Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:14 AM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheCFP
Hi Everyone,

I am from Vancouver, Canada and I am already on the first allocation for 2019 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive and will get my car around September of 2018. Here are my option list build. All listed are in Canadian Dollars. I am happy to hear all feedbacks from all especially from existing Panny owners. The reason I am ordering 2019 model is due to one option which will only be available in 2019 model here in Canada which are the seat centers in deviated leather. Once I get my vehicle, I will get 22inch custom 3 piece black rims with color Porsche Crest , get my expert friend to paint the following in high gloss black. (1. Air Outlets,2. Door handles, exterior mirrors, and window trim).
Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive $118,600 Price for Equipment $38,750Dealer Charge $3,080Total Price $160,430 After Tax $184,495.
Standard for Executive for this model includes, Adaptive Air Suspension with PASM, Panoramic Roof System, Comfort Headrest (rear), power seats with Heating front and rear)

exterior Color: white, brake callipers: acid green.
1.Premium Package PLUS with massage seats (front) $10,260
(LED-Matrix w/ PDLS Plus, 4-zone climate control, ventilation (front &rear), Lane Change Assist, Soft Close Doors, Comfort Access, Power seats (14-way) w/ MemoryPac)
2. Burmester 3D High End Surround Sound System $8590
3. 2 tone full leather interior in Marsala/Cream $4930
4. Seat Centers in deviated Leather in Marsala $2100 (You guys made notice that 2 tone leather .. the seats are all 1 one color.. this option is the seat center ( the middle) are in different color.. so it looks amazing)
5. SportDesign Package $6460
6.Tinted LED taillights with adaptive brake lights $960
7. Power steering Plus $310
8. Sport tailpipes in black $1090
9. Ambient Lightning $570
10. Ionizer $390
11. Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) $3010
12. 7.2kW Onboard Charger $960
13. no cost items: storage package, cup holder (front), vehicle cables 25ft, supply cable for hardwire installation, voice control etc..)

ALL feed backs or suggestions are appreciated
When did you place your order? I made a deposit back in July for the Sport Turismo Hybrid and still hasn't heard anything from the dealership on when it will be built?
Old 11-29-2017, 03:17 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KW411
When did you place your order? I made a deposit back in July for the Sport Turismo Hybrid and still hasn't heard anything from the dealership on when it will be built?
My Porsche sales person said that I am on waiting list as 2019 allocations haven't started yet but he said expect 2018 spring time I will need to confirm my build orders before it is locked in. Are you ordering a 2018 or 2019 Model? I have to wait for 2019 model because I have a specialized build order only available in 2019 but I will get this car around late august of 2018 .
Old 11-29-2017, 03:24 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Is it easier to post a list of the options that you do NOT have?! Wow.
Hey AJ and Thorfun,

I actually have a dilemma. I can either choose the build order I listed earlier or I choose take off the premium package plus with massage seats and Burmester and change it to PCCB with 21inch wheels (They force me to select bigger wheels if I order PCCB) with Bose System. ALL other options remains the same.

I really like the bigger brake disc looks on PCCB and heard produce alot less brake dust and last like 100,000KM before need to change. NEED ALL YOUR OPINIONS !!

thank you
Old 11-29-2017, 04:21 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really enjoy the massage seats and if I had the cash, would have thrown it at the Burmester as the sound is incredible. I would always go for 21s BUT...PCCB - I really do not think it is worth it. 95% of your braking will be through the recuperation system anyway. I also think the interaction between the recuperation system and essentially a racing braking system, could be quite unsettling - might they stop you too quickly when the system shifts between recuperation and the PCCB?

Go with what makes a difference to you on a daily basis. I decided against the rear-wheel because the car has a much better circle than the X6 anyway, and went for the entertainment system to keep the little one entertained. Not the purists choice but ultimately more useful to me on a daily basis!

It's a fun dilemma to have!!

Alex
Old 11-29-2017, 04:33 AM
KW411
Advanced

My Porsche sales person said that I am on waiting list as 2019 allocations haven't started yet but he said expect 2018 spring time I will need to confirm my build orders before it is locked in. Are you ordering a 2018 or 2019 Model? I have to wait for 2019 model because I have a specialized build order only available in 2019 but I will get this car around late august of 2018 .
Mine will probably be the 2018 model as the sales person told me that mine should be built in Dec/Jan and to be delivered in March/April. The sales person further assured me that they will notify me before the order gets locked. But I still haven't heard from them - not sure if it already missed the Jan build allocation.............
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

I really enjoy the massage seats and if I had the cash, would have thrown it at the Burmester as the sound is incredible. I would always go for 21s BUT...PCCB - I really do not think it is worth it. 95% of your braking will be through the recuperation system anyway. I also think the interaction between the recuperation system and essentially a racing braking system, coul be quite unsettling - might they stop you too quickly when the system shifts between recuperation and the PCCB?

Go with what makes a difference to you on a daily basis. I decided against the rear-wheel because the car has a much better circle than the X6 anyway, and went for the entertainment system to keep the little one entertained. Not the purists choice but ultimately more useful to me on a daily basis!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Glad to have your feedback. Your right about not choosing PCCB and sticking with my original build as I had the same thinking as you about practicality. I got a little one as well and I never will track my car. 38,000 for options alone is crazy expensive.... here in canada that is a base Mercedes c class! But I’m thinking since this is my first Porsche and I am also paying cash for it... I thought to option it the way I like it so I don’t regret it later. Hope my wife don’t find out or I prolly get nag at it for years !
Old 11-29-2017, 07:37 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Your idea is good regarding asking for a new allocation, but I still need a car for the next few months it will take until the new allocation would arrive since I have to return the Cadillac soon. That is something I will give some thought to but as I said, if they take away the almost $7k tax credit I think I will probably walk anyway. Hopefully we will know the answer to that question in the next few weeks.
can't you get the dealer to loan you a car until yours is ready? even if it's not a Porsche maybe than can hire another manufacturer's car so that you have something to drive at least!
Old 11-29-2017, 07:38 AM
thorfun
Racer

I really enjoy the massage seats and if I had the cash, would have thrown it at the Burmester as the sound is incredible. I would always go for 21s BUT...PCCB - I really do not think it is worth it. 95% of your braking will be through the recuperation system anyway. I also think the interaction between the recuperation system and essentially a racing braking system, could be quite unsettling - might they stop you too quickly when the system shifts between recuperation and the PCCB?

Alex
couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by thorfun
can't you get the dealer to loan you a car until yours is ready?
That seems unlikely. Not only is the loan period quite long, they don't have 100% assurance that they'll actually see the sale at the end of the loan. It's not like when they have your car in for service, and they know they're going to be paid one way or another, either by Porsche under warranty terms or by you if it's out of warranty.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
That seems unlikely. Not only is the loan period quite long, they don't have 100% assurance that they'll actually see the sale at the end of the loan. It's not like when they have your car in for service, and they know they're going to be paid one way or another, either by Porsche under warranty terms or by you if it's out of warranty.
when my 4 e-hybrid was delayed my dealership offered me a rental for a couple of weeks until the Panamera showed up. It obviously isn't as long as this potential delay and they may not have done if the potential delay was longer but it was still a nice gesture. ended up with a BMW 3 series but only needed it for about 5 days in the end.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:50 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Mine will probably be the 2018 model as the sales person told me that mine should be built in Dec/Jan and to be delivered in March/April. The sales person further assured me that they will notify me before the order gets locked. But I still haven't heard from them - not sure if it already missed the Jan build allocation.............
Hi Kw411. I dont know about Porsche dealership in your country but in Canada the Panamera allocation waiting lists are long. in June of 2017 the allocation for 2018 first quarter are all filled. Maybe some other places you can go in much later and still get your car in march or april of next year.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Can any current e-hybrid owners shed light on whether the car can be set to start charging at a certain hour. For example, I would like to drive home and plug in the car, but not have charging start till the early morning hours when the electricity rates are lower
Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by theCayenne
Can any current e-hybrid owners shed light on whether the car can be set to start charging at a certain hour.
Yes. 2017 Panamera manual, p. 88.

Using the charging timer function

When the departure timer is active, the high-voltage battery is fully charged at a programmed departure time. The vehicle interior can also be precooled/heated.

In the vehicle, the current charge of the high-voltage battery is indicated by the battery charge condition display on the instrument cluster.

Programming and activating the departure timer
The departure timer is programmed and activated via the PCM.

Each departure timer can be set to start once (single timer) or at regular intervals (recurring timer). In addition, the interior temperature can be precooled/ heated by a selected time.

Departure time is in the future.
Vehicle plug inserted.
Precool/heat timer: low fuel not yet reached.

1. Hybrid Timer
2. Select the desire Departure Timer
3. Set the day or date and time of the desired departure time and set the entry to Activated
It's kind of clumsy for using off-peak charging, since you'll want to figure out when you want charging to end, and set the departure time for then.

You can do the same thing via the Porsche Car Connect app.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:00 PM
KW411
Advanced

Hi Kw411. I dont know about Porsche dealership in your country but in Canada the Panamera allocation waiting lists are long. in June of 2017 the allocation for 2018 first quarter are all filled. Maybe some other places you can go in much later and still get your car in march or april of next year.
Hi PorscheCFP, I am also from Vancouver, BC and it is too far for me to go to the Langley dealership (i was told the service there is better). There is nothing I can do if there is no allocation but I wish my sales would update me periodically on the status rather than me chasing him all the time.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:06 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting reading .... Tesla is stealing away some customers, admits Porsche CEO https://electrek.co/2017/11/30/tesla...s-porsche-ceo/

Volkswagen has openly said before that they see Tesla has their main competitor in the transition to electric vehicles and now a Porsche executive adds that they respect the company, especially since they are apparently stealing some customers away. There’s no doubt that the Model S disrupted the large luxury sedan segment. In the US, it often outsells the Mercedes S-Class, Porsche’s Panamera, and the BMW 6/7 Series combined. several vehicles in the segment have seen their sales drop since Tesla entered the market. When asked about Tesla’s impact, Porsche North America CEO Klaus Zellmer told CNBC in an interview this week:
“We have lots of respect for Tesla – and, yes, I’m sure there are some Porsche customers, that in terms of connectivity, digital stuff in the car and electric battery in the vehicles, didn’t find the car that they wanted with Porsche so they bought somewhere else,” That’s not surprising since the only electric vehicles that Porsche currently offers are plug-in hybrids with very limited electric range. But they are changing that with the upcoming all-electric Mission E, which is expected to hit the market in 2019.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread