Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I don't feel bad - just doing my job.........

There are no negative murmuring either, just an unfortunate duplication of dates.

I shall stop pushing the barrow.........

PCNZ Taupo has just been canned due to low interest...............

On Sunday we could drive home via' drive you Porsche day' participants maybe - The club are having lunch in Cambridge I think??
Paul. No issues here.

Maybe any Taupo PCNZ bent sprint interest may be takers for our slots on the 13th?? Or maybe that will be pushing DavidM too far!

Given RSG members are rapidly making up a good % of the field at PCNZ track events its obviously of benefit to both parties to coordinate the dates.

Our Sunday return is a long haul. I think maybe 6 hours driving. Was thinking we should plan a route via google maps. Surely someone in the group knows some awesome back roads where we can cover ground rapidly without detection....?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I don't feel bad - just doing my job.........

There are no negative murmuring either, just an unfortunate duplication of dates.

I shall stop pushing the barrow.........

PCNZ Taupo has just been canned due to low interest...............

On Sunday we could drive home via' drive you Porsche day' participants maybe - The club are having lunch in Cambridge I think??
That's ok - I was getting the impression that maybe we were being 'blamed' for the low numbers and now the canning. If not then that's good.

It could time well to be in Cambridge for lunch - where's the official venue?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

For any of you t-shirt guys (and those that have any cash at all left after Macca's flooding of the market...) Blipshift is having a 24 hour sale (only 9 hrs left) of 24 of their most popular t-shirts, many of them p-car themed. The Blipshift model is to make one design available at a time for about a week and then it goes out of circulation so this is an opportunity to pick up ones you may have missed.

http://blipshift.com/
Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
For any of you t-shirt guys (and those that have any cash at all left after Macca's flooding of the market...) Blipshift is having a 24 hour sale (only 9 hrs left) of 24 of their most popular t-shirts, many of them p-car themed. The Blipshift model is to make one design available at a time for about a week and then it goes out of circulation so this is an opportunity to pick up ones you may have missed.

http://blipshift.com/
How does the sizing work with American clothes e.g. NZ XL = ?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:07 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
How does the sizing work with American clothes e.g. NZ XL = ?
Their XL fits me so would be loose on you. I bought one XXL initially and it is way too big (even on me ) I would have thought L would be fine subject to length.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Phil. The Boxster S and the Gt3 just sold. Heres the link for the 996 T

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=621952661

The boxster S guy wants to buy a few more when he picks the model up Sat so if you want it hit buy now. The models were only listed today...
done..
thanx
Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
mjg
Pro

Had a look at Macca's cage at CCS when I dropped my car off. That's going to look great in the car, very nicely made piece of kit.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Matt. Im just having to imagine it for now. Remarkably one of the cheaper modifications Ive made to the car but the waiting time was a killer! Lets hope it never has to save my noggin!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:10 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks Matt. Im just having to imagine it for now. Remarkably one of the cheaper modifications Ive made to the car but the waiting time was a killer! Lets hope it never has to save my noggin!
Did Dave's get delivered at the same time? I'm looking forward to seeing the fit in the 964.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

No. Davids was ordered perhaps a month after mine so its still somewhere in "the system".

I think colour coding it was a good investment. The factory supplied spare decals to go over the paint (should I wish to apply them).

The fit should be perfect. These guys made the cages along with Matter for all the 964 cup cars in the day and their fit is 100% (no holes either). They were also factory Tequipment option for 964RS.

Heres a few pics.
Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Dean is working on his own car tomorrow. I'll pop in and have a look.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks John. If its installed take a few pictures.

Wheels are off to Arrow to have the inside lip straightened. One of the advantages of a forged barrel. 2mm out at front less at rear - I didnt notice anything until Pete Alder spun them up when doing the Geo in March. Note for anyone running Targa. You WILL bend rims slightly. Unavoidable on NZ potholed B roads at 150kmph+

Im keen to see the CF door cards installed in person. They never photograph well. Was frustrating getting these made. The only RHD set they have ever laid up. Two goes at it.....

Not sure there is any other eye candy unless you like nuts and bolts stuff like uprights, bearings, monoballs, camber plates etc I think it will take at least 2 weeks to get it sorted probably three. Deans kindly offered to take it to his favorite roads for a shake down. I have one of Rons drives planned for when Im back (in lieu of HD). SFR will be installed with new plugs. Got a bad batch of fuel I thin at the last HD. Car was down a bit on power and glazed the plugs. One disadvantage of running aftermarket ECU (no knock sensors)....
Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just notified Prestigio for cover on NITT. Got this as part of the reply-

3% excess with a minimum of $5000 excess for the day.
The vehicle is covered up to the value of $300,000 Sum insured.
You are required to have done a Prestigio approved driver training event before cover applies on this day.
No downloading of telemetry data or onboard computers whilst participating in the day. (may be done at home after event), no timing.
Vehicle must be in WOF condition whilst on the day (no slicks)
Driver must be named before the day and only that driver will be covered. This will need to be the primary driver of the vehicle
Must have a valid NZ Full license
No cancelations of the policy in the first year of any cover.
Cover excludes damage to other vehicles or other property.
All trackdays must be notified to the insurer before cover is granted.

Has anyone been through this? Obviously I can hardwire my Racebox to the GPS antennae on the dash and store the unit in the trunk where I have a power supply. The clause is rather ambiguous as it says "no timing".

What about approved driver training. Anyone have a hard line on this? Ive done the 2 day Porsche Driving Experience in Australia. I wonder if that counts....
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Wheels nuts are 96lbft or 130 NM - correct?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Google will tell. A wheel spanner and a good yank is what I use.

John did you get the silver wheel nuts? I got a set and gave to Dean for fitment on the car. Sick and tired of changing these every 5 years when the black ones start showing the metal underneath. You may want to check them out when there....

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?