Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:44 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
25 July is the Puke round of the endurance series.
Fudge...........!!

I wanted to do Puke in the Honda's this year.

Oh well - there is always 2016........
Old 02-02-2015, 04:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Fudge...........!! I wanted to do Puke in the Honda's this year. Oh well - there is always 2016........
You are nuts.

You still keen for 1 March at Taupo? I arranged my flights to be able to do it if others are keen. We can take BB2 and the Grinch. Maybe BB as well if we have another trailer and tow wagon. Drivers get automatic acceptance for 4 July Endurance race at HD.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:06 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
You are nuts.

You still keen for 1 March at Taupo? I arranged my flights to be able to do it if others are keen. We can take BB2 and the Grinch. Maybe BB as well if we have another trailer and tow wagon. Drivers get automatic acceptance for 4 July Endurance race at HD.

Yes I am JMc.

I have just emailed HD to see if I can change the sprints date to anything other than 25 July. Really wanted to do Puke as have only driven it twice and wanted to learn it. A 100 or so laps is probably a good way........
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes I am JMc. I have just emailed HD to see if I can change the sprints date to anything other than 25 July. Really wanted to do Puke as have only driven it twice and wanted to learn it. A 100 or so laps is probably a good way........
Lucky the Grinch has been sorted and has the right cage. I'll happily do support and am ready with another exhaust hanger if you do that in again.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes I am JMc. I have just emailed HD to see if I can change the sprints date to anything other than 25 July. Really wanted to do Puke as have only driven it twice and wanted to learn it. A 100 or so laps is probably a good way........
Sorry, are you both Nuts and keen on 1 March or just Nuts?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Finally got time to look at MyLaps.

Looks like there will be some exciting battles between the 944 rookies this season. Neil showing very impressive debutant outing at HD with some good lap times, but remains to be seen if he can continue to pressure Pete on lessor known tracks. Battle at the front of 944 class between Chris & Marco continues to blaze, not sure if Marco is running nitro but he seems consistently .5s ahead of Chris B at HD last weekend.

Here is a rare Mexican speedster I discovered in Oaxaca yesterday....
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

P.s. Interesting to see the mini challenge times at HD are in the 1.14s

Also interesting to see the Toyota series times (assume GT86?) are in the 1.12s

Shows you don't need to go racing with a Porsche to be pressing on....

Nothing like the GT3 cups thou. Looks like Gilbertson is 1.09 with the faster cars putting in 1.07s. Fastest car and race of the weekend was a 1.06.76 by Ian. Is it a 991 Cup? Looks like a well set up and driven 997 Cup on slicks is mid/high 07s on the weekend. nice!
Old 02-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Ndewar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks macca, I will do my best to stay close to Pete, and once he has his diff fixed that will not be easy. What will be easy is to spend more trying to stay in touch. Best spend will be on driver training and that's where I will be going, followed by those famous brave pills I got emailed about the other day.
Your time from HD need some clarification.
The minis wee the super minis which are very fast and not true minis. The slower regular minis were significantly slower than the 1.14 obviously.
The 1.12 is not GT 86 times but a TRS race that was in the wet. This time was with wets on and very impressive. The best time by a TRS car that I saw was 59.5 , very very fast.
You are correct on the cups cars and the 997 cups are very fast and got faster over the weekend as the drivers got into it.

Chris is fats and consistently fast as is Marco who seems to have a small edge at the moment. Chris and Phil are much closer and had some race long duels , at least in my rear view mirror, for a while.

John. Sorry I can't make the 1 March as weddings are taking me away from a number of track events in the next few months. Will be back at HD in 6 weeks for the next races however.
Looking forward to the endurance series !!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ndewar
Thanks macca, I will do my best to stay close to Pete, and once he has his diff fixed that will not be easy. What will be easy is to spend more trying to stay in touch. Best spend will be on driver training and that's where I will be going, followed by those famous brave pills I got emailed about the other day.
Your time from HD need some clarification.
The minis wee the super minis which are very fast and not true minis. The slower regular minis were significantly slower than the 1.14 obviously.
The 1.12 is not GT 86 times but a TRS race that was in the wet. This time was with wets on and very impressive. The best time by a TRS car that I saw was 59.5 , very very fast.
You are correct on the cups cars and the 997 cups are very fast and got faster over the weekend as the drivers got into it.

