Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MattB - just look away for a bit. Something for the bench racers:

Name:  Standing km and accel times.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  959.8 KB

French but self explanatory. If those four-doors get much quicker the yellow terror will be looking for another birthday present!
Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2015, 01:11 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

For those interested in the DSC PASM mod Matt is referring to (and that myself and Chris M are running) there are a few threads (such as the one linked below) floating around Rennlist with a bit more detail and user feedback. Is worth considering.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=856864&page=1
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
MattB - just look away for a bit. Something for the bench racers:

Attachment 949734

French but self explanatory. If those four-doors get much quicker the yellow terror will be looking for another birthday present!
Did you ever head down to Meremere to face off against the R32's and S14's? Would be interested to see how a modded 996 runs against a stock 997...
Old 06-30-2015, 02:39 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Nice looking Cayman with higher km's than we normally see http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=910319396
Looks like good buying at that price to me if the mileage is based on a lot of open road / long trips.

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Regarding the TPC PASM module, yes Chris B it will suit the Cayman. I have some very favourable pricing replies from the TPC guys but won't post that here. Suffice to say we will do well, so any you guys with PASM - talk to me via PM.
Thanks Matt. The system does look good. I've just being weighing up e investment vs other wish list items. PM sent.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:42 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nzskater
Did you ever head down to Meremere to face off against the R32's and S14's? Would be interested to see how a modded 996 runs against a stock 997...
Had organised a Meremere drag run after the (April?) PCNZ Sprints last year since she was wearing something stickier than Sumitomos that day. But instead she followed Ron's flatbedded 997T to Contis for both of them to get their coolant fittings done.

We'd both make a lot of kids in Tokyo metal very happy on the day of course. Not willing to risk an engine like some are...

Should have her sorted mid-late July, else the Father's Day drags make a good backstop. ChrisM was keen too.

Wouldn't it be nice if Meremere had a 3km+ runway off the end of the strip so we could take the fight to 300.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:58 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Regarding the TPC PASM module, yes Chris B it will suit the Cayman. I have some very favourable pricing replies from the TPC guys but won't post that here. Suffice to say we will do well, so any you guys with PASM - talk to me via PM.
Anyone with PASM who likes to really drive and wants the best bang for the buck suspension upgrade should PM Matt (floatingkiwi). We need one more taker to get a very good group buy. I'm in if we can get one more :-)

I've read all the reviews Matt has posted and it really is good. Just unplug the Porsche controller and replace it with this one to get the full capability of your programmable suspension with 3 smart settings. A massive improvement on the Porsche programmed unit. Cleaver stuff.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:45 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

And just a note - I'm not making anything off these tpc thingees by the way. Just my pure love of the marque....
Old 06-30-2015, 06:02 AM
shiraz
Racer

Hi, a bit off topic - any chance of a valentine 1? I did have Mark organized on his recent holiday to the UsA, but a bit of a breeze in the Pacific/ more important event put paid to that.
Cheers - David
Old 06-30-2015, 05:25 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Hi all, i'm looking for a 964 C2 21mm rear sway bar part # 964 333 701 07 . PM me if you have one lying around.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Had organised a Meremere drag run after the (April?) PCNZ Sprints last year since she was wearing something stickier than Sumitomos that day. But instead she followed Ron's flatbedded 997T to Contis for both of them to get their coolant fittings done.

We'd both make a lot of kids in Tokyo metal very happy on the day of course. Not willing to risk an engine like some are...

Should have her sorted mid-late July, else the Father's Day drags make a good backstop. ChrisM was keen too.

Wouldn't it be nice if Meremere had a 3km+ runway off the end of the strip so we could take the fight to 300.
Walt I'm keen for a Meremere day if you are organising one? I'm in NZ 08 Sept till 04 October and happy with weekdays. I have a good idea what the car should do having seen the white slips from a few other owners in Aus & US but I still haven't sampled launch control and figure there is no better place to do it. I'm sure we can get a reasonable RSG turn out if you could organise the event?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Walt I'm keen for a Meremere day if you are organising one? I'm in NZ 08 Sept till 04 October and happy with weekdays. I have a good idea what the car should do having seen the white slips from a few other owners in Aus & US but I still haven't sampled launch control and figure there is no better place to do it. I'm sure we can get a reasonable RSG turn out if you could organise the event?
Good idea, the R has launch control as well.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:42 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

FYI. No Affliation. At C&C on sunday i was handed a flyer advertising workshop/hoist hire. It in Silverdale so may not suit all but i know this has been discussed before so i thought i'd share

http://www.ufixitauto.co.nz/
Old 06-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For any 996 owners out there looking at the DSC system the costs are little different due to PSM not PASM, Just one model too old I guess...

Hello Pel,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have installed StandAlone DSC, wiring harness, and Tractive DDA coilovers 996 Turbos at our ship. The following items are required.

DSC module- this is the controller(the brain) for the fully active suspension, $1190
3-axis accelerometer- provides the controller with vertical, horizontal, and longitudinal g-force input, $250
StandAlone wiring harness- wiring to connect all four electronic shocks to the DSC module, accelerometer, and the car's CAN, $599
Tractive DDA 996 Turbo coilover kit- includes Tractive DDA electronic shocks, monoball top plates, and springs, $6450

***For 996TT spindle-mount adjustable sway bars links are required***

For this StandAlone application there is provision on the wiring harness to add a switch to select modes or the mode can be selected using the mini-USB port on the DSC module.

Best Regards,
Tom
Old 06-30-2015, 08:27 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macca
Great that you're keen. Unless someone drops in with a 997 GT2RS, 991T, or (pretty please) a 918, my money's on a 991 GT3 for the fastest stock (and probably overall) quarter.

Last time I spoke with them I asked them if we could tack a Porsche based event onto the end of their Saturday run (nicely after the Sprints) but they weren't keen as it would mean changing their agreed schedule with St Johns etc. That was relatively short notice though so will call them again to see if they're more accommodating.

Conveniently, the GT3 doesn't have any special launch control procedure other than simply brake boosting it to insane revs so I'm a bit surprised yours hasn't been tested yet. As you'll know from the user manual:

– Launch Control should only be used when the engine has reached operating temperature.
1. Press the brake with your left foot.
2. Quickly press down the accelerator fully and hold it down.
The engine speed will level off at around 6,500 rpm.
"Launch Control active" is displayed on the on-board computer.
3. Release the brake within a few seconds.
Remaining stationary for a long time with LAUNCH CONTROL can lead to overloading of the transmission....

...after which the computer sorts out the optimal grip as it rockets away.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Woke up this morning on a deserted island...Kakula

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?