Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:39 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by young_dennis
Rwb1 has bilstein ps10 and the other car has air ride suspension
Cheers for that - conventional geo? ie. does the conversion to extra-WB rely on the deep dish wheels - no change to axles etc?
Old 02-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I'm in Wellington now. Posted video of the RWB cars in the RSG Facebook Group. Randomly came across them parked up so pulled over and waited to video them as they approached a give way then toured with them for an hour or so until they turned off and I continued on to Welly. Loving the Pagid Yellow pads. Great stopping power. Found a very nice B road south of Taihape. It's like 1/2 an hour of continuous curves and hills like that B road we take on the way to Feilding. But only 2 vehicles in half an hour of ripping it up :-P

Mate you might have to share that one with us for the SITT south. pM me the details if you can?

Dennis. What's air suspension? Is that what those cars that hop in California have?
Old 02-20-2016, 03:36 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done for others Turn left into Otara Road south of Taihape
Old 02-20-2016, 03:55 PM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

I just had a query from a UK source ive used for 944 parts. Any 944/968 racers interested in a manual rack? Sounds like he's got a few.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

So just for interest only and to put a stick in the sand on the oft talked subject of classic Porsche values;
Both valuations are in and I must say that there was a range between them. The T had the closest valuation range but the SC had quite a gap between values.
The T is averaged at $130k which I believe is near enough to correct. The CHCH car - which I can't see being as good - has dropped to $160k and that will sit there at that until it hits the 130's then it might get a bit hotter.
The SC is averaged at $62.5k which I think could be on the high side but comments on the SC is that you just don't see 204's in such colours and trim and condition these days.
The T is nice for sure but strangely the SC entranced the valuers more. I can see why.
One valuer suggested that SC 204 and 3.2 values are converging. I can see that for 204 SC's and 915 3.2's but I would believe that G50's are still the holy grail and would have to claim an extra 20 to 30k for some time yet.
Out of interest, they put the blue SC hot rod on TM at low fifties, which I think is about right too.
Interesting morning.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Double post, so you now get to see them!
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
So just for interest only and to put a stick in the sand on the oft talked subject of classic Porsche values; Both valuations are in and I must say that there was a range between them. The T had the closest valuation range but the SC had quite a gap between values. The T is averaged at $130k which I believe is near enough to correct. The CHCH car - which I can't see being as good - has dropped to $160k and that will sit there at that until it hits the 130's then it might get a bit hotter. The SC is averaged at $62.5k which I think could be on the high side but comments on the SC is that you just don't see 204's in such colours and trim and condition these days. The T is nice for sure but strangely the SC entranced the valuers more. I can see why. One valuer suggested that SC 204 and 3.2 values are converging. I can see that for 204 SC's and 915 3.2's but I would believe that G50's are still the holy grail and would have to claim an extra 20 to 30k for some time yet. Out of interest, they put the blue SC hot rod on TM at low fifties, which I think is about right too. Interesting morning.
You must remember Notties ones always high side for sure ;-)
Old 02-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
You must remember Notties ones always high side for sure ;-)
Yes, so good to get two values and average them for insurance purposes.
He's sold a few early cars lately so probably has as good an idea as anyone
Old 02-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yes, so good to get two values and average them for insurance purposes. He's sold a few early cars lately so probably has as good an idea as anyone
Yes he's doing mine again next week. 18 months ago 993 was 150k! That was 45 mins on the hoist with Dean going over all the changes to the car. I think he was 18 months ahead of market. Numbers matching manual non accident low km cars are asking 60-70k GBP in UK but I'm not sure many are making that money. Regardless of the values this time I'm not lifting the insurance. It's costing over 4K a year for the two of them as it is.

Your Orange T is about right for insurance purposes. You have 100 in it and you will always loose 5-10k on the claim if it's at the track and with the fine print. It's not a factory original numbers matching RHD NZ new unicorn so I'd be looking at it from what it's would cost to reproduce which is probably 120k today depending how the wind blows....
Old 02-20-2016, 07:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I've seen some feedback on the condition of Max's Blue Targa and I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the only true market value is that determined by a sale as the cars are advertised at all prices and levels of deferred maintenance. Even then, the value will depend on what the buyer will accept in condition and how deep their pockets are. Interesting stuff for a Sunday morning discussion.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

C4 Auction on Tardme has one day to run. Any guesses as to where it will go? Personally I wonder whether it has already done its dash and there may be issues with settlement. I hope not for the latter as I've told Nigel I'm no longer a back up bid and he has made it clear auction bids are considered final.

Macca, I feel the need to scratch the yearly listing itch. We can hone the perfect add together. Great photos, maybe some drone footage, a mod/work done list that runs to pages. No intention of selling, just having some cheap fun.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I've seen some feedback on the condition of Max's Blue Targa and I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the only true market value is that determined by a sale as the cars are advertised at all prices and levels of deferred maintenance. Even then, the value will depend on what the buyer will accept in condition and how deep their pockets are. Interesting stuff for a Sunday morning discussion.
100% agree with this statement. The difference is we have more buyers with deeper pockets accepting condition that reflects only their lack of knowledge of the product and their urgency "not to miss the boat".
Old 02-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave, full respect to you because except for some really new metal the T must be close to the most valuable car on track.

If 996 prices get a lift from the rising tide there won't be any 911s of any flavour left under 50k!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE= Macca, I feel the need to scratch the yearly listing itch. We can hone the perfect add together. Great photos, maybe some drone footage, a mod/work done list that runs to pages. No intention of selling, just having some cheap fun.[/QUOTE]

Game on! We should use it to propagate the RSG cult....
Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

[quote=Macca]
Originally Posted by Macca, I feel the need to scratch the yearly listing itch. We can hone the perfect add together. Great photos, maybe some drone footage, a mod/work done list that runs to pages. No intention of selling, just having some cheap fun.[/QUOTE

Game on! We should use it to propagate the RSG cult....
Great, I'll get some pics next weekend. I think the max is 20. Happy to put a RSG promo in there. Not sure how long it can be advertised. Is there a record for duration and views?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?