Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:05 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Playday calendar out. Looks like 13 December is the last chance to take BB out this year, apart from Twilight sessions. We will likely take the race cars out as we have our first full 2k cup races on 14 December.
No earlier dates?

The race car is going in to Motorsport Services to have the cage done and will be ready at the end of the month, so keen to get some more set up time in before the PCNZ round at Puke.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:26 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, just passed my exam and should be national race licensed well in time for next Saturday. Hopefully bodes well too for those doing theirs on the 19th with Terry (good luck all). The fun begins
Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
No earlier dates? The race car is going in to Motorsport Services to have the cage done and will be ready at the end of the month, so keen to get some more set up time in before the PCNZ round at Puke.
BELOW ARE ALL OUR EVENTS TO CHRISTMAS INCLUDING CARS AT MANFEILD & BIKES & CARS AT TAUPO & HAMPTON DOWNS

View this email in your browser

Facebook

Twitter

Website
HAMPTON DOWNS

CARS

SUNDAY 12 OCTOBER AFTERNOON
On Track from 3.00pm to 7.00pm SOLD OUT

SATURDAY 18 OCTOBER $135

WEDNESDAY 29 OCTOBER TWILIGHT $75
On Track from 4.30pm to 7.30pm, limited to
3 Groups

FRIDAY 31 OCTOBER
Race Car OnlyTest Day
$135

SATURDAY 8 NOVEMBER $135

FRIDAY 14 NOVEMBER TWILIGHT
Club Lotus event, enter through Club Lotus Website

SATURDAY 15 NOVEMBER TWILIGHT
BMW Club Enter through the BMW Club Website

SATURDAY 22 NOVEMBER NIZFEST
Open to all Nissans & Datsuns or Nissan/Datsun powered vehicles

Trackday entry $135
Gymkhana on the Skid Pan $60
Helmets are required to participate on the skid pan.
Spectator entry $10 per person on the gate. Kids under twelve years old are free.
Show and shine: There is no charge to enter the Show and Shine! You simply need to pay the general entry fee through the gate. Once inside you can park in the designated Show and Shine area.

TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER TWILIGHT $75
On Track from 4.30pm to 7.30pm, limited to
3 Groups

SATURDAY 13 DECEMBER $135

PRESTIGE

SATURDAY 18 OCTOBER $240

Road cars only, slicks are not allowed. Qualifies for Track day cover if you are insured with Prestigio but remember to confirm with them prior to the event. Maximum 10 cars.

TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER TWILIGHT $125

Road cars only, slicks are not allowed. Qualifies for Track day cover if you are insured with Prestigio but remember to confirm with them prior to the event. Maximum 10 cars.
BIKES

When entering let us know which group you wish to be in.

Expert - For the Racer or sport rider very experienced on the track

Medium - Sports Bikes & Motards

Novice - For riders new to the Track or those not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs on the straights

SUNDAY 12 OCTOBER AFTERNOON
MEDIUM/FAST & MEDIUM/SLOW GROUPS $90
On Track from 3.00pm to 7.00pm

MONDAY 27 OCTOBER (LABOUR DAY) $150
Groups for Fast, Medium & Novice

SATURDAY 15 NOVEMBER HONDA DAY WITH FREE INSTRUCTION FROM AARON SLIGHT

Hondas $120
All other makes $165
This is a day we are running for Blue Wing Honda so Hondas get a subsidised entry.

SATURDAY 29 NOVEMBER $150
Groups for Fast, & Medium & Novice

THURSDAY 11 DECEMBER TWILIGHT
Groups for Fast Medium & Novice
Hondas $60
All other makes $90
This is a Twilight we are running for Blue Wing Honda so Hondas get a subsidised entry.

SATURDAY 20 DECEMBER $150
Groups for Fast, & Medium & Novice

TAUPO (BIKES & CARS IN OCTOBER), MANFEILD, & THE SOUTH ISLAND TRACKS BELOW.

TAUPO

CARS

LABOUR DAY MONDAY 27 OCTOBER TRACK 2

Prestige Group $200
Normal Groups $125

PRESTIGE GROUP REQUIREMENTS
Driver Trainer Available.

