Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

This is what the Turbo 3.6 looks like now
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 02:15 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

This is what it will look like when returned to its original colour.
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 02:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
This is what the Turbo 3.6 looks like now
Or as is in a different light. Hard to get used to the thought of its colour changing after 13 years.
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 02:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Btw I checked the Midnight Blue car with the Turbo 3.6 register and it is a known car. Register number 87. Despite it having the plate 911X88 when new, the VIN doesn't match any of the cars on this site http://flachbau.com/x88_options.php so is very unlikely to be an X88. That would drop $50k off the price I mentioned.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:44 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Good idea. Ring Notty. He will do it for you. I had my solicitor go through the paper work on both cars after Chris M. The sticky point apart from the driver training (which luckily I rectified as i had personally hired Ray Williams to sit with me for 4-5 sessions less than a year ago at NITT - they changed the rules after Chris M and before my Porsche Advanced 2 day training at Mt Cotton was acceptable even though it was 10 years ago!) was the agreed vs market valuation piece. After much discussion with Prestigio we cleared that up. Essentially the car must be valued by a professional otherwise it falls back into the grey...
Macca, been lying awake since 3 am steaming away over all this crap I'm going through and especially loosing my car. It's back in the garage here and it's such a bloody nice car to loose. I sat in it yesterday and love it so.

A question about the advice prestigio gave you above. They gave me this advice too. Given you are more particular about these things than me (and I'm reasonably **** about insurance) did they advise you to do anything more than get the professional valuation? Eg, did they say you then have to lodge it with them and request a change in the police from market value to agreed value? This may have an impact for my claim and getting a suitable settlement to enable me to purchase an equivalent car.

(Apologies team for going on and on about this but blogging about it is a kind of therapy too.)
Old 12-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug. That quote if from a while back. I think Ive been banging on about insurance on here a bit over the last few years! Dough Ill PM you what I was told.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Doug. That quote if from a while back. I think Ive been banging on about insurance on here a bit over the last few years! Dough Ill PM you what I was told.
Macca, when you hit 50, it seems like you have to lose an existing memory for every new piece of info. That and I think most of us are pre-wired to learn the hard way. Just spend a few days with a teenager and you'll see what I mean.

Doug, do you think Ian has enough time to do Herman as well? The Turbo 3.6 is underinsured too, but I won't get a new valuation on that until I know whether it's mine for a while longer.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks John. I'm now really looking forward to my 50s. Just got to get the ageing process for the 40s outta the way first thanks!

Looks like roads will be dry after lunch. Anyone interested in a 1-2 hr drive so where let me know. I need to get some driving on the wrong side of the road in! Happy to ride mid field and take is as it comes...
Old 12-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
Some news on the P1. Arrives in AKL on Sunday night. Should be at McLaren by Tuesday. Probably won't take delivery till early Jan as will want to wrap the front in 3M and need to fit a 6 point harness. If anyone wants to go and have a look feel free. Mention my name to get access.

Also, a friend of mine has a black La Ferrari and we are planning a photo shoot before my car is transported to Hawkes Bay.
Having a P1 arriving must simply be the best Christmas present ever?! What colour spec did you go for?
P1 & LaFa photoshoot will be spectacular!

Does anyone know if we're likely to see a 918 on our shores? I read they've all been spoken for.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:11 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

From what I understand there may be 2 heading to NZ, unsure how often they'll be on the road...
Old 12-20-2014, 04:14 PM
O2GO
Drifting

What would you buy, a DFI Boxster? I suspect that the Turbo 3.6 will be gone by then, but it is an option. Donna and I are definitely in for the tour. Not sure if we'd bring a car back, although it would be great to have a brand new Porsche at least once in my life.
I don't know John. But it would be a lot of fun researching and figuring that out. I like the 2 seater 98x platform so a 981 GTS or something special would be pretty cool. Don't think I'd buy new though. Can't handle the depreciation.

Yes, it was back in August. I'd searched the thread. I thought when I hit reply it would put the date of the quote but then after doing it saw it hadn't. If I do it again I'll manually add the date.

Thanks for your PM and advice.

Macca, when you hit 50, it seems like you have to lose an existing memory for every new piece of info. That and I think most of us are pre-wired to learn the hard way. Just spend a few days with a teenager and you'll see what I mean. Doug, do you think Ian has enough time to do Herman as well? The Turbo 3.6 is underinsured too, but I won't get a new valuation on that until I know whether it's mine for a while longer.
John, give him a call. Details are on www.rsconsulting.com. He's coming here Monday 1330.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
From what I understand there may be 2 heading to NZ, unsure how often they'll be on the road...
Nice to know they'll be out there regardless. Hopefully they do get to see the light of day!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:47 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks John. I'm now really looking forward to my 50s. Just got to get the ageing process for the 40s outta the way first thanks!

Looks like roads will be dry after lunch. Anyone interested in a 1-2 hr drive so where let me know. I need to get some driving on the wrong side of the road in! Happy to ride mid field and take is as it comes...
I could be keen Macca - call me 021 752 245.

(I have Pete's Red Baron and not used it yet - except to get into the garage.........)
Old 12-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

I'd be keen but......
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 05:00 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dougie - on the insurance front, I am talking to Prestegio now as my policy has fallen due.

I just got a market val of $80K for my car as I wanted to better secure my position given the money being spent over the last 12 months.

The 'hook' in the policy is the wording saying agreed value up to 120% of market value. I responded saying that the market value for a manual 993 may have a 100% spread and could be $80K or $45K given on milage, condition, colour combo and whether NZ new or an import, and that I didn't want to run the risk of them assessing the market value at $50-60K and because the agreed value of $80K is more than 120% of $50-60K, they revert to the market value, and the agreed value becomes pointless.

I have asked if we can endorse the written valuation as the market valuation for the next 12 months (and they have gone quiet)..........

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?