Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

The Porsche Family Truckster.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:25 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I am from Vancouver, Canada and I am already on the first allocation for 2019 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive and will get my car around September of 2018. Here are my option list build. All listed are in Canadian Dollars. I am happy to hear all feedbacks from all especially from existing Panny owners. The reason I am ordering 2019 model is due to one option which will only be available in 2019 model here in Canada which are the seat centers in deviated leather. Once I get my vehicle, I will get 22inch custom 3 piece black rims with color Porsche Crest , get my expert friend to paint the following in high gloss black. (1. Air Outlets,2. Door handles, exterior mirrors, and window trim).
Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive $118,600 Price for Equipment $38,750Dealer Charge $3,080Total Price $160,430 After Tax $184,495.
Standard for Executive for this model includes, Adaptive Air Suspension with PASM, Panoramic Roof System, Comfort Headrest (rear), power seats with Heating front and rear)

exterior Color: white, brake callipers: acid green.
1.Premium Package PLUS with massage seats (front) $10,260
(LED-Matrix w/ PDLS Plus, 4-zone climate control, ventilation (front &rear), Lane Change Assist, Soft Close Doors, Comfort Access, Power seats (14-way) w/ MemoryPac)
2. Burmester 3D High End Surround Sound System $8590
3. 2 tone full leather interior in Marsala/Cream $4930
4. Seat Centers in deviated Leather in Marsala $2100 (You guys made notice that 2 tone leather .. the seats are all 1 one color.. this option is the seat center ( the middle) are in different color.. so it looks amazing)
5. SportDesign Package $6460
6.Tinted LED taillights with adaptive brake lights $960
7. Power steering Plus $310
8. Sport tailpipes in black $1090
9. Ambient Lightning $570
10. Ionizer $390
11. Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment (PRSE) $3010
12. 7.2kW Onboard Charger $960
13. no cost items: storage package, cup holder (front), vehicle cables 25ft, supply cable for hardwire installation, voice control etc..)

ALL feed backs or suggestions are appreciated
Old 11-27-2017, 10:25 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it easier to post a list of the options that you do NOT have?! Wow.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Is it easier to post a list of the options that you do NOT have?! Wow.
ha ha....I agree! that is one highly specced car. very nice indeed.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:04 PM
corrigb
5th Gear

Just received an e-mail from Porsche to notify of an additional 8-10 week delay with my car; ordered in April of 2017. Said there was an interruption with a supplier. Offered an additional 2 years of maintenance for my 'patience.' Anyone know of the reason ... maybe batteries? Here is the text of the letter:I am writing to inform you about an unanticipated change in the estimated delivery date of your new 2018 Porsche Panamera.

Due to a production interruption at the facility of one of our component suppliers, the delivery of your vehicle will occur later than originally planned. While the exact length of the delay is uncertain, we currently estimate up to 8 to 10 weeks later than you anticipated. I encourage you to stay in close contact with your Sales Executive from your Porsche dealer who can address any questions you may have, and will inform you as soon as your vehicle is ready for delivery.

I very much regret that you will not be enjoying your new Porsche as soon as you had hoped. As a symbol of my sincere appreciation for your patience and understanding, I will apply an additional two years of the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan to your vehicle. In addition to the first year, which is already included with your new 2018 Porsche Panamera, this plan covers your second and third regularly scheduled maintenance visits, as specified in your vehicle’s published maintenance booklet. Please consult that booklet for a complete list of operations performed and required service intervals for your specific vehicle.

We also offer Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plans for further extended durations. If you would like to purchase (or already have selected) a Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan longer than three years, your dealer will ensure you are only charged the difference.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Porsche brand and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,Simon KuhnimhofVice President,
Customer Relations
Old 11-27-2017, 10:22 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by corrigb
Just received an e-mail from Porsche to notify of an additional 8-10 week delay with my car; ordered in April of 2017. Said there was an interruption with a supplier. Offered an additional 2 years of maintenance for my 'patience.' Anyone know of the reason ... maybe batteries? Here is the text of the letter:I am writing to inform you about an unanticipated change in the estimated delivery date of your new 2018 Porsche Panamera.

Due to a production interruption at the facility of one of our component suppliers, the delivery of your vehicle will occur later than originally planned. While the exact length of the delay is uncertain, we currently estimate up to 8 to 10 weeks later than you anticipated. I encourage you to stay in close contact with your Sales Executive from your Porsche dealer who can address any questions you may have, and will inform you as soon as your vehicle is ready for delivery.

I very much regret that you will not be enjoying your new Porsche as soon as you had hoped. As a symbol of my sincere appreciation for your patience and understanding, I will apply an additional two years of the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan to your vehicle. In addition to the first year, which is already included with your new 2018 Porsche Panamera, this plan covers your second and third regularly scheduled maintenance visits, as specified in your vehicle’s published maintenance booklet. Please consult that booklet for a complete list of operations performed and required service intervals for your specific vehicle.

We also offer Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plans for further extended durations. If you would like to purchase (or already have selected) a Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan longer than three years, your dealer will ensure you are only charged the difference.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Porsche brand and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,Simon KuhnimhofVice President,
Customer Relations
When you ordered the car in April, did your dealer have a build slot? I ordered mine in March with a June build. Car was actually completed in early July, then sat in Germany for another month before getting onto a ship. Arrived in San Diego on September 15th and has been sitting there ever since awaiting certification from EPA and CARB. A few others are in the same situation and we all received a similar letter to your's back in August. My letter indicated 8-12 weeks from my original delivery date which was August 25th so already past the 12 week estimate and still hoping maybe sometime in December, but not overly optimistic. Not sure why you are just now receiving this letter???
Old 11-27-2017, 10:29 PM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

His letter is different. Seems like his car is stuck on the production line waiting for parts
Old 11-27-2017, 11:08 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

That royally sucks. Mine was supposed to have been built last week, not sure it actually was if this is a known issue. How did you get direct contact with Customer Relations - did you reach out or did your SA put you in touch? So far, I have to got through my SA for any info. Are you in the US?
Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 AM
corrigb
5th Gear

I got the e-mail out of the blue directly from Porsche. I had an August build date originally that I gave up to get Cohiba Brown leather ... that was a 60-day delay. Then was told in l;ate September that the new October build date wasn't going to happen due to EPA/CARB. On 15 November I received a new build date of 19 February. Just got off the phone with SA who said his system still shows 19 Feb of '18 for the build. He thinks this is confirmation of the last delay and not a new one. Doesn't seem like they're all on the same page. SA is meeting with Porsche rep tomorrow so hopefully something a little more definitive comes out.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:09 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I think you are actually lucky you car has been delayed from the August Build date. This way your car won't be sitting around for six plus months!! I've been chasing around trying to find out more information about my delayed E-Hybrid. I know the CARB still has not received the necessary paperwork to start their certification and then I just today received the following from PCNA:

It was a pleasure to speak with you over the phone last week. As we discussed, I've looked into your request with all internal resources to see if I could uncover any additional details about the delayed delivery of your Porsche. I'm sorry to inform you that I found we anticipate further certification delays on your Panamera 4 E-Hybrid stretching into the early months of next year. I know that hearing this will be frustrating, and apologize I do not have better news to relay. I'll keep updating you as information becomes available.

So now I'm looking at possibly receiving my car sometime in the 1st Quarter of 2018!! Since the car exited the Build Shop in late June, that will mean the car has been sitting in various locations (Germany; Ship; San Diego Port) for at least seven months (assuming late January) without any battery charge!! Plus there is still the issue of the pending tax bill which for the House version will eliminate all tax credits for PHEV or Electric cars (meaning the loss of $6670). Hopefully the Senate version (which keeps the tax credits) will win out when they go to conference. I've been renting an old Cadillac from a friend because I had to turn my Lexus back in at the end of July (it was a lease) and now my friend needs the Cadillac back soon for his daughter. I never anticipated this kind of a delay from my original August delivery date. This would be my fourth Porsche and what should have been a totally positive experience has turned into a very stressful situation. Two extra years of free maintenance is certainly not much solace!! I'm not sure what to do at this point??? I really wanted the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid but now I'm going to constantly be waiting for problems to occur since it has been sitting idle for so long. I'm seriously considering asking for my deposit to be returned or possibly move it over to the Mission E assuming they can put me at the top of their waiting list. If so, then I need to find a temporary (two years??) solution in the short term. Maybe a used 911 that will hold its value??
Old 11-28-2017, 07:27 PM
soCali
Track Day

that is beyond terrible. I do not want to wait for another few months. Did you contact them through the #porschecares tweet? If its them being lazy, we need to figure something out, because I agree, two years of maintenance is no where near enough for this problem.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:49 PM
corrigb
5th Gear

Saratoga Lefty. I too would be really reluctant to accept the car after it's been sitting so long. Rather than opt out entirely have you thought about demanding a new allocation? While that might delay it a couple of more months you'd be able to take advantage of options (if you want) added since your build date. They should also give you priority (over some dealer spec vehicle) on the build date, let them use yours as that spec. While the Mission E is intriguing it will not have the flexibility of your Panamera ... I fear a good road trip would be much more of a challenge in the Mission E. I'll post what my SA tells me.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:07 PM
corrigb
5th Gear

From the regional Porsche Rep: The email was a late acknowledgement of the current delay, not notification of an additional delay. Porsche is also anticipating delays on the new Cayenne as EPA 'pays' them back for the diesel fiasco.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:08 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by soCali
that is beyond terrible. I do not want to wait for another few months. Did you contact them through the #porschecares tweet? If its them being lazy, we need to figure something out, because I agree, two years of maintenance is no where near enough for this problem.
For sure if they pass a new tax bill that eliminates the tax credit I will ask for my deposit back and walk away. Seems to me a reasonable request given how long the car has been sitting is to offer me the extended 100k warranty. Something will have to happen to keep me as a buyer of this car.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:11 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by corrigb
Saratoga Lefty. I too would be really reluctant to accept the car after it's been sitting so long. Rather than opt out entirely have you thought about demanding a new allocation? While that might delay it a couple of more months you'd be able to take advantage of options (if you want) added since your build date. They should also give you priority (over some dealer spec vehicle) on the build date, let them use yours as that spec. While the Mission E is intriguing it will not have the flexibility of your Panamera ... I fear a good road trip would be much more of a challenge in the Mission E. I'll post what my SA tells me.
Your idea is good regarding asking for a new allocation, but I still need a car for the next few months it will take until the new allocation would arrive since I have to return the Cadillac soon. That is something I will give some thought to but as I said, if they take away the almost $7k tax credit I think I will probably walk anyway. Hopefully we will know the answer to that question in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread