Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Saw a Saker on my way home from Chch today - was heading into town. Can't be many about? First I've seen.
What colour was it? Mine was Gulf Blue.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

All opened up.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2016, 06:43 AM
shiraz
Racer

Unfortunately, didn't really "see" it -heavy traffic going opposite way - 2 lanes each direction with median strip, north of town. Just saw something very low with SAKER script on nose. Think it was an open car probably white. Very cool
Old 05-04-2016, 07:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 639 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Ha ha. Too right. And my spare wheel and other crap will be left in the frunk too :-D
Full tank. Jack in the back seat plus tools, 4 liter canister of spare oil and you might have the same weight as an empty C4. Just saying
Old 05-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^ Err - what he said.

I don't know to be honest Leong - it will be an interesting learning curve and time spent with Jeff giving feedback on how I think the car 'feels' at track days. The existing shocks where a little tired and the car never really cornered that well, so will be interesting to see the difference. I felt really uncomfortable at the last NITT, and probably have enough laps at HD to mask some setup issues......

I'm just paying the bills and hoping for some improved track speed and a more B road compliant car.

(Tom?) - you might have to give us a run down so I can pretend to know what I am talking about, I imagine I will field a few queries from everyone. Quite a few of the Aussie 6GT3 guys where interested?
Yes, I think it's a safe bet that it be better than your worn out shocks . Question is how easy it will be to tune to your liking. Hopefully it will be fun process. Just worked out what WOTY is so when's your next Trackday? You must be keen to get to one! Maybe the Taupo private hire? I'm in Sydney that weekend so shame I can't be there.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
3 of Doug's tyres are ex SITT. The other one is a spare I gave him. I actually don't think they will be too degraded, particularly as the track day is in the colder months. It will be interesting to see how competitive I am with Hermans problems all sorted now (fingers crossed). The lambda is good, I have two coils and the resonance flap working plus a cat delete. I'm looking at putting 993 coils in but that can wait until after the day. Dave might be a dark horse in the T and I imagine Pel is keen to slay a 964. All good stuff. I like Taupo. The Z221s will help in the infield and the extra power will take me down the straights. I'm. Hoping that's where the others will be kept at bay. If it rains I'll walk over the lot albeit I'd prefer a dry day.
Yeah, got me some R888's and I love that track.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:05 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pel
Would have a bit more confidence at HD, Taupo I'm not so sure, considering taking the 930, having a kick up the **** on the long straight. Wondering weather to run 15" 205/225 rubber from the SC or use the 16" 225/245 Toyo road tyres currently fitted
Good call, I like 930's.
You would think the 15's would be the go, in terms of altering gearing and hence keeping boost up fractionally out of the slower turns?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah, got me some R888's and I love that track.
Good, looks like intention to compete. I remember you overtaking Herman in the White car back at Manfield as a proof of concept for building the T. Now the real test is coming
Old 05-06-2016, 02:38 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Good to see you back in play on the P front, John. Meanwhile on the H front, I take it you're still offshore during the 2KCup Masters 1 Hour this weekend? If so, who else in Team RSG is keen to run? Both cars should be fine to put in some good times (BYO race pads still, but even a ~$100 set of TRWs from Repco should last the distance based on previous form).
Team RSG update for those interested. Having driven BB2 the last 2 days to get her warranted and also as a bit of a warm up for her new engine before her return to the track, I must say she feels particularly strong and smooth. But I'm running the Grinch as I reckon it's only fair that I'm the one to give her a post-rallycross shakedown on her return to track. Both cars will be convoying to HD early tomorrow morning, with Neil in BB2 after our less frequent Team RSG drivers had waived their first options. Both of us yet to be confirmed of a place on one of the grids but fingers crossed as 2KCup always do their best to please. Missed Taupo so keen to scratch the itch again...
Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Good, looks like intention to compete. I remember you overtaking Herman in the White car back at Manfield as a proof of concept for building the T. Now the real test is coming
That wasn't mine so I was thrashing it
Old 05-06-2016, 02:57 AM
Maxem
Drifting

But in all seriousness, the T is ncely run in now, box should be easy shifting and sticky rubber fitted. Very much looking forward to the day. 231bhp and 1015kg dry should hook up nicely out of the slow corners. My most vivid memory of the white RS on the 2014 NITT was that aspect.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I would need 312hp to even that contest up. Just have to hope that the C4 pulling me through the corners and bigger rubber keeps me in the hunt. Race gas might help as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Team RSG update for those interested. Having driven BB2 the last 2 days to get her warranted and also as a bit of a warm up for her new engine before her return to the track, I must say she feels particularly strong and smooth. But I'm running the Grinch as I reckon it's only fair that I'm the one to give her a post-rallycross shakedown on her return to track. Both cars will be convoying to HD early tomorrow morning, with Neil in BB2 after our less frequent Team RSG drivers had waived their first options. Both of us yet to be confirmed of a place on one of the grids but fingers crossed as 2KCup always do their best to please. Missed Taupo so keen to scratch the itch again...
Good luck to both of you. Will bb2 come back to the car pad afterwards?
Old 05-06-2016, 05:19 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leong72
Yes, I think it's a safe bet that it be better than your worn out shocks . Question is how easy it will be to tune to your liking. Hopefully it will be fun process. Just worked out what WOTY is so when's your next Trackday? You must be keen to get to one! Maybe the Taupo private hire? I'm in Sydney that weekend so shame I can't be there.
Leong, PCNZ track day - 14 May 2016.

You need to put your name down :-)
Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Leong, PCNZ track day - 14 May 2016.

You need to put your name down :-)
I'll be doing the Targa Tour that weekend....

Think the next PCNZ day is driver training... not sure what the format for those days is..... and whether I should attend

I did CCS/Downforce at Taupo on Wednesday and that was awesome. about 50 laps thru the day, didn't pass or get passed by another car all day, and Stu Owers beside me trying to make me faster

Hope all's OK with your car...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?