Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
PCNZ gymkhana and sprints have just come through - rush rush to sign up lads..............it will be over subscribed by lunch time!
Thanks for the notice. Unfortunately I have a family commitment on the 13th and the 20th clashes with the Playday. Is your car finished yet?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
GSA845 is reborn! Contis started her up for the first time today. Looking good for her being back in my garage before the end of the week
Nice! How are you going to run it in?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:37 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean

Nice! How are you going to run it in?
I'm not sure yet. There's very little on the Net. Apparently I will get instructions from Contis. I suppose there will be a requirement to run through a full range of engine loads and revs but not over stress it.

Last edited by John McM; 06-24-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
I'm not sure yet. There's very little on the Net. Apparently I will get instructions from Contis. I suppose there will be a requirement to run through a full range of engine loads and revs but not over stress it.
Well midnight runs to Taupo are fun but I'd go for a dyno if you can get on one at a reasonable price. Nice controlled environment for loading, managing temps and keeping an eye on things.

Anyway, enjoy. Will be nice to have it all sorted I'm sure.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
PCNZ gymkhana and sprints have just come through - rush rush to sign up lads..............it will be over subscribed by lunch time!
Crap dates! Really wanted to do the sprints but will be away for school hols. The one in Taupo is also out due to Manfield in Sept.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:28 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Been flat out working so missed a few days here - so just catching up.
Nice one macca I will check out the article.
Man that car of yours is so developed now you are I reckon you will go back around the circle again and do shocks for the third time - exetec tarmac rally spec - but maybe only after the engine you keep hankering after.

I see Gavin is down for the SI tour in his super tuned 997 gt3rs be a sight to see tearing up the track. superfast.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gents. If any of you have car nerd friends wanting to do our Taupo 13th Track Day please could you make an effort to communicate to them that they can contact Tony or Gary at Playday and join in for the day for $220 a head.

Matt in Taupo. Have you booked yet?

Tony tells me there are 4 spots sold and paid with 3 maybes/to pay. If we can get this total number to 12 it basically covers the rest of the cost for the course based on the $250 non refundable we have paid each already (13 heads).

I will repeat this on the other thread and also on the Rennsport Gruppe Board but please if you know anyone remotely interested then let them know its on.

I have also posted on RSG site a poll. We now have a quote from Ray Williams to accompany us for the three days all costs included. I need a majority vote to install him as part of the tour. If the group don't believe there is sufficient benefit then we can scrap the idea. However many of us haven’t driven these tracks before and given the likely cold or possible wet conditions it may certainly be worth considering. We would envisage each person get Ray for at least 2 sessions at Taupo and one at Manfield.

Poll is here – please visit and vote...

http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/fo...php?topic=27.0
Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I imagine this situation is similar to bypass surgery in that your are in better health but you get back the old body

A few days to check for leaks etc, then across to Peter Adler to see what we can do about the SUV ride height. The ducktail and Fuchs can wait just a little bit longer. Also going to try out my can of red Plastidip on those 3 piece wheels.
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Looking good John! Will look and handle even better lowered. The wheels and ducktail you can probably fit yourself in the first instance (at least till you get time to have it prepped and painted).

I spoke to some guys on a European Forum Im part of. They had used plastidip on track wheels and said the heat from the wheels (they get real hot after lots of braking) makes its soft and it tears and "chips" right away. Maybe better for a road car. That was just some feedback I heard. I also want to try the product sometime.....
Old 06-25-2013, 06:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Logically, the ability to peel the coating off at will means there is compromise. I just intend to put this on my road going wheels to make them more attractive. I'll leave the Fuchs alone for the moment. All going well this will be a Rennsport Gruppe labelled car by Friday night, the biggest decision being whether I go red on white or white on red. I really should have ordered more, at $31 each they were a bargain.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:44 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

after the youtube lesson on banner installation from macca the outcomes from our gruppe are going to be interesting. I think you definitely need all the tools and take time ...
Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Default insurance

I'm in the process of sorting my insurance for the Targa. Anyone have a POV on the best people to use?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sean. I've been using "self insured and co" so far for all track and Targa events! Seriously.

I learnt after the event that Prestigio would insure a few select participants (mainly a couple of cars in the front back valued between 150 and 300k) wit special conditions (max speed, 10 or 15K excess, previous event history) so maybe you should try them. Ive recently insured with them but have yet to receive cover during an event, so cannot say for sure.

The best I know no one else will cover this event (I tried Classic Cover, AMI, State and around 5 others before going on the tour). Graeme may know more...
Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Sean. I've never looked in to Targa insurance, but Dave Taylor from Motorsport Services organizes car insurance for Motorsport events as he leases a lot of cars for enduros, Targa, etc. I think he is a broker for it, so he may be an option. I think its pretty expensive though with the sort of excesses Macca mentioned.

Most people self insure, I'm not aware of anyone in the Porsche Club race series that is insured while racing.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
mjg
Pro

Dropped my car in to have the RSS adjustable rear toe steer kit and locking plates installed and spotted John's car up on the lift. Glad to see it's almost back on the road!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?