Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:34 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,304 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by soCali
Just got an update from my sales adviser. I guess you guys are all correct about the CARB delays. None are supposed to be released until january now. He said he has one customer that is supposed to arrive in two weeks and is already on the boat over, but even that will have to sit in port until january as they await all the tests. Damn.

Wow!! That must be incredibly frustrating!!!
Old 08-25-2017, 10:15 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

short update on my first fresh experiences on the first 800 km ride back home across Austria:

general remarks:
- driving the car just feels amazing! I had a lot of new and modern cars over the last 10 years, just traded in the latest Q7 which was a really modern car as well! the new Panamera is just a different league: so far it seems to be the perfect combination of a sportscar (close to but not completely a 911) and a luxury sports sedan with the perfect mix of comort and sportiness.

- PID:
not sure how to judge it so far: on the one hand side it works quite fine, better then the ACC in the Q7 before. Nevertheless, I still would not trust it completly, especially as the lane-assist is not always keeping you perfectly on track in longer turns, so there is still room for improvement. Not sure how often I will really use it. But as ACC was a min. for me (especially due to the collission waring system, which only comes with this), I would go for the PID straight away.

- E-Drive
did start with a range of 41 KM which at the beginning looks reasonable, curious if it will ever come close to the specified 51 KM ;-)

- Sound of the Sports Exhaust:
hmmm, how shoud I say? Honestly, here I did expect a little bit more. although you can hear the difference between normal ans SE, even with the SE on you donīt here that much of a sporty sound. Compared to my Evora 400 I had last year, what Porsche is porducing here is nothing. I might be looking out for an after-market solution, so that I can have the sporty sound which I would like to have when I turn on the SE! Nevertheless, if I would need to decide based on my knowledge now, I would go again for the SE option, as sound and optic is still better then the standard exhaust.

just some first thoughts on the topics which I was wondering about before getting the car.

have a good ride and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

cheers, Hymo
Old 08-25-2017, 12:08 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
- E-Drive
did start with a range of 41 KM which at the beginning looks reasonable, curious if it will ever come close to the specified 51 KM ;-)
doubt it! my display says 23 miles at most after a full nights charge. but, then again, on my commute which i tend to do on electric only (unless i'm feeling especially sporty ) there are sections of dual-carriageway where i get up to (but obviously never beyond) 70mph. so i would never get the advertised 30 miles. doesn't really bother me though as i just charge it up at the train station while i'm at work and then it's ready for my commute home in the evening.
on the weekends i have a petrol engine for fun.

have a good ride and enjoy the upcoming weekend!
thanks hymo! long bank holiday weekend in the UK so I'll do my best to enjoy it. enjoy your car and may it bring a smile to your face every single day.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Counting the days... still two more months
Old 08-26-2017, 08:20 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

thanks guys, really enjoy the car every single moment now!

reg. range of the e-drive mode: currently made +/- 40 KM several times already - not disappointed about that, can image that it can get close to 45 KM, 51 KM seems to be rather theoretical.

one other thing which was a big positive surprise to me: the voice control works surprisingly well. Never was a big fan of Siri or other voice control functions so far, but using to enter target in the navigation system or starting a call works really really well. First time Iīm relying on that instead of searching manually like I always did before.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks guys, really enjoy the car every single moment now!

reg. range of the e-drive mode: currently made +/- 40 KM several times already - not disappointed about that, can image that it can get close to 45 KM, 51 KM seems to be rather theoretical.

one other thing which was a big positive surprise to me: the voice control works surprisingly well. Never was a big fan of Siri or other voice control functions so far, but using to enter target in the navigation system or starting a call works really really well. First time Iīm relying on that instead of searching manually like I always did before.
Beautiful ride Hymo!! Love the sport design package. Let us know your additional thoughts on the exhaust!

Congrats again!
Old 08-29-2017, 03:57 PM
hymo1200
Advanced

some more pictures after applying some ceramic coating (Gtechniq EXO V3 and Gtechniq C1 Crystal Laquer) - looks stunning, first time I did do such a coating - curious how long it will last and how big the effect really is when cleaning the car later again... ;-)
Attached Images           
Old 08-31-2017, 05:00 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

guys, now I would need help from you for the first time:

unfortunately, the tank cap for the electronic-charging plug doesnīt open anymore ;-(( did also try to open it via the emergency cable you can access from the inner side of the trunk, but even pulling it quite strong it doesnīt work ;-((

any idea what the problem could be or how to fix it? maybe somebody of you did have a similiar problem and can help?

thanks, hymo
Old 08-31-2017, 08:53 AM
thorfun
Racer

some more pictures after applying some ceramic coating (Gtechniq EXO V3 and Gtechniq C1 Crystal Laquer) - looks stunning, first time I did do such a coating - curious how long it will last and how big the effect really is when cleaning the car later again... ;-)
stunning! how did you find the application of the Gtech stuff? was it easy? any issues you encountered that would help if i were to give it a go myself?
Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 AM
thorfun
Racer

guys, now I would need help from you for the first time:

unfortunately, the tank cap for the electronic-charging plug doesnīt open anymore ;-(( did also try to open it via the emergency cable you can access from the inner side of the trunk, but even pulling it quite strong it doesnīt work ;-((

any idea what the problem could be or how to fix it? maybe somebody of you did have a similiar problem and can help?

thanks, hymo
my electric-charging panel doesn't always close or open on the first attempt (although sometimes it does!) but it does so eventually. i've not actually ever had it not open and i use it pretty much every day to charge up overnight.

i would suggest a trip to the dealership. from your initial pickup posting i'm guessing it's a long trip though but at least you'll have a fun drive there.

maybe give the dealership a call first as they may know of an issue/fix to save you that long and lovely drive.

let us know how you get on.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

so, some news:

reg. Gtechniq: I didnīt apply it on my own, as after reading about the process I wanted it to be done by a professional. the guy who made it said, the EVO V3 coating was easy to apply, only the product for the glass was a bit burdensome - but there is a description send together with the product, which didnīt look that complicated, so maybe next time Iīll try it on my own.

reg. the e-tank panel: I was at a Porsche Service close to my office already today: problem identified in a quick-fix: the small electronic motor/tool did have a defect - they built it out and did order a new one, which means that for the time-being the panel can be opened at least manully and canīt be looked until the new motor will be built in.

not too much fun all in all and a little bit disappointed to have such a (even minor) defect on a new car, but ok, at least it was fixed fast although I need to visit the dealer for a second time when the new part will be available to fix it finally
Old 08-31-2017, 11:52 AM
thorfun
Racer

so, some news:

reg. Gtechniq: I didnīt apply it on my own, as after reading about the process I wanted it to be done by a professional. the guy who made it said, the EVO V3 coating was easy to apply, only the product for the glass was a bit burdensome - but there is a description send together with the product, which didnīt look that complicated, so maybe next time Iīll try it on my own.

reg. the e-tank panel: I was at a Porsche Service close to my office already today: problem identified in a quick-fix: the small electronic motor/tool did have a defect - they built it out and did order a new one, which means that for the time-being the panel can be opened at least manully and canīt be looked until the new motor will be built in.

not too much fun all in all and a little bit disappointed to have such a (even minor) defect on a new car, but ok, at least it was fixed fast although I need to visit the dealer for a second time when the new part will be available to fix it finally

i've read that the Gtech stuff should be applied by trained professionals but wonder how much of that is job protection.

i understand your frustration about the issue you've had but sounds like they've sorted it out quickly and hopefully that'll be it for now and once it's fixed you can just enjoy the car.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for the bad luck hymo! Hopefully last thing to do for it for a while. Looks amazing!! Whats the interior on yours? How are you liking the exhaust? Hope you're enjoying! Cant wait for mine!
Old 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default GTechniq vs Cilajet

so, some news:

Over here in the US GTechniq is guaranteed to last for seven years. There are other products similar (Opticoat Pro and Cilajet). Trying to decide if I want to do this when I get my car but not sure which one to choose. They all have pretty good reviews and I can get a really good deal through my son on Cilajet so not sure what I'm going to do.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

One other thing; from what I've read, they strongly recommend using a professional detailer to do the installation of these coatings because if it is not applied perfectly, it is extremely difficult to remove. Actually have to use a very fine grit sandpaper to get it off once it fully hardens!!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread