Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Need a Fast Sunday run before the NITT? I posted details on rennsportgruppe forum under the NITT.
Doug - I'm definitely in - see you there (subject to the Americas Cup races finishing on time!) I didn't get to do that run when PCNZ had it so should be good. Anyone else keen?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul, surprisingly it would likely be slower!

Matt. I like that site. Its shows a glimmer of hope! Dont like the 11 degrees celicus though. You are a hardy bunch down there mate.

I recced my $186 PB purchase. Quite impressed. Easier to read than I thought, intuitive menu, and surprise of all surprised the back up battery seems to work fine (Matt - I may have saved you a curry fueled job! Ive loaded the latest Racelogic software onto my laptop but must say upsating the firmware onboard the PB with the later file I have seems perplexing as does checking I loaded the NZ track files. Matt - may need to leave it with your Thursday night to check its set up ok? Harwiring it looks easy now Ive seen the fusebox...

Doug you will definitely see me tomorrow. I suspect rain. A good chance to get my Mojo back on new 221s in the wet. I asked Ron to arrange one of his Sunday drives for me a month back and as usual he has come through. We are also meeting same time at same place so will finally meet you there. Id love to do your run but I am obliged now as Ron group have come out to play with me...hopefully ill keep it all together!

Dave the gold/copper looks awesome against the red. Thats definitely the combo. I can see a copper coloured Heigo in your future!
Oh well I'll have a spare backup battery for someone else then! I'll update it on thurs night - small amount of trickery to update firmware in those things.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
Look forward to seeing the pics, but then again only 5 sleeps until we see it in the metal.

I wish Dave hadn't reminded me about the long range weather forecasts, as now I keep checking both Taupo and Manuwatu. Neither are great, and are not changing much with each forecast. They're usually right with temps so expects 12/13 C highs. The rain looks heaviest in Taupo. If they're right with 95% chance of > 10mm, then I'd be crazy not to take the 996TT.
I've quite enjoyed some wet trackdays. It certainly helps you understand your car more and nothing like an RSG drift day

Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Doug - I'm definitely in - see you there (subject to the Americas Cup races finishing on time!) I didn't get to do that run when PCNZ had it so should be good. Anyone else keen?
Great, we'll meet up behind the BP in the truck park. Macca and Ron's group are meeting up same place same time for a "Ron" Sunday run. I wonder what run they're doing? Looks like our little group may be just 3 or 4 which means no waiting around and all action. I was hoping the Americas Cup race will be over in time too but if not we can watch it online and ihighlights will be all over the news.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Dave - I'd go for copper all round - it looks really good on the D90s. Unique and it works. Would it work for your half cage as well or would that be a bit OTT?
Thanks guys, copper does look good. I'll probably get the grey ones redone. I never thought of that colour for the cage. Black is OK but a bit ordinary. Copper tubes and black terminals.
Pic of today's efforts in the garage. Drivers side turned out much better. I added an extra strip of the panel material along the edges to stiffen it up. Prevents the row of screws from waving the panel so much. It will have to come out again, I used the passengers side as a template and the elec window switches are in a slightly different position each side. I will get the handles powdercoated black, they look a bit blingy and deal to the screw colour.
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

And an even wetter day with a few more horses under the hood in the 3.3 Turbo

Poor video quality as these were taken over 5 years ago! No GoPro's then lol.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:50 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
Thanks guys, copper does look good. I'll probably get the grey ones redone. I never thought of that colour for the cage. Black is OK but a bit ordinary. Copper tubes and black terminals.
Pic of today's efforts in the garage. Drivers side turned out much better. I added an extra strip of the panel material along the edges to stiffen it up. Prevents the row of screws from waving the panel so much. It will have to come out again, I used the passengers side as a template and the elec window switches are in a slightly different position each side. I will get the handles powdercoated black, they look a bit blingy and deal to the screw colour.
Nice. Had you thought about leather straps Magnus Walker style asman option for the inside door handle? You see him making them on his film Urban Outlaw (either ther or on the TV interview of him by Jay Leno), I don't remember which.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:03 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice. Had you thought about leather straps Magnus Walker style asman option for the inside door handle? You see him making them on his film Urban Outlaw (either ther or on the TV interview of him by Jay Leno), I don't remember which.
Yeah, a bit classier than the nylon dog collar. I think these will evolve a fair bit.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

I think these will evolve a fair bit.
Then we will apply your knowledge on our cars
Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wIpqCna80">YouTube Link</a>
Looks like 996TT conditions.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:39 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, a bit classier than the nylon dog collar. I think these will evolve a fair bit.
Dave. Cards are looking great. You have to admit when they are finished they look tonnes better than the factory door trim.

You might want to have a look at the ones one my RS cards. They are very stiff and stick out almost vertically. The material is obviously very durable and I suspect this is a function of necessity as you discovered they will otherwise get eaten quickly.

I have to say Im very happy with mine. They give an extra 5cm of elbow room for each the passenger and driver so effectively increase cabin space. Downside is I have to find a new home for my CD walllet and a few other items...

Not sure of weigt savings here but I suspect my original ones were quite heavy with the two way speakers and separate cross over unit. Im guessing a good 4+kg per side savings (will know Monday when I pick up the original parts). You can feel it when you close the door...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy

LOL! Nothing like a good wet bit of tarmac for some fun. Cant be ant more tricky than almost wiping it out inform of photographers and camera crew on the targa can it?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Great, we'll meet up behind the BP in the truck park. Macca and Ron's group are meeting up same place same time for a "Ron" Sunday run. I wonder what run they're doing? Looks like our little group may be just 3 or 4 which means no waiting around and all action. I was hoping the Americas Cup race will be over in time too but if not we can watch it online and ihighlights will be all over the news.
Doug. Ron usually throw a few Targa stages together with a lunch at a nice cafe somewhere en route. generally we do around 4 hrs driving door to door and around 250km back road at pace. I wouldn't expect there would be more than 6 cars on our group. Im usually down on horsepower by 200bhp+ with these guys but its no drama as we generally never exceed 140
Old 09-07-2013, 04:25 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. Ron usually throw a few Targa stages together with a lunch at a nice cafe somewhere en route. generally we do around 4 hrs driving door to door and around 250km back road at pace. I wouldn't expect there would be more than 6 cars on our group. Im usually down on horsepower by 200bhp+ with these guys but its no drama as we generally never exceed 140
Unfortunately my mate has pulled out. Family member admitted to hospital today so it may now be down to Peter and I. Havent heard from his mate. See you at the BP.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug/Pete. I reckon we can engineer it to all got toegther. Roger Scholes & Richard Snow will be there. We usually have a 997.2 GT3RS and a few interesting cars. We will be heading off 10.15 rain or no rain..Will be fun...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?