Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 03:21 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Unbelievable, its official.

4 ehybrid has been delayed till MARCH. Dealer just sent me a letter from Porsche today. I can't believe this nonsense. Looks like nobody is getting their car anytime soon
Old 12-20-2017, 03:28 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera

4 ehybrid has been delayed till MARCH. Dealer just sent me a letter from Porsche today. I can't believe this nonsense. Looks like nobody is getting their car anytime soon
Oh my god.... that is not good... is that for USA only? or USA AND Canada?
Old 12-20-2017, 03:30 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I would imagine Canada as well since they base their cert off USA, but not sure
Old 12-20-2017, 07:12 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera

Could you please post the letter? My car has been sitting at the San Diego port since 9/15!! If what you are saying is in fact correct, I will most likely be cancelling my order and getting my deposit back. Did they offer you any compensation or ???
Old 12-21-2017, 07:56 PM
soCali
Track Day

I was actually just about to post what happened to me with my order and then I got an email, which I am assuming is sent to everybody from the VP of customer Relations. They are saying no sooner then may of next year, but they are extending two years of extra maintenance as well as a 2500 additional rebate, on top of any other deals you have worked out. I think the rebate can be even higher actually, but you can apply it to purchase any other vehicle too, so that is not bad. My dealership also offered me a loaner on top of this all, as part of a way for them to say sorry, but that might be dependent on the dealership. Atleast they are making efforts to right their wrongs, but May is a long time to wait. I think we should collectively work on getting a higher discount for those of us who still want the car and are willing to wait. What do you guys think?
Old 12-21-2017, 08:31 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Just got an email from PCNA

Dear Mr. XXX,
I am writing to provide you with an