Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

They are supurb value Graeme. That one has seen some use but at 24K GBP + VAT its under 48K NZ landed for a GT4 class race car etc
Old 11-08-2016, 09:14 PM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
They are supurb value Graeme. That one has seen some use but at 24K GBP + VAT its under 48K NZ landed for a GT4 class race car etc
Yep great series to watch - currently screening on ITV OnDemand. Definitely designed for the owner/maintainer too.

Funny - when I see your sig I think of this track:

"I got too much pork for just one fork
Too much ham for just one jam
Too much sow for just one bow..."
Old 11-08-2016, 11:04 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek
Funny - when I see your sig I think of this track:

"I got too much pork for just one fork
Too much ham for just one jam
Too much sow for just one bow..."
Nice one Mikey. FWIW Macca, I miss it already. Just a pity that a white font wasn't practical for the GT3...

...damn that was quick - it's back!
Old 11-09-2016, 12:02 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So with Trump about to win, I'm calling the end of the Alk property market and rising air-cooled prices world wide.

Be interesting to see how the world economy copes.

If you are optimistic, might be a good time to buy shares in the immediate forecoming dip, in the hope it bounces back.

The uncertainty of a Trump President is what will stall everything.........?
Old 11-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
So with Trump about to win, I'm calling the end of the Alk property market and rising air-cooled prices world wide.

Be interesting to see how the world economy copes.

If you are optimistic, might be a good time to buy shares in the immediate forecoming dip, in the hope it bounces back.

The uncertainty of a Trump President is what will stall everything.........?
I think he has it in the bag.

Its a friggin disaster mate!

Im following it live and Im absolutely astounded like everyone around me.

I cant see this being good for the global economy in any way. I have alot of skin in this game so I may be biased but Trump becoming the President of the United States has pretty much shaken my faith in US democracy/governance. I thought Brexit was a shock but this is something else....

Prepare for some very turbulent global times ahead. I may well end up staying here next year the way this is panning out! Very disappointing...
Old 11-09-2016, 01:23 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

It gets worse. The Republicans will have the Presidency, The House and the US Senate!

Total dominance. Now he needs to invent some policies? Gonna be a rough ride I reckon...
Old 11-09-2016, 01:38 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

It gets worse. The Republicans will have the Presidency, The House and the US Senate!

Total dominance. Now he needs to invent some policies? Gonna be a rough ride I reckon...
The scary thing is no one actually knows what he will do?
Old 11-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Markets hate uncertainty.

I think the RBNZ need to cut tomorrow and give an aggressive forward forecast (anothe rcut looming) regardless whether they intend to follow through to weaken the NZD, give exporters some headroom and provide some voltage to the lackluster inflation as a hedge for what may come to pass if the global economy takes a step back in the next 3-6 months.

Lets face it lower OCR hasn't proven to reduce borrowing costs beyond the current threshold and if the property market is going to falter then this might give borrowers and banks some latitude for margin (banks) and breathing space (borrowers). The NZD needs a period of weakness given the US uncertainty until policy is known and FX markets can adjust. If Trump lowers corporate tax to bring US offshore domicile corporate back onshore it could create large USD capital flows into USA again and bolster USD. If that happens then RBNA have plenty of room to move to put the rates up when and if it happens. etc. Of course this is all a bit logical for RBNZ so as prior they will no doubt make their usual dovish rhetoric which the market shrugs off a blah etc.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:14 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

OK Macca,

A lazy $1M (not me personally - just hypothetical) - what you in invest in right now to make money out of the Trump surprise (other than short the Market?)

I'm guessing bonds?

Edit - you gotta feel sorry for people with houses up for auction over the next 2 weeks. I will post the clearance rates, given there are auctions tomorrow the results posted on Friday will be interesting..........
Old 11-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

US Treasury Bonds? USD? Apple Shares? Anyone's guess. I really dont think there are many "safe bets" when the BBC and global media are calling this a "Black Swan Event". Not meaning to over dramatize it but right now I expect Trump is probably starting to $hit himself. Its one thing becoming The Leader of teh Free World, but another thing entirely when you dont have any homework to hand in the next morning when the teacher asks for it...

The volatility will subside, the markets will slowly recover and the next question will be what the Fed does next. Sit still is probably my best guess. However there is a chance they will signal a more aggressive tightening path if they feel the US economy is at risk of stagnating on the inflation front.

Roll the dice!
Old 11-09-2016, 02:33 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i've seen this car. If its the same one as parked in the hotel we were living in then it every bit as mint as described

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1198761693.htm
Old 11-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Davids prediction finally might be coming true!
They always do Macca......you laughed remember?
I tend to find (in my own mind that is) that whilst a design may not be lauded when released, eventually it finds its place and becomes right for its time.
Impact bumper 911's, 996 gen 1, XJS Jag, ???

964 owners; Getting tired of pumped out 964's and feeling the itch to get some tucked D90's?
Old 11-09-2016, 03:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
They always do Macca......you laughed remember? I tend to find (in my own mind that is) that whilst a design may not be lauded when released, eventually it finds its place and becomes right for its time. Impact bumper 911's, 996 gen 1, XJS Jag, ??? 964 owners; Getting tired of pumped out 964's and feeling the itch to get some tucked D90's?
Heck yeah
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2016, 03:41 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

But there will still be room for Cups and Aeros
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
i think i've seen this car. If its the same one as parked in the hotel we were living in then it every bit as mint as described

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1198761693.htm
I think that was the one at Masarati Auckland about 18 mths ago for similar money

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?