Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:13 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting reading ... Tesla is stealing away some customers, admits Porsche CEO https://electrek.co/2017/11/30/tesla...s-porsche-ceo/

Volkswagen has openly said before that they see Tesla has their main competitor in the transition to electric vehicles and now a Porsche executive adds that they respect the company, especially since they are apparently stealing some customers away. There’s no doubt that the Model S disrupted the large luxury sedan segment. In the US, it often outsells the Mercedes S-Class, Porsche’s Panamera, and the BMW 6/7 Series combined. several vehicles in the segment have seen their sales drop since Tesla entered the market. When asked about Tesla’s impact, Porsche North America CEO Klaus Zellmer told CNBC in an interview this week:

“We have lots of respect for Tesla – and, yes, I’m sure there are some Porsche customers, that in terms of connectivity, digital stuff in the car and electric battery in the vehicles, didn’t find the car that they wanted with Porsche so they bought somewhere else,” That’s not surprising since the only electric vehicles that Porsche currently offers are plug-in hybrids with very limited electric range. But they are changing that with the upcoming all-electric Mission E, which is expected to hit the market in 2019.

Last edited by FlatSix911; 12-05-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:45 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTZ22
His letter is different. Seems like his car is stuck on the production line waiting for parts
My SA let me know that my car was just completed yesterday, so it sounds like it got through. Now onto EPA approval and the Tax Credit issue...
Old 12-01-2017, 03:50 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KW411
Hi PorscheCFP, I am also from Vancouver, BC and it is too far for me to go to the Langley dealership (i was told the service there is better). There is nothing I can do if there is no allocation but I wish my sales would update me periodically on the status rather than me chasing him all the time.
HI KW411,

Thats good your a local Vancouver resident. I live in West Vancouver so the Porsche Vancouver Dealership is closer but I went to Langley Porsche becuase the service was alot better. The Vancouver dealership sales people are really arrogant and just like you said.. you have to chase after them! The whole attitude is terrible. I know Langley is a further but for me I rather drive further to get the right service and care.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:02 AM
KW411
Advanced

Hi Porsche CFP,

I can never get a prompt response from my sales. I have to call/write a number of times or even escalate it before I can get a response. And this is very consistent to all my friends who have dealt with the Porsche Vancouver dealership. I wish I had gone to the Langley dealership.........
Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi Porsche CFP,

I can never get a prompt response from my sales. I have to call/write a number of times or even escalate it before I can get a response. And this is very consistent to all my friends who have dealt with the Porsche Vancouver dealership. I wish I had gone to the Langley dealership.........
Hi KW411,
I am not surprised to hear that because I actually put in an order last year October 2016 for a 2017 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive at Porsche Vancouver but I had exactly the same problem. The sales team there all think they are better than the customers, act so rude and unprofessional. I change a salesperson there and the second one still acted the same way as the first person so I withdraw my deposit and went to Langley Dealership. Shortly after I withdrew from the Vancouver dealership then they started pretending to be a nice and caring.. so fake. If I drop $200,000 cash to buy a Porsche.. I expect amazing customer service!
Old 12-04-2017, 04:01 AM
KW411
Advanced

Hi PorscheCFP,

Can you actually get the refund of the deposit? I was under the impression from the sales that this is non-refundable. I will seriously consider to withdraw my placement/deposit if I can do that. If we all have issues during the sales cycle, then I don't think the after sales will get any better.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:27 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi Porsche CFP,

Hi PorscheCFP,

Can you actually get the refund of the deposit? I was under the impression from the sales that this is non-refundable. I will seriously consider to withdraw my placement/deposit if I can do that. If we all have issues during the sales cycle, then I don't think the after sales will get any better.
Hi KW411,
Have your order been locked in and Porsche Germany is already making your car then No, however it is not locked in...then you can withdraw from it. They want to pressure you or make it seem like it is non-refundable but just insist on it and talk to general manager if sleezy sales person wont. I worked for me. I got my $10,000 deposit out twice since I dealt with 2 sales person there..the second time I just said I am leaving the country..moving away.. so they just refunded me. Let me know if you do get your deposit and if you need a introduction to a quality professional in Langley.. let me know.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:39 AM
KW411
Advanced

Hi PorscheCFP

No, I don't think mine allocation has locked as my sales never asked me to confirm my specs. I will give him couple more weeks and see how it goes.
I also placed $10K deposit.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:46 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi PorscheCFP

No, I don't think mine allocation has locked as my sales never asked me to confirm my specs. I will give him couple more weeks and see how it goes.
I also placed $10K deposit.
Hi KW411,

If that is the case, I'd take the money and run! You said the service was bad and wonder what it be like after you get your car.... it be worst! But yea just know your option!
Old 12-05-2017, 03:14 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Current US sales numbers for plug-in EVs https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

Old 12-05-2017, 04:50 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
Current US sales numbers for plug-in EVs https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

that's the old version of the Panamera though, right? that's not been available new in 2017 so those sales were probably just old discontinued stock. i'd be interested to see the number of sales of the new Panamera 4 e-hybrid.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:10 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by thorfun
that's the old version of the Panamera though, right? that's not been available new in 2017 so those sales were probably just old discontinued stock. i'd be interested to see the number of sales of the new Panamera 4 e-hybrid.
I'd be interested as well since the current number is ZERO!! Nobody has yet taken title to a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and they are sitting in the ports awaiting the Porsche/EPA and CARB to get off their asses and get something done!!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Can anybody tell me where I can use a 7.2 on board loader? I do not have this in my configuration..
Old 12-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be in the "E-Mobility" tab

Old 12-06-2017, 05:37 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I'd be interested as well since the current number is ZERO!! Nobody has yet taken title to a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and they are sitting in the ports awaiting the Porsche/EPA and CARB to get off their asses and get something done!!
fair point! and sorry to rub salt in the wound.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread