Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:40 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-823796233.htm

NZ new, manual and only 66K................
Old 12-19-2014, 03:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^ very good deal assumes 90K negotiated. Someone here looking for 997 TT?
Old 12-19-2014, 03:23 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lot of car for the money
Old 12-19-2014, 03:35 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

993 RWB interior. Use of the suede looks nice.
Attached Images   
Old 12-19-2014, 04:27 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
^^^^ very good deal assumes 90K negotiated. Someone here looking for 997 TT?
I reckon Ron's would be better buy given all his upgrades, no? Sitting in CCS showroom looking amazing
Old 12-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I reckon Ron's would be better buy given all his upgrades, no? Sitting in CCS showroom looking amazing
Probably not much in it I guess. Higher mileage and definitely would have sung harder for its supper so to speak.

I've just ridden home from dinner on the back of a Patrol starring at the stars on a balmy 26c evening about to depart in the morning for 6 months travelling and as much as I'm looking forward to firing up the GT3 tomorrow I'm gonna miss this place....
Old 12-19-2014, 06:26 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
here are the notes on the blue car Paul spotted today made back in 2007. Its the only one wiyh blue leather but wasnt recognised as X88 option. Jun-07 964 turbo 3.6 5 93 80 NZ Midnight blue blue 89000 P / RS SB 5099, was 120k, was 115k, still for sale in Dec 07, start bid $95k, was 112k 03.08, offered for $98k May 08, and sept 08, Nov 08 requires some servicing, was 98 k, now 89k at june 09
The car Paul saw today had a personalised plate from new. Time to do some train spotting I think.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:36 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Back to tow vehicles feedback for you John as I've been thinking more about it. As I did a lot of research on SUVs and try outs before selecting my 2003 Cayenne S 7 years ago. All my opinion of course

Commodore v6. Did 80k in this. Good towing for 2 tonne boat. Poor traction. Slushy to drive.
Commodore berlina v8. Plenty of torque for towing. Terrible match to the auto box. Lots of wheelspin, ie poor traction.

I then decided for towing it is good to have 4wd.

Reviewed, test drive and considered he following
Toyota land cruiser. Best residuals. Cheap to maintain. Reliable. Slushy to drive (like a truck). Crap interior finish. Boring to own
Taureq. Neighbour has done 200km in the v10 diesel. Pretty good. Belingy interior
X5 slushy to drive. Poor boot space. Nice looker. Great engines
Ml3xx. Pretty good. Same neighbour put 200k on one of these. Required a 7k gbox rebuild
Ml5xx loved these. Poor boot space. Tossed up now one vs 2yo cayenne s
Cayenne S v8 gen1. Ive documented my exoerience. Pleasure to drive, porsche handling. Minimalist quality interior. Biggest boot space. 3.5ton towing capacity so well capable towing 2t without being pushed around.

Doing it again I'd take the pleasure owning the Cayenne S. Talk to service experts for a final opinion on typical service issues. I've had a great run.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:57 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Insurance update. Not a lot to report.

Submitted evidence to support the cost to purchase a vehicle of the same make, age, conditoon, fratures etc as defined in the policy. There is no market in nz to purchase a 2007 or later Boxster S manual which is why it took me 6 months to have one come on the market. They're all autos.

There are four equivalent for sale in the UK. So I psdfed them, averaged the price and ran it through Pete's comprehensive import cost spreadsheet from his cayman.

This supports a replacement cost with a UK import of $45.5k

My brokers added their arguements and submitted it to Star Underwriters. A committment was received to have a decision yesterday.

Decision not received and when chased at 4 pm they were off at their Christmas party. My broker was very disappointed.

Next steps, we've notified that we are relocating the vehicle to my garage to facilitate a professional detailed valuation analysis with replacement cost by Ian Nott.

Our family went through the Prestigio policy looking for holes and traps to be aware of. We found a few.

As i recall these were some...

To have any of the following upgrades/options covered they must be listed in the schedule, examples include
Stereo ( unless factory I think)
Phone interface
Radar detector, fitted or mobile
Floor matts
Boot liners
Seat covers
Or anything not essential for the running of the vehicle.

