Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by mrphil
seller gave me a ring this morning and we had a great chat, he is the second owner and havent driven it much since bringing it back from the UK thats why its for sale. i would love to view it this weekend but he is away so it will have to be the following weekend as for the wife problem its a work in process, she has a work car and i said she can take my car whenever she wants and i will just take the GT3 to work Anyone want to buy a NZ new 2014 Bmw Z4 m-sport with about 2000km, if i can get rid of her car i would have a higher chance of getting it oh one last thing, with a UK car how worry should i be with rust? sounds like the car spent about 4 years there
My R spent a year in the UK. No rust evident. Others with longer exposure can show corrosion on wheel lug nuts and exhaust pieces. A quick look on a hoist with the wheels off will give you a good idea. With a high value car I wouldn't expect a problem.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:54 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
What's the go with the racing this weekend. Is there a supporter group going?
I'm (almost) more excited about watching the V8s!!

Originally Posted by Macca
Chris you should consider the Golf R I think it would be more fun :-)
Consider his co-driver when you make misguided statements like that! The Turbo is safe.

Ok. I have to travel on Sunday so sounds like I'll be a free agent in the pits on the Saturday.
We're in tents unfortunately - hopefully the forecast rain won't be too bad.

Originally Posted by mrphil
as for the wife problem its a work in process, she has a work car and i said she can take my car whenever she wants and i will just take the GT3 to work
I'm liking the way you think!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

My R spent a year in the UK. No rust evident. Others with longer exposure can show corrosion on wheel lug nuts and exhaust pieces. A quick look on a hoist with the wheels off will give you a good idea. With a high value car I wouldn't expect a problem.
Spot on. Your mechanic should be able to very quickly ascertain any long term damage from salted roads. Look for exhaust hardware, tandem oil pump, main oil line and brake lines as a start.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

Thanks guys, will see how things goes after viewing the car
Old 01-27-2015, 10:07 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Agreed, is a great idea. Using something like Telegram core services and developing using their open API so it has a branded/specific front end wouldn't be too hard. I should have learned to code at some point...

Telegram would actually work out of the box, and provides the ability to create group conversations on a secure, private network at no cost, that are accessible via all devices inc your laptop/desktop.

https://telegram.org/
Interesting. When i get a free couple of hours i'll have a read of the API and Protocols. However, you are right looks like it will suffice out of the box, sans branding/RSG specific features

I like your new avatar too
Old 01-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

From the latest EVO magazine:

The Cayman GT4 will officially debut February 5th.

An all new Boxster Spyder is on the way. Not as hardcore as the GT4, it will be in the spirit of the its lightweight predecessor.

8 more days. Place your bets now.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:00 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Agreed, is a great idea. Using something like Telegram core services and developing using their open API so it has a branded/specific front end wouldn't be too hard. I should have learned to code at some point...

Telegram would actually work out of the box, and provides the ability to create group conversations on a secure, private network at no cost, that are accessible via all devices inc your laptop/desktop.

https://telegram.org/
Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Interesting. When i get a free couple of hours i'll have a read of the API and Protocols. However, you are right looks like it will suffice out of the box, sans branding/RSG specific features
I've had a quick look. The API provides for sending messages and manipulating contacts, etc. For RSG to have its own branding it would mean writing a client for each platform - iphone, android, web, desktop. Arguably impractical?

Just thinking off the top of my head...The may be an opportunity to manage the user group and trigger messaging from a central place, i.e. the RSG website. E.g. Make a new thread or add a post to an existing thread and have that message broadcast to all users of telegraph - not dissimilar to Facebook notifications. Of course this assumes the RSG website is open source and there are resources to modify the source code
Old 01-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

911 Luggage http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living...-839878921.htm
Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be deducting that little siesta from the bill.

SC engine certified as a pretty healthy example with leak down and compressions checked.
Also some Evidence that the engine has been apart.

All good.
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2015, 01:12 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just needs some SSI's and twin Dansk exhaust to make it breath more old school.......
Old 01-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking

That would put the asking price up proportionately
Old 01-28-2015, 01:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
That would put the asking price up proportionately
Eh - where's the depreciation for your enjoyment factor??
Old 01-28-2015, 01:37 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Eh - where's the depreciation for your enjoyment factor??
Only applies to 993s
Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Only applies to 993s
and C3's...........
Old 01-28-2015, 01:45 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Interesting. When i get a free couple of hours i'll have a read of the API and Protocols. However, you are right looks like it will suffice out of the box, sans branding/RSG specific features I like your new avatar too
Thanks, actually put effort into a photo for once, turned out well.
I've had a quick look. The API provides for sending messages and manipulating contacts, etc. For RSG to have its own branding it would mean writing a client for each platform - iphone, android, web, desktop. Arguably impractical? Just thinking off the top of my head...The may be an opportunity to manage the user group and trigger messaging from a central place, i.e. the RSG website. E.g. Make a new thread or add a post to an existing thread and have that message broadcast to all users of telegraph - not dissimilar to Facebook notifications. Of course this assumes the RSG website is open source and there are resources to modify the source code
Great idea, and achievable with minimal effort. Imagine the forum is based on a standard and is modifiable. Who put it together?

Before we start looking at this, would people be interested? To get an idea of what we're talking about, download Telegram for your smart phone and register (should only take 1 minute). It should populate your contacts with anyone else who has it installed based on the existing contacts on your phone (assuming you have their phone number).
iOS - https://appsto.re/nz/psM6O.i
Android - https://telegram.org/dl/android

https://telegram.org/apps

Originally Posted by Maxem
I'll be deducting that little siesta from the bill. SC engine certified as a pretty healthy example with leak down and compressions checked. Also some Evidence that the engine has been apart. All good.
Nice. Am sure that feels like a bonus after buying the rapid pace in which you picked up the car (as I'm assuming you bought it on the spot). What year is it Dave?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?