Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO

Who else in RSG is booked into the PCNZ HD track day in May?

Throwing to twist JMs arm to make his one weekend home in 3 coincide with this for some friendly Lola and Herman action. Keen to see how quick Herman has become.
Signed up today
Old 04-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
Nice pics for SITT Mark, and Yuka has an eye for a good shot too!! Haha, exactly.... still haven't decided yet... Shame Targa is the same weekend as the PCNZ trackday. Haven''t done any PCNZ events yet so keep to see what they're like.
Check your in box :-)
Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
I've committed to a very big purchase but it won't be in NZ for some time..... Not a 911R !! Something much bigger.

Look forward to seeing it in the fullness of time...........

P.s. - is it a Pcar??
Old 04-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
All this ring talk is intoxicating.

Lovely SITT pics a few pages back, thanks for sharing.

Who else in RSG is booked into the PCNZ HD track day in May?

Throwing to twist JMs arm to make his one weekend home in 3 coincide with this for some friendly Lola and Herman action. Keen to see how quick Herman has become.
For me it depends on the outcome of the driveline clunk investigation. Not willing to risk it until I know what it is.
I likely turn up for a look at least.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:41 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
I've committed to a very big purchase but it won't be in NZ for some time..... Not a 911R !! Something much bigger.
Perhaps the first half of the model name only uses letters from the first half of the alphabet, and the second half of it only uses ones after M? That was my first guess anyway Matt...
Old 04-10-2016, 06:25 PM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the end..no posts or meaningless banter since walt on Friday.. have we finally run out of breath?
Old 04-10-2016, 07:06 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Phil, the tumbleweed here is a direct result of the banter migrating to the Facebook group. I think the vast majority of active users here also have an account on FB. Those that don't might need to at least create a pseudonym there.

Edit: tried posting a photo with this comment, didn't work. This is a big part of why people have left this piece of **** forum. The usability is appalling!

In other news, have got my car back. Only real damage was the pressure hose. Went and picked up some tools over the weekend and lifted the car for the first time. A minor achievement to most, but for someone with 0 mechanical experience this is a milestone.

Will repair the aesthetic damage to the wheels over the next week or so and use the down time to pull off the bumpers and remove any loose gravel.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Phil, the tumbleweed here is a direct result of the banter migrating to the Facebook group. I think the vast majority of active users here also have an account on FB. Those that don't might need to at least create a pseudonym there.

Edit: tried posting a photo with this comment, didn't work. This is a big part of why people have left this piece of **** forum. The usability is appalling!

In other news, have got my car back. Only real damage was the pressure hose. Went and picked up some tools over the weekend and lifted the car for the first time. A minor achievement to most, but for someone with 0 mechanical experience this is a milestone.

Will repair the aesthetic damage to the wheels over the next week or so and use the down time to pull off the bumpers and remove any loose gravel.

Pretty much bang on. My iphone photos wont load on Rennlist unless I resize them, which I use FB for as it copes/resizes automatically. Same with videos. I can post something taken on the iPhone in seconds on FB. Lastly, FB is very good with ring-fencing groups.

While I can understand the reluctance with some to joining FB, I think recent converts like Dave B and Peter H have found it innocuous and it is a far superior platform to RL for the inane banter we often share. However, its not so good for technical discussions so I remain on RL for that.

Jake, good work for those baby steps. Within reason there's a lot you can do to keep your car in good shape that doesn't require a mechanics bill if you take the time to learn and back yourself.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 PM
shiraz
Racer

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...orcements.html

Cross post from 993 - anyone with broken door pocket/arm rest interested in a possible fix? May fit 964 also???
Maybe we need to go to one central person as delivery point to cut down $freight from USA & distribute within NZ from there?

On the facebook Q - I refuse to have anything to do with FB. Too much clutter in inbox already.
Cheers
Old 04-10-2016, 08:26 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

David, I've posted on that thread and we can use my US youpost account to consolidate freight...
Old 04-10-2016, 08:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiraz
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...orcements.html

Cross post from 993 - anyone with broken door pocket/arm rest interested in a possible fix? May fit 964 also???
Maybe we need to go to one central person as delivery point to cut down $freight from USA & distribute within NZ from there?
My car's pockets were broken on both sides. I dismantled them and reinforced the area around the screws with fibreglass, resin and a plastic card. They have held so far. If the 3d printing doesn't work then there are other options.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:55 PM
O2GO
Drifting

I agree with the previous comments re FB. I can't post photos or video here without paying an annual fee and then it works terribly badly. There are some nice photos and an initial teaser video including drone footage of 3 of us doing an Aircooled run through Woodcocks Road in the weekend. Look at the RSG or Air Cooled NZ groups on FB to check them out
Old 04-10-2016, 09:08 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Doug, I hope Jimmy's burning the midnight oil with that footage. The short video is absolutely a teaser with what I saw of the other footage. A pity we couldn't get more air cooled cars out. Maybe next time.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:45 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Yes. He got a lot done last night and it looks really wicked. I don't think the wait will be more than a couple of days
Old 04-10-2016, 10:18 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Is this the end..no posts or meaningless banter since walt on Friday.. have we finally run out of breath?
Yes FB, and that we don't know who all the lurkers are on here, so safer to talk sh*t and say what we think on a closed site elsewhere.

Phil...............don't panic dude...............still plenty to say................

But..........Rennlist is basically a "PC" public broadcast site now.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?