I'm thinking that because they're not covered I can remove them.

There are a few traps for who can drive the vehicle. Be careful. Letting Paul have a drive may mean you are uninsured depending on the details in your schedule. Unless the schedule says it is covered for any authorised (by you) driver (mine does), then only drivers listed on the schedule are covered except in servicing, valet parking or emergency.

There are many good features of the policy too like loss of keys, glass, emergency accommodation, hire vehicle during repair, genuine parts for repairs, etc.

'm just saying read the fine print if you can be bothered. It takes effort and is a bit hard to follow.

For our older cars all non factory modifications to panels, engine, steering, suspension, gbox, exhaust must be approved by Prestigio. Assuming then you need approval to add a duck tail, front splitter, cup bypass etc. If you don't do this technically it looks like you are not insured.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Back to tow vehicles feedback for you John as I've been thinking more about it. As I did a lot of research on SUVs and try outs before selecting my 2003 Cayenne S 7 years ago. All my opinion of course Commodore v6. Did 80k in this. Good towing for 2 tonne boat. Poor traction. Slushy to drive. Commodore berlina v8. Plenty of torque for towing. Terrible match to the auto box. Lots of wheelspin, ie poor traction. I then decided for towing it is good to have 4wd. Reviewed, test drive and considered he following Toyota land cruiser. Best residuals. Cheap to maintain. Reliable. Slushy to drive (like a truck). Crap interior finish. Boring to own Taureq. Neighbour has done 200km in the v10 diesel. Pretty good. Belingy interior X5 slushy to drive. Poor boot space. Nice looker. Great engines Ml3xx. Pretty good. Same neighbour put 200k on one of these. Required a 7k gbox rebuild Ml5xx loved these. Poor boot space. Tossed up now one vs 2yo cayenne s Cayenne S v8 gen1. Ive documented my exoerience. Pleasure to drive, porsche handling. Minimalist quality interior. Biggest boot space. 3.5ton towing capacity so well capable towing 2t without being pushed around. Doing it again I'd take the pleasure owning the Cayenne S. Talk to service experts for a final opinion on typical service issues. I've had a great run.
Thanks for sharing the research and actual experience Doug.

One of my scheduled reviews isn't going ahead so I'm now off work until 19/1 and am going to use the time to sort the house, garage, cars etc and make a plan.

Having just sold a 13 year old car with 168,000km and swearing to myself that I would buy new and lower mileage I found myself back in the bargain basement again. I need to work out the objective and sell/buy accordingly e.g. buying another 911 means Herman has to go. If I can't do that, then Herman stays.

The ideal is 3 cars. One commuter for Donna (GTI), one sports car I can use for track and DD (Herman or GT3) and one utility vehicle (towing and long distance family/race trips).

I don't like shopping but I figure I need to get out there with the dealers and try a few. Donna needs to drive them as well. The Golf was an eye opener for functionality. I'm sure we will click with s type, then I'll come back and get some advice.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

A case in point http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=821376310
Old 12-19-2014, 03:31 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
...they're attached to Hyundai's.
nice one Jason..
My upmarket leather seated (heated) 7 seater doing 750km/tank is indeed a Hyndai after all
Going Nth for a wedding today..will take the Lexus300H Sport my lady drives..uber comfy and goes bloody well
Old 12-19-2014, 04:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Haha. Glad I've met most of you on this forum so I can take the comments in context.

Best comment of the year belongs to Paul IMHO when he suggested how he would spend the equivalent value of a Carrera GT on a F40 and Matt said he had one of those as well. 'Owned' as the kids would say.

For those that lurk and have never met the core posters I can say that the comments here are often in jest. The fact that 15 of us can peacefully co-own a Honda Integra says a lot, as does the passing of cars around at events, sharing two houses in Queenstown. In fact I can see a year round up photo posting is a good way to start up the holidays. Where are those favourite pics? Shameless self promotion ok.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:06 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

The defining trip of the year, the South Island Track Tour. Two 964s made it the length of the country.
Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2014, 04:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

SITT Dawn Breaker at the Crown Range
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?