Chris is fats and consistently fast as is Marco who seems to have a small edge at the moment. Chris and Phil are much closer and had some race long duels , at least in my rear view mirror, for a while.

John. Sorry I can't make the 1 March as weddings are taking me away from a number of track events in the next few months. Will be back at HD in 6 weeks for the next races however.
Looking forward to the endurance series !!!!
Thanks for clarifying that Neil. Seemed very quick for a GT86 I must say LOL!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:21 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep - and you've got a whole lot of other things to take into account when looking at lap times on say mylaps. What was actually happening in the race, traffic, weather, track condition, the state of individual cars, different tyre choices etc etc. I wouldn't draw anything other than the very broadest of conclusions.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:29 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

What do you guys think of a "damaged import"? Would you buy one knowing it's been repaired correctly by a reputable panel beater?

I spoke to a few friends which works in the car dealer trade and they scream bloody murder staying no dealer would trade on it and I will have a hard time even to sell it privately

I'm currently on the fence about the car and would like some opinions
Old 02-02-2015, 07:47 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

If the price is right and you are 100% sure the car is fit then it shouldn't be discounted.

The risks you've pointed out are real; it will be harder to move it when the time comes (ie that silver GT3 that has been on the market for quite a while now), but as evidenced by yourself there are people willing to accept those risks.

Two factors working in your favour are price and time. You have a great position to push down the cost as a buyer, and if you keep the car medium-long term you can build up a history and hopefully balance the risk of lower resale value.

If it's going to be a track weapon and it checks out the buy argument might become more compelling.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrphil
What do you guys think of a "damaged import"? Would you buy one knowing it's been repaired correctly by a reputable panel beater? I spoke to a few friends which works in the car dealer trade and they scream bloody murder staying no dealer would trade on it and I will have a hard time even to sell it privately I'm currently on the fence about the car and would like some opinions
Different people have different approaches. To some people any damage history is unacceptable. Others will buy, at a discount, if they are given enough information to make an informed decision.

I think there is a market for the car as long as the damage can be quantified. If you can get correct info on the damage and repair, then it's still worth a look. If you can't get that info, then I'd steer clear. Any buyer down the track will want that info as well. Not having it reduces the car value more than likely warranted, unless the buyer is an expert.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:44 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

its a beautiful car and drives very well, if it didn't have this "imported damage" scar for live I would of made the seller an offer already

The silver gt3 seems very cheap, how much you think it would of been worth without its bad history? Was it a major crash?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Different people have different approaches. To some people any damage history is unacceptable. Others will buy, at a discount, if they are given enough information to make an informed decision.

I think there is a market for the car as long as the damage can be quantified. If you can get correct info on the damage and repair, then it's still worth a look. If you can't get that info, then I'd steer clear. Any buyer down the track will want that info as well. Not having it reduces the car value more than likely warranted, unless the buyer is an expert.
^^^^ 100% what he said.

You need to understand the scope and extent of the damage, repairs and have it well documented (letter from repairer and photos) for future on sale.

Personally I wouldn't touch the car with this commentary on the title. It is a sub $100K car to me as you need an uneducated buyer to on sell it to. Look at how long the red 6.2 GT3 sat for sale - it had to go to dealers up and down the country to find a buyer who didn't know the history.

Look at the Gen 1 Gt3 for $64K - this car is 25-30% below market value for a 9/10 example and it still doesn't sell at a 30% discount.

The car to buy was Dave Mac's GT3 - NZ new, only 16K on the clock and well known providence by a prominent collector - a lot of 'providence' to buy for only an extra $14K. You could never make the white car this good for any money, let alone $14K. Given they sell new cars now with 8K on the clock, you were basically buying a new car at half price.

I would hold out for the best example you can get and just pay what it takes as this is the cheapest form of ownership and easiest example to on-sell.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?