Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I often decide on a run the afternoon or night before so advertising/inviting needs to happen quickly. Most of us are RL regulars but it's also a bit public, esp if something bad happened. RSG is secure but not visited often enough. Maybe our closed RSG FB group would be best?? After lots of runs over the summer with just 1-2 others I'm thinking that a good format is to keep the numbers low, or if there are more than 3-4 break into smaller groups and go out separately. Reasons for thinking this are: 1 attract less attention 2 less issues with staying together when the group needs to get past some regular traffic. In a bigger group this causes problems, with only 2-3 its a breeze. 3 easier to keep together as a group. 4 swap lead regularly to have more fun or find the right order (quicker up front) Anyway just my opinion and current thinking
Spot on. I agree with this approach. Especially for a drive with decent pace. I would use the direct email approach like Ron & others do. To conspicuous posting in line and group size needs to be kept down...
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Agree with Paul. Buy that GT3 ASAP. Ask questions after. Cars like that won't sit. You have nothing to worry about - replace ceramics with steel & make clocks from ceramics - they are find for daily driving but don't like being pushed on. Steve at almost ruined his on SITT. Call him or Dan and they can give some advice but simple answer is to replace discs with steel unless using only on road....
Old 01-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
I recently purchased a period Momo, dont really want to sell it though. I did think it would look great in a 911:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...psc357acc1.jpg

Sorry for the crap photo, its in way better condition than it looks.
Thanks for that, it is a cool looking retro job but I want to get hold of the original 3 spoke Porsche wheel.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Just do it. This car will be gone within days......

PCCB are only a problem if you regularly race the car - cheaper to swap out for steel. if not tracked - they will never be a problem as they don't ware out under normal use (well so I have read......)
Originally Posted by Macca
Agree with Paul. Buy that GT3 ASAP. Ask questions after. Cars like that won't sit. You have nothing to worry about - replace ceramics with steel & make clocks from ceramics - they are find for daily driving but don't like being pushed on. Steve at almost ruined his on SITT. Call him or Dan and they can give some advice but simple answer is to replace discs with steel unless using only on road....
I emailed the seller this morning, will see if I can view this weekend

Been trying to talk the wife into this instead of the cayman s, I told her cheaper and less deprecation on a gt3
Old 01-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Spot on. I agree with this approach. Especially for a drive with decent pace. I would use the direct email approach like Ron & others do. To conspicuous posting in line and group size needs to be kept down...
I'm too far away to participate but what would be cool is a RSG app as I'm assuming most of the members are on Smartphones. That way its direct and instant to the individuals phones and you could have other features as well. Guess it depends how much a basic App costs.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrphil
I emailed the seller this morning, will see if I can view this weekend

Been trying to talk the wife into this instead of the cayman s, I told her cheaper and less deprecation on a gt3
I do think you should grab it. It's definitely not a "bargain" but certainly a fair buy depending on what you secured it for. Depreciation would be low and its nicely specced. Good luck.... but don't muck around as I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone in a week.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Rennlist App a great idea. We seem to have slot of RSG members in the IT space perhaps someone in the group could work with Steves son Michael who looks after the site to put it together.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by mrphil
that is so temping, do we have any 997.1 gt3 owners here? whats the maintenance cost like? those PCCB cant be too cheap to replace anything else i should look out for? cheers
Scheduled maintenance on modern Porsches is cheap e.g. The yearly service on the R was under $600 and oil was a substantial part of that.

The expense with any performance car is consumables. Use it on the track as intended and pads, discs, tyres etc costs will start to mount up.

Use it on the road and wear will be a lot more moderate.

One point not mentioned so far is ride quality. Some Porsches can adapt the suspension to the task. My R is not one of them. Luckily I like a firm riding car and drive mostly on road carpet.

Your wife, Christchurch roads and the car may not get on well. Apparently that was a factor in the RS60 Boxster Doug bought from Chch.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:20 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM

Your wife, Christchurch roads and the car may not get on well. Apparently that was a factor in the RS60 Boxster Doug bought from Chch.
And the RS60 has PASM. I would not be buying a GT3 if the purpose was a DD with both partners driving! If on the other hand there is an ulterior motive....
Old 01-27-2015, 04:26 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

What's the go with the racing this weekend. Is there a supporter group going?
Old 01-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug, Walter, Chris B. Reminder re Targa. Received final invoice for early bird special yesterday. Needs paying by month end. Chris you should consider the Golf R I think it would be more fun :-)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the go with the racing this weekend. Is there a supporter group going?
Yes - Helen, Gary and Craig are heading down......

I have a project meeting on Sunday morning but was planning to go down do in the avo.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:46 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yes - Helen, Gary and Craig are heading down...... I have a project meeting on Sunday morning but was planning to go down do in the avo.
Ok. I have to travel on Sunday so sounds like I'll be a free agent in the pits on the Saturday.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Agreed, is a great idea. Using something like Telegram core services and developing using their open API so it has a branded/specific front end wouldn't be too hard. I should have learned to code at some point...

Telegram would actually work out of the box, and provides the ability to create group conversations on a secure, private network at no cost, that are accessible via all devices inc your laptop/desktop.

https://telegram.org/
Rennlist App a great idea. We seem to have slot of RSG members in the IT space perhaps someone in the group could work with Steves son Michael who looks after the site to put it together.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:21 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I do think you should grab it. It's definitely not a "bargain" but certainly a fair buy depending on what you secured it for. Depreciation would be low and its nicely specced. Good luck.... but don't muck around as I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone in a week.
Scheduled maintenance on modern Porsches is cheap e.g. The yearly service on the R was under $600 and oil was a substantial part of that.

The expense with any performance car is consumables. Use it on the track as intended and pads, discs, tyres etc costs will start to mount up.

Use it on the road and wear will be a lot more moderate.

One point not mentioned so far is ride quality. Some Porsches can adapt the suspension to the task. My R is not one of them. Luckily I like a firm riding car and drive mostly on road carpet.

seller gave me a ring this morning and we had a great chat, he is the second owner and havent driven it much since bringing it back from the UK thats why its for sale.

i would love to view it this weekend but he is away so it will have to be the following weekend

as for the wife problem its a work in process, she has a work car and i said she can take my car whenever she wants and i will just take the GT3 to work

Anyone want to buy a NZ new 2014 Bmw Z4 m-sport with about 2000km, if i can get rid of her car i would have a higher chance of getting it

oh one last thing, with a UK car how worry should i be with rust? sounds like the car spent about 4 years there

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?