Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

And now for a bit of practical content, I've not seen that before on a Porsche. It is a Porsche isn't it? Maybe it's a RAV 4. Hard to tell these days.
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
The Blue LHD 964 C2 on Trademe has been sold to the UK. It's NZ price is circa GBP 20,000. One of the reasons I think they are price bound in NZ is relative oversupply so we need to export more. Macca, time to get working on the master plan.
Agreed. Its why the 993 6speed has held up so well in NZ market. Comparatively there appear to be far fewer 993 than 964 in the NZ market place....

For the seller you quote I suspect the UK transaction netted him no more than he was expecting in NZ, only provided him a sale and a way out.

Problem with what you say is no way to earn an acceptable $$$ out of exporting this type of car to UK. No room for margin between reality of GBP return in NZD to NZ seller (as you know) and an acceptable margin for the hassle.

We've done it on your 3.6T, Ive tried it recently on a 993RS & RUF BTR2 (failed both attempts - UK private buyers wouldn't pay the NZ sellers lofty expectations - too much miss information in the market - too many folks taking UK pricing and doubling it for NZ return rather than racing UK price by 40-50% to get relative market parity taking in PPI, Freight/Insurance, UK VAT and ins some cases duty then compliance costs and the obvious 15-20% saving they need to make over UK provenance UK new etc)...

If you want to make some coin out of Porsche collecting/trading and want to follow maccas "964 3.3T are under valued" predictions of a few years ago then buy all the 996 GT3 cup cars you can (probably around 70k each) put them in a warehouse for 10 years then sell them to collectors in Europe...
Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
And now for a bit of practical content, I've not seen that before on a Porsche. It is a Porsche isn't it? Maybe it's a RAV 4. Hard to tell these days.
2003 Cayenne Turbo.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:57 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
If you want to make some coin out of Porsche collecting/trading and want to follow maccas "964 3.3T are under valued" predictions of a few years ago then buy all the 996 GT3 cup cars you can (probably around 70k each) put them in a warehouse for 10 years then sell them to collectors in Europe...
You will need to leave a cup car in the garage because as soon as you drive it, it will cost you $50Kp/a to run??

You need to keep up the maintenance to keep up the value.

I don't think there are many opportunities left now, too many people and dealers speculating what the next Pcar to go up in value is.

The equation is simple - just look for limited production number cars. Anything they only made a few thousand of will be collectable............
(oh – and an RS badge never hurt either……….)
Old 06-15-2015, 10:02 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Blue LHD 964 C2 on Trademe has been sold to the UK. It's NZ price is circa GBP 20,000.
For the seller you quote I suspect the UK transaction netted him no more than he was expecting in NZ, only provided him a sale and a way out..
Given it cost him just over $30k a couple of months ago i imagine he won't be complaining. I think you will all recall the badly presented car for sale out west
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, just what is the realistic, NZ, market rate for a no stories low mileage 6.2 gt3? There are so few advertised/sold its hard to get a feel
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Dave. Fugly solution. does look like a RAV4!

Paul. This is my point. Like previous predictions working on the opportunities others aren't focussed on for maximum value.

Not driving a car thats an investment doesnt seem to matter for some/many. Buy 8 x 996 Cup cars, have them prepared for deep storage, run them up every few months on the jacks, Ill flick you Manfred Freisinger personal details. You call him when ex old school race cars are collectable (should be around 8 years time) just like Mike 964RSR or Kevins Cup it will be worth much more then. Better yet - find a 996 GT3 RSR factory vin. Dont know if youve seen the pricing on factory vin 993 RSR these days...
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Given it cost him just over $30k a couple of months ago i imagine he won't be complaining. I think you will all recall the badly presented car for sale out west
Its a lengthy process with no guaranteed outcome (is its subject to PPI, has the money been transmitted yet and the car de registered etc) to make him $5-7K (we dont know what expenses he may have inccured other the usual overheads).
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Lets change the subject. I'm not drinking the same coolaid as everyone else on here obviously. Weve done this to death for years. People come up with antedotes, some come up with facts then we go around in circles. It really is a waste of a good forum. Surely there is something better to talk about...
Old 06-15-2015, 10:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

There are two C2s in the same colour, one RHD and one LHD.

I met the owner of the RHD one at CCS on Sunday. It was poorly presented the first time on Tardme, then had better pics the second time. It went for a price in the $40s. I got the impression that the new owner is happy with his purchase and could be coaxed out for a RSG track day.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Lets change the subject. I'm not drinking the same coolaid as everyone else on here obviously. Weve done this to death for years. People come up with antedotes, some come up with facts then we go around in circles. It really is a waste of a good forum. Surely there is something better to talk about...
Auckland house prices or Hondas? Take your pick
Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

So, just what is the realistic, NZ, market rate for a no stories low mileage 6.2 gt3? There are so few advertised/sold its hard to get a feel
Err........... not really sure such a car exists??

A lot of the 6.2 cars had cages in them at some stage and most have stories.

A good car would be around $90K I am guessing?

The last car through a dealer was $95K asking 12 months ago. I haven't seen one advertised since (except the white targa car at $90K).

I think someone may have paid around $80-85K for a black 6.1 six months ago, but it needed some TLC and probably owes the owner close to a hundie?

Most 6.1's are held by enthusiasts now (who stay up all night watching Pistonheads in the hope of a new one being listed for a spectacular new price.......??) Very 6.1 owner I know only talks values......even Nigel now??..... There are some good examples, but you will need to pay $120K plus??
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

On the subject of Hondas - those who crashed them - when are you fixing them..........??

(even I'm over Alk house prices, drop in interest rates will fuel the market more and make the crash bigger in circa 2017/18)...........)

Shows things must be quite shakey though for RB to consider 50 point drop to prop up rest of the economy though..........kinda scary story behind the story...........
Old 06-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Answer is 991 GT3 board :-)

Those guys run 30 minute track sessions (25-30 track days a year seems average) , never talk about their toys appreciating (they have many), call Hondas Acuras and never mention them and the word "house" hasnt come into a conversation in the 3 years Ive been there (some of them have wicked mansions some not). Must be a USA vs NZ thing?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Answer is 991 GT3 board :-)

Those guys run 30 minute track sessions (25-30 track days a year seems average) , never talk about their toys appreciating (they have many), call Hondas Acuras and never mention them and the word "house" hasnt come into a conversation in the 3 years Ive been there (some of them have wicked mansions some not). Must be a USA vs NZ thing?
We have just run out of interesting stuff to talk about Macca.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?