Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately I can only make Taupo, I have a Wedding in Tauranga the day of Manfield. Jake you signing up?

Last edited by Pel; 09-24-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn. That's a shame Pel, but better one than none. Hopefully Jake can make it too and give the Turbo a cobweb cleaning.

Here is the article on Circle Jerk on Rob from CCS Pug 205 GTI project - many of the RSG'ers that did the first SITT will remember his car - it went real well too...

https://cjc.org.nz/2015/01/pug-life-robs-oem-205-gti/
Old 09-24-2016, 12:31 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
...Here is the article on Circle Jerk on Rob from CCS Pug 205 GTI project - many of the RSG'ers that did the first SITT will remember his car - it went real well too... https://cjc.org.nz/2015/01/pug-life-robs-oem-205-gti/
Nice to read about Rob's Pug. Looking forward to running into him again sometime when he gets back from his OE.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:45 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Do any of you guys use an iPad app like I do for this forum? I use the IB AutoGroup iPad app and I have to reboot the app each time I move to more than a second page as it hangs on the second page whether clicking next, previous or a page number. It's probably got some crappy code that takes forever to calculate which post page numbers start with or something.... due to the length of this thread. If you don't have problem can you let us know which app you're using. I was on iOS9, now 10 but it's the app not the OS. There's a Rennlist app I also have installed but stopped using long ago due to other problems which I now forget what the issues were.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Doug. I use iPhone 6S iOS 10 and iPad Air 128GB iOS 10 with Rennlist.

I use IB Autogroup App on both devices for RL and have zero issues. I prefer using Rennlist from ny PC however as the pictures load much faster and I can make attachments far easier with PC.

Maybe kill the Apps and reload them.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:54 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Unfortunately I can only make Taupo, I have a Wedding in Tauranga the day of Manfield. Jake you signing up?
Itching to sign up but just don't know at this point if I'll be in NZ over that period. Hoping to have a definitive view in the next two or three weeks but may be too late.

Damn. That's a shame Pel, but better one than none. Hopefully Jake can make it too and give the Turbo a cobweb cleaning.

Here is the article on Circle Jerk on Rob from CCS Pug 205 GTI project - many of the RSG'ers that did the first SITT will remember his car - it went real well too...

https://cjc.org.nz/2015/01/pug-life-robs-oem-205-gti/

205 GTI's are such iconic cars, and Rob's was no exception. He was a huge asset to CCS, but I think he'd be hard pressed to be tempted back to NZ given what he gets to fettle with in Germany at the moment.

Originally Posted by O2GO
Do any of you guys use an iPad app like I do for this forum? I use the IB AutoGroup iPad app and I have to reboot the app each time I move to more than a second page as it hangs on the second page whether clicking next, previous or a page number. It's probably got some crappy code that takes forever to calculate which post page numbers start with or something.... due to the length of this thread. If you don't have problem can you let us know which app you're using. I was on iOS9, now 10 but it's the app not the OS. There's a Rennlist app I also have installed but stopped using long ago due to other problems which I now forget what the issues were.
I'm using the Garage Talk app, and it actually works ok. ****ty to use for searching for old posts or threads in sub forums, but never crashes and posts 99% of the time.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:53 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Thanks Macca and Jake. Will try those downloads when back home (ie not on mobile broadband). Cheers
Old 09-24-2016, 07:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Jake, we will make sure you get a place if you need it.

I ran a 205GTI 1.9 as a DD for a few years when I lived in WTGN. Fun car. Where is Rob working these days? Last I knew he was going to try and get a job with PAG.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:14 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Rob is living in Germany. Can't tell where he's working
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2016, 02:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug.

John & Pete - Looks like you are having wonderful weather over there in France. Very jealous, the food and the scenery looks wonderful - I miss Europe!
Old 09-25-2016, 04:58 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug.

John & Pete - Looks like you are having wonderful weather over there in France. Very jealous, the food and the scenery looks wonderful - I miss Europe!
Stunning here. Having a relaxed time in Provence. Not doing any fast road blasts as we have a BMW 530D on winter tyres... And it's a bit of a barge! Comfortable cruiser but just lazy leaving those tyres on. Rasso has a VW gti also with winter tyres.

JMac is currently assembling his first air cooled engine - if there's one sure thing in this life it's that he WILL do a real one someday!!

Looking forward to NITT also. Down to 2 spots left at Taupo but preference to those also prepared to do Manfield as only 23 there at present. I'll send an email with details as soon as I'm back however please book own accommodation in Taupo. I have sorted Fielding for Friday night but Hilton not offering good enough deal for the group so cheaper to book via Wotif... Matt's offered his place for Sunday night function again (awesome!) so we'll plan the usual BBQ.

Best head back to the pool!!
Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Great update. Tell John to keep the tissues away from that air cooled engine model LOL! This is good practice me thinks!

Those 530s make good torque. You can hustle the barge "Ronan" style with winter rubber tyre squeal from smol town to smol town, but it is no race car.

I've booked in at Chateau Birch St already. Wifey decided track days are "nomo", so is off to Bali during NITT for a few weeks with girlfriends. Track days just got 2+x more expensive!

Enjoy poolside. Properly looks idyllic...

Last edited by Macca; 09-25-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:19 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Doug.

Stunning here. Having a relaxed time in Provence. Not doing any fast road blasts as we have a BMW 530D on winter tyres... And it's a bit of a barge! Comfortable cruiser but just lazy leaving those tyres on. Rasso has a VW gti also with winter tyres.

JMac is currently assembling his first air cooled engine - if there's one sure thing in this life it's that he WILL do a real one someday!!

Looking forward to NITT also. Down to 2 spots left at Taupo but preference to those also prepared to do Manfield as only 23 there at present. I'll send an email with details as soon as I'm back however please book own accommodation in Taupo. I have sorted Fielding for Friday night but Hilton not offering good enough deal for the group so cheaper to book via Wotif... Matt's offered his place for Sunday night function again (awesome!) so we'll plan the usual BBQ.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:25 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S

Bugger - staying at the Hilton and having a social drink was always half the attraction of the Taupo leg for me. Is there a group call on what Hotel we will stay at?
Old 09-25-2016, 07:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Finished
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?