Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:18 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a lot of researching, including reading this great thread, I changed my order for a Panamera 4 to a Panamera e-hybrid today. Don't have a delivery date yet, but here are the specs:

- Agate Grey Metallic
- Leather Interior in Black
- Premium Package
- Deletion of Model Designation
- LED-Headlights incl. PDLS
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
- "PORSCHE" Logo in Black
- Power Steering Plus
- Brake Calipers in Black
- Sport Tailpipes in Black
- 21" SportDesign Wheels Painted in Satin Platinum
- Ambient Lighting
- Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Storage Package
- Retractable Luggage Compartment Cover
- Steering Wheel Heating
- Voice Control
- 7.2 kW Onboard Charger

Quite excited for this car!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:31 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by theCayenne
After a lot of researching, including reading this great thread, I changed my order for a Panamera 4 to a Panamera e-hybrid today. Don't have a delivery date yet, but here are the specs:

- Agate Grey Metallic
- Leather Interior in Black
- Premium Package
- Deletion of Model Designation
- LED-Headlights incl. PDLS
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
- "PORSCHE" Logo in Black
- Power Steering Plus
- 21" SportDesign Wheels Painted in Satin Platinum
- Ambient Lighting
- Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Storage Package
- Retractable Luggage Compartment Cover
- Steering Wheel Heating
- Voice Control
- 7.2 kW Onboard Charger

Quite excited for this car!
Smart decision!! Assuming you are in the United States, Porsche charges a $10,000 premium for the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid over the Panamera 4, but the IRS has approved a $6670 tax credit for this car, so you are really only paying $3330 for a substantial increase in horsepower and better fuel economy!! Also most likely by the time your car arrives it will have already been approved by EPA and CARB so it won't wind up sitting in the port forever!!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:43 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Smart decision!! Assuming you are in the United States, Porsche charges a $10,000 premium for the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid over the Panamera 4, but the IRS has approved a $6670 tax credit for this car, so you are really only paying $3330 for a substantial increase in horsepower and better fuel economy!! Also most likely by the time your car arrives it will have already been approved by EPA and CARB so it won't wind up sitting in the port forever!!
I'm definitely happy about my decision! I am in the US (in the SF bay area). My guess is that I probably won't see the car until late spring/summer given that Porsche seems to have a bit of a backlog.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:44 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I'm not sure there is that much of a backlog. They have been producing them and shipping them but they can't be released from the port yet due to delays in EPA and CARB certification. Not sure who is the culprit but I'm hearing the EPA is dragging their feet due to VW Dieselgate and general government bureaucracy. PCNA doesn't have any good answers but keeps on thanking me for being patient!! I'm also in the SF Bay area (South Bay). The waiting is the hard part but if you have submitted your order and your dealer has identified a build slot, you should be in good shape. Don't know if you are aware, but the LA Delivery Experience is now available on the Configurator so that is something you might want to do.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:50 AM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I'm not sure there is that much of a backlog. They have been producing them and shipping them but they can't be released from the port yet due to delays in EPA and CARB certification. Not sure who is the culprit but I'm hearing the EPA is dragging their feet due to VW Dieselgate and general government bureaucracy. PCNA doesn't have any good answers but keeps on thanking me for being patient!! I'm also in the SF Bay area (South Bay). The waiting is the hard part but if you have submitted your order and your dealer has identified a build slot, you should be in good shape. Don't know if you are aware, but the LA Delivery Experience is now available on the Configurator so that is something you might want to do.
I'm also in the South Bay (peninsula). My rep echoed what you said regarding the EPA dragging their feet due to VW Dieselgate and general government bureaucracy. He also mentioned that customers have vehicles waiting at the port of entry due to the aforementioned. I updated my order to the e-hybrid yesterday and was told that I should know more about a delivery early in December (some of this due to my rep being out of the country and perhaps the dealership is waiting for December allocation?). I'm actually not in too much of a hurry as I'm currently driving a '16 Cayenne GTS which I quite like, so if it takes a few months I'm alright with it.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

What will be interesting is if the Trump tax package goes through with the hybrid tax credit removed after 2017. Tesla’s stock got beat up the day they announced for that reason. If it goes through, I wonder for those that have Jan/Feb delivery dates if Porsche will let us take “delivery” before the end of 2017 to retain the tax credit, as it’s significant.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:01 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by hueydumps
What will be interesting is if the Trump tax package goes through with the hybrid tax credit removed after 2017. Tesla’s stock got beat up the day they announced for that reason. If it goes through, I wonder for those that have Jan/Feb delivery dates if Porsche will let us take “delivery” before the end of 2017 to retain the tax credit, as it’s significant.
Well, that would be the final nail in the coffin!! I'm hoping I will get my car this year but if I loose the $6700 tax credit I may just let it go!!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:12 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmm. I wonder if the real reason the E-hybrids are being held in port is money. I wonder if the federal government is expecting (or at least hoping) to remove the tax credit for 2018 and they don't want to pay the credit. It would not be surprising to me if there are some folks in positions of control who don't want to see a credit go to "wealthy" people and their $100k+ Porsche. But that would be wrong so I'm sure that would never happen.

Congrats to all you who have a great car on order. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, tax credit or not.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Does anybody have pictures of the „Personalized Deep-Pile Floor Mats with Leather Edging“?
Old 11-19-2017, 09:38 AM
tp81
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Keen to see these as well. I have these ordered and would like an idea of the look of them. The std carpets are very thin so can only see these being an improvement.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:46 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just put in my order for an April build Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

- Chalk
- Leather Interior in Black/Saddle Brown
- Premium Package Plus
- Sport Design Package
- Air Outlet Grilled Painted
- 21" SportDesign Wheels Painted in Jet Black Metallic
- All-Season Tires
- Ambient Lighting incl. Interior Lighting Package for Rear Compartment
- Storage Package
- Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
- 120-volt Power Socket in Rear Luggage Compartment
- Dark Walnut Interior Package

Bummed about the brake calipers. The standard acid green only looks good on very few colors, of which Chalk is not one of them, so black is better. Talking to the dealer to see if they could do red at the factory. Anybody know? Praying that they get the Euro Delivery Program sorted and back running before they turn a screw on my new ride, but I'm not holding my breath :-(
Old 11-21-2017, 10:03 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Opinions, positive or critical are welcome. It'll be awhile before I have to lock it in so it's fun to chew on it for a few months.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:42 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf

Opinions, positive or critical are welcome. It'll be awhile before I have to lock it in so it's fun to chew on it for a few months.
Stunning!!
I agree that the acid green calipers only look good against a few colours and they're the darker colours and i think you've made the right choice there. Red would be nice though.

i really like the tinted tail lights if i was going for the light colour and black contrast.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:54 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outside looks stunning.

Personally I am not a fan of the wood on the interior but that's why there are personalisation options!!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:08 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Originally Posted by thorfun
i really like the tinted tail lights if i was going for the light colour and black contrast.
It's funny the options the buyer considers reasonable, overpriced but opt it anyways or overpriced and not worth it. For me, I went back and forth on the tinted taillights quite a bit but ultimately deemed it not worth it for what it was. Funny because $840 on a $132k car is a drop in the bucket, but such as it is...

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Personally I am not a fan of the wood on the interior but that's why there are personalisation options!!
I don't have wood on my 991.1 nor my Cayenne and for me it would look totally bad in those cars. Here though, in what amounts to a luxo-barge (a fast and great one but a luxo-barge nonetheless) I thought it was appropriate and it enhanced the brown/black interior. In 2 dozen or so purchases in my life, this one will be either the 2nd or the 3rd car that will have a wood trimmed interior, so I'm not a huge fan of it either. Hey, at least I didn't pick wood for the outside, right? haha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread