and C3's...........
And 996TT
Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-839048833.htm

Far more realistically priced than the silver C4S.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Andrew's car moves??
Is two days quick enough for you!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=839048833

I said to Macca the other day I've actually been tempted to move mine if the right car came up!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:10 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Rennlist App a great idea. We seem to have slot of RSG members in the IT space perhaps someone in the group could work with Steves son Michael who looks after the site to put it together.
Too hard /expensive to make a custom app for multiple platforms

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug, Walter, Chris B. Reminder re Targa. Received final invoice for early bird special yesterday. Needs paying by month end. Chris you should consider the Golf R I think it would be more fun :-)
Yep, got mine too

Originally Posted by nzskater
Agreed, is a great idea. Using something like Telegram core services and developing using their open API so it has a branded/specific front end wouldn't be too hard. I should have learned to code at some point... Telegram would actually work out of the box, and provides the ability to create group conversations on a secure, private network at no cost, that are accessible via all devices inc your laptop/desktop. https://telegram.org/
Now you are talking but email is even simpler.

Originally Posted by mrphil
seller gave me a ring this morning and we had a great chat, he is the second owner and havent driven it much since bringing it back from the UK thats why its for sale. i would love to view it this weekend but he is away so it will have to be the following weekend as for the wife problem its a work in process, she has a work car and i said she can take my car whenever she wants and i will just take the GT3 to work Anyone want to buy a NZ new 2014 Bmw Z4 m-sport with about 2000km, if i can get rid of her car i would have a higher chance of getting it oh one last thing, with a UK car how worry should i be with rust? sounds like the car spent about 4 years there
You need to get it on a hoist to check for rust. Don't assume it's all good until examined on a lift.

Originally Posted by Maxem
I'll be deducting that little siesta from the bill. SC engine certified as a pretty healthy example with leak down and compressions checked. Also some Evidence that the engine has been apart. All good.
Did you see my smashed Boxster S there? Assuming it will end up with Steve
Old 01-28-2015, 02:32 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Thanks, actually put effort into a photo for once, turned out well.

Great idea, and achievable with minimal effort. Imagine the forum is based on a standard and is modifiable. Who put it together?

Before we start looking at this, would people be interested? To get an idea of what we're talking about, download Telegram for your smart phone and register (should only take 1 minute). It should populate your contacts with anyone else who has it installed based on the existing contacts on your phone (assuming you have their phone number).
iOS - https://appsto.re/nz/psM6O.i
Android - https://telegram.org/dl/android

https://telegram.org/apps

Nice. Am sure that feels like a bonus after buying the rapid pace in which you picked up the car (as I'm assuming you bought it on the spot). What year is it Dave?
Yeah, bought it on the spot and hoped for the best. I sort of looked under it but didn't want to get my clothes dirty. It's a 1982.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by O2GO
Too hard /expensive to make a custom app for multiple platforms

Yep, got mine too

Now you are talking but email is even simpler.

You need to get it on a hoist to check for rust. Don't assume it's all good until examined on a lift.

Did you see my smashed Boxster S there? Assuming it will end up with Steve
Doug, I wasn't specifically looking for it so it may have been there - don't know. Only tuned in to 911's
Old 01-28-2015, 02:41 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Dave, did you see my 911? Anything to report? :-P
Old 01-28-2015, 02:42 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Is two days quick enough for you!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=839048833

I said to Macca the other day I've actually been tempted to move mine if the right car came up!

It would have been less than a day if the car was in Auckland or if Andrew was prepared to sell the car over the phone sight unseen.

I will let Andrew tell the story, but I understand he could have sold it 5 x over (including to Max and Tony M).

He priced it right by having something very desirable and pitched it just below market. Nice to see manual 993's have maintained the continued practice of selling within 1-2 days

(except for Macca and Scott and the silver C4S and the Turbo's.........and the RUF........what am I talking about - they sit like everything else unless priced below market.........)

Of more interest will be his next move
Old 01-28-2015, 02:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah, bought it on the spot and hoped for the best. I sort of looked under it but didn't want to get my clothes dirty. It's a 1982.
Old habits die hard, you used the same approach with BB.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

It would have been less than a day if the car was in Auckland or if Andrew was prepared to sell the car over the phone sight unseen. I will let Andrew tell the story, but I understand he could have sold it 5 x over (including to Max and Tony M). He priced is right by having something very desirable and pitched it just below market. Nice to see manual 993's have maintained the continued practice of selling within 1-2 days (except for Macca and Scott and the silver C4S and the Turbo's.........and the RUF........what am I talking about - they sit like everything else unless priced below market.........) Of more interest will be his next move
Aaron asked me what a NZ new 993 C2 with 45,000km was worth. I said $80k. Obviously wrong.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:53 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Dave, did you see my 911? Anything to report? :-P
Yes, in the mechanics bay, door off, side window out, spaghetti wiring - jees there's a lot of junk up front in a 964 - Steve says the car is ready for the build up now. Also saw the painted bumpers and front guards. He also said "Pete's car, Lola, and then yours". How did I get so far down the list? That said, I did muscle the SC right to the front today shunting Pete's outside for the final touches.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Aaron asked me what a NZ new 993 C2 with 45,000km was worth. I said $80k. Obviously wrong.
I assume it's manual?

I thought we established manual 993's were sub $50K cars these days based on recent TM sales??

Is this the white car in Kohi or Dave's old car? - don't know of any others with a mileage that low. It's in another league and a collectors item and I'd think any air cooled 911 with that sort of mileage would be six figures regardless of being a 911/64/93? - IMHO..........

Try finding another??
Old 01-28-2015, 02:59 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Thanks Dave. Can't wait to get her back. My rebuild may be way quicker than Paul's lick of fresh paint. Paul you must be dying mate.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:10 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Paul you must be dying mate.
Don't get me started. It was meant to be an 8 week job. 6 months later I am at the end of my threshold............

The other 993's were in there for about 6 months too - I should have known better........

It's not a criticism of the person doing the work - resto's are just not the priority.......

I do need to thank Pete for the kind loan of his car over Xmas - didn't actually use it much and unfortunately couldn't come up to yours - but it was nice to see it in the garage while having a cuppa on the deck in the morning.

Having a Pcar in the garage does make you feel warm and fuzzy - even if you don't use it much........
Old 01-28-2015, 03:15 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Don't get me started. It was meant to be an 8 week job. 6 months later I am at the end of my threshold............

The other 993's were in there for about 6 months too - I should have known better........

It's not a criticism of the person doing the work - resto's are just not the priority.......

I do need to thank Pete for the kind loan of his car over Xmas - didn't actually use it much and unfortunately couldn't come up to yours - but it was nice to see it in the garage while having a cuppa on the deck in the morning.

Having a Pcar in the garage does make you feel warm and fuzzy - even if you don't use it much........
I better hurry up and get those seats to you then!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:25 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I better hurry up and get those seats to you then!
They look nice all wrapped up in bubble wrap at the painters

I don't normally give my cars names - but I'm thinking 'Casper' is a good one at the moment.........
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?