
Thanks Matt. It will be a big weekend. Playday in the dry, then possible rain for Sunday at the regularity trial. 27 entrants in the latter. Grid start based on fastest lap.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Btw Dean may make an appearance tomorrow. No doubt to see what's so attractive about these days that has some of us dumping cash at CCS. Macca, been in TGA all week and will be in TRON all next week so will give Dean the jack pads at HD
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder when that GT3 was written off? It has be reregistered in the passed, and its been on an exemption since around 2009:

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=live1
Old 10-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks John. All good!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks John. All good!
Great.

Btw just got outed with the 996 in the car park. Not sure it's wise to be in my role in this type of car around the provinces. That said, it brought out a story from a guy my age here. His story is that he went on his OE in the early '80s and returned with a grey '72 911. He was 23. Sold it for a $14,000 profit in NZ which totally funded his OE. I remember those times. A pity those opportunities have passed.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Great.

Btw just got outed with the 996 in the car park. Not sure it's wise to be in my role in this type of car around the provinces. That said, it brought out a story from a guy my age here. His story is that he went on his OE in the early '80s and returned with a grey '72 911. He was 23. Sold it for a $14,000 profit in NZ which totally funded his OE. I remember those times. A pity those opportunities have passed.
Mmmmm. It was inevitable. An Auckland banker in Porsche in NZ (tall poppy syndrome) provinces......just as well you aren't customer facing or they would have had the pitch forks out John LOL! Or should than now be John TFGWP (that flash git with Porsche). God help you if they knew what was still in the garage back in "The Big A"!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

God help you if they knew what was still in the garage back in "The Big A"!
That was the problem. There's an old work colleague who asked after the Turbo 3.6 (he used to admire it in the Auckland car park at work). I said I still had it. This morning he noticed I had the other Turbo here. Seriously think I will get a rental car next time.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:17 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Originally Posted by peterC2S
FIFY
Does that mean "free in a few years" or "free information for you"?
Fixed it for ya!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ignore them John. I had the same issue working in Telco (surprisingly conservative like Banks). Probably the reason I dont remain friends with many of them. Had a 205 GTI for around town. 993 for weekend runs to Martinborogh. WLTGN even more conservative than AKLD.

I met your big big boss here a couple of times. Mike Smith. Ex HK. First time when he did his road show after taking office. We talked DB5. He has a vintage Aston collection. I think he was paid around US$10 mill last year + options.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike. You are the most eloquent person I know from the TRON....
Ha ha, thanks... I think.

More seriously, I know exactly what you mean about eyesight getting worse, and I'm only in my 30s! I got glasses 3 years ago and already need new ones My problem is I work at a computer all day but also that I can usually concentrate for long periods, so I never give my eyes a break.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

well back from targa after 2 days instead of 4. big problems overheating and losing water out of radiator. Blown gasket we think. Today we had taken to keeping 4 litres of water in the car in order to top up after touring/before special stage and also after stage. Not good and with temps spiking as water ran low we were in danger of destroying the engine so pulled out. No silver ware this year but can't complain after a good sweep last year.
Saw plenty of the Tour cars in park and on road a couple of times but didn't talk to any of the P car guys as their schedule is generally out on road before us.
sequential box is pretty awesome though and still not getting the best from it as the timing and co-ordination is different. Once forgot to clutch on downshift but with a blip just slipped in no problems....hmm in reality if operating with precision don't need clutch at all but it all seems counter intuitive. Just need confidence, and positive, precise and fast movements. It all happens so fast its hard to keep up.
Also the ducting flaps worked a treat - no pad deposits. flaps closed on all touring and for stages less than 13kms and open above 13kms. fixed all the problems we had last year.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

First session = Dave + 1/2
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
well back from targa after 2 days instead of 4. big problems overheating and losing water out of radiator. Blown gasket we think. Today we had taken to keeping 4 litres of water in the car in order to top up after touring/before special stage and also after stage. Not good and with temps spiking as water ran low we were in danger of destroying the engine so pulled out. No silver ware this year but can't complain after a good sweep last year.
Saw plenty of the Tour cars in park and on road a couple of times but didn't talk to any of the P car guys as their schedule is generally out on road before us.
sequential box is pretty awesome though and still not getting the best from it as the timing and co-ordination is different. Once forgot to clutch on downshift but with a blip just slipped in no problems....hmm in reality if operating with precision don't need clutch at all but it all seems counter intuitive. Just need confidence, and positive, precise and fast movements. It all happens so fast its hard to keep up.
Also the ducting flaps worked a treat - no pad deposits. flaps closed on all touring and for stages less than 13kms and open above 13kms. fixed all the problems we had last year.
Graeme sorry to hear about the early retirement - Im sure its a little disappointing, but on the bright side at least your engine is in one piece! Theres always next year (and there will be a few RSGs on the Tour to give you moral support!)...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?