BIKES

FRIDAY 17 OCTOBER HONDA DAY WITH FREE INSTRUCTION FROM AARON SLIGHT

HONDAS $120
OTHER BIKES $165
We are running this day for Blue Wing Honda so Hondas get a subsidised entry, all makes
welcome

MANFEILD CARS ONLY

SATURDAY 22 NOVEMBER $110
Normal Groups

Prestige Group $200

Driver Trainer Available, cost $40 per session

SOUTHERN TRACK TOUR

Join us for a Road Trip down the West Coast via the Glaciers, Haast, Milford Sound, Wanaka, & across to Invercargill then do:
TERETONGA FRIDAY 13 MARCH
HIGHLANDS MONDAY 16 MARCH
LEVELS WEDNESDAY 18 MARCH
RUAPUNA THURSDAY 19 MARCH

Prestige Group: $1500
Normal Car Group $900
Email us for more details. playday@playdayontrack.co.nz

GENERAL INFORMATION

RULES FOR OPEN CARS
All open cars (i.e. soft top convertibles) must have roll protection, either factory fitted such as: Boxter, S2000, Z3, Z4, 350z, 370z & Elise etc. or suitable aftermarket roll protection if it is not Factory fitted.

HOW TO ENTER AN EVENT
Pay by direct credit to PLAYDAY, 03 0698 0485598-00 giving your name as the reference or if you don’t have internet banking deposit the money at any Westpac and use your cell ph number as the reference. Please drop us a quick email once you have made the payment just to ensure we have matched the payment correctly. playday@playdayontrack.co.nz
We will e mail you as soon as your payment appears in our account, to confirm your place at the event.

Please DO NOT phone or text the confirmation of your payment.

About 1 week before the event we will send an email to everybody who has paid, with further details of the day.

RACE OVERALLS
Vortex Racewear have a range of race suits starting with a 100% Cotton Sprint Suit for $185 (our pick for Track days) & various other SFI rated options.
They will also make a suit to your design.
If you are in the market for an affordable suit or a one off designer suit with your personal touch check out their website www.vortexracewear.com

We will have a range of the Sprint Suits for sale at Playday events from now on but please let us know a week or so in advance if you are interested so we have enough suits on hand.

WEBSITE
More information about our track days including how they run, what to wear, rules for passengers, etc is to be found on our website www.playdayontrack.co.nz
Copyright © 2013.
All rights reserved.

This email was sent to 93trbo@gmail.com
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Playday On Track Ltd · 43 Kurupae Road, Taupo, New Zealand · Taupo, Waikato 3330 · New Zealand
Old 10-09-2014, 05:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

No earlier dates? The race car is going in to Motorsport Services to have the cage done and will be ready at the end of the month, so keen to get some more set up time in before the PCNZ round at Puke.
I find this is the best page to understand dates http://www.hdticketing.co.nz
Old 10-09-2014, 05:48 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Hey guys, just passed my exam and should be national race licensed well in time for next Saturday. Hopefully bodes well too for those doing theirs on the 19th with Terry (good luck all). The fun begins
Great Walter. I just updated the Rennsport page.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:40 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

haha Macca I think that I will be crap too. never mind just means the attention span may be a bit short
Old 10-09-2014, 06:48 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

No earlier dates?

The race car is going in to Motorsport Services to have the cage done and will be ready at the end of the month, so keen to get some more set up time in before the PCNZ round at Puke.
Sean - there are regular race car test days at Puke. I'll be keen to do some of those as well. 1 & 14 Nov plus a few dates in Dec
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Macca, I could be keen for the Jan date but can't commit fully at this point.

Advice pse learned friends: Hypothetically, if you were to put KWV3s on your 964, would you go for mono ball top mounts too or stick with the factory ones (noting primary use is road and only occasional track). I have heard the ride can be a bit hard for day to day if you go for KW or similar top mounts (though I would have thought soft setting would compensate a bit). Also, if you did go the top mount change, would you go for adjustable top mounts or fixed?
I know Sam went with not changing top mounts, and Lola I think has Rennline top mounts??. Any thoughts from 964/993 owners who have made a suspension upgrade?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:42 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Walter, National race license, great. It's the start of a slippery slide - have fun
Old 10-09-2014, 04:49 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Sean - there are regular race car test days at Puke. I'll be keen to do some of those as well. 1 & 14 Nov plus a few dates in Dec
Was actually meaning RSG dates, but that's ok.

On the testing at Puke... The 1st will be too early for me, but I'd be keen to do the 14th as I haven't driven a P car around there yet, nor have I done the revised track.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Macca, I could be keen for the Jan date but can't commit fully at this point. Advice pse learned friends: Hypothetically, if you were to put KWV3s on your 964, would you go for mono ball top mounts too or stick with the factory ones (noting primary use is road and only occasional track). I have heard the ride can be a bit hard for day to day if you go for KW or similar top mounts (though I would have thought soft setting would compensate a bit). Also, if you did go the top mount change, would you go for adjustable top mounts or fixed? I know Sam went with not changing top mounts, and Lola I think has Rennline top mounts??. Any thoughts from 964/993 owners who have made a suspension upgrade?
Jason, I recall Graham never liked the harsh suspension on his Turbo 3.6. Unless you are going to go for it at the track I would take the OEM option. Nigel Kay is driving his 3.3 nicely at RSG days and I suspect his car is relatively standard. Any future buyer would likely consider track based mods as a negative on a 964 Turbo. Another thing to think about.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:54 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Was actually meaning RSG dates, but that's ok. On the testing at Puke... The 1st will be too early for me, but I'd be keen to do the 14th as I haven't driven a P car around there yet, nor have I done the revised track.
We seem to get a mid Dec date each year. You might be lucky and get a November one but we would have to be quick for that given the calendar is already out.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Macca, I could be keen for the Jan date but can't commit fully at this point.

Advice pse learned friends: Hypothetically, if you were to put KWV3s on your 964, would you go for mono ball top mounts too or stick with the factory ones (noting primary use is road and only occasional track). I have heard the ride can be a bit hard for day to day if you go for KW or similar top mounts (though I would have thought soft setting would compensate a bit). Also, if you did go the top mount change, would you go for adjustable top mounts or fixed?
I know Sam went with not changing top mounts, and Lola I think has Rennline top mounts??. Any thoughts from 964/993 owners who have made a suspension upgrade?
Jason. No problem. Looks like it may be popular as I dont believe there will be another Playdays till beginning of Feb. Ill put you down as a maybe and perhaps you could let us know when you are able.

Contrary to popular believe coilovers will make your car feel far more settled and controlled on the road. They have much better control of compression and rebound. Im pretty sure, Paul Miller and Matt will back me up on their experiences with these on the 964/993 platforms. Like many we were all concerned it may make the car "more crashy" but infact the reverse is true of course if you read the threads. The control becomes much better and its really noticeable on NZ road (especially B roads) as being surprisingly more compliant but better settled and controlled than the stock suspension.

As per my advice earlier to Paul on this subject do it all in one go and you wont regret it. Rennline monoballs and front camber plates. Its not that much more and it gives you full adjust-ability and future proofness. Matt did it this way and Dave nor Doug have ever complained. The cost adds up in labour and geo if you need to remove struts to do this at a later time. Having easily adjustable camber for front struts is handy at the track and its cut down my geo costs remarkably ($75 for new front geo as the job now takes Peter more time to set the gear up than slide the top mounts!).

In terms of comfort and will you notice monoball top mounts making the ride noticeably harder? I didnt. Im not sure if Matt did. Thing is you are making alot of changes at once so it may get hidden from all the other stuff going one. I quite honestly didnt notice any direct improvement with the monoballs on the road. Overall however the car is transformed on the track. Im a very inexperienced track driver but was keeping up with much higher HP vehicles on the SITT which is where my monoballs/camber plates and spherical lower Kini arms were first put to the test. I'm still noticeably faster in the 993 through infield corners than the GT3 (at least at Mansfield and HD)!

I dont think you will regret any of this. Modern coilovers are a long way from the original dampers fitted to teh relics when they were new and for a 3.3T I cant see any reason it would have a detrimental affect on value - most of us would prefer a KWV3 equipped car than one wearing 25 year old struts (this may not be true of teh collectors market cars like the 3.6T however).

Thats my 2c. Im sure Paul, Matt and others with coilovers on the old gear can chip in.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:35 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Looking at extinguisher mounts, considering one of these:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251605799998
Anything else I should look at?
Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

only thing I would say is use 2 circular clips to fasten not 1. I have had one unclip before. Maybe a passenger/co driver brushing it getting into or out of the car and sometimes you don't notice. Last thing you want is a heavy canister coming loose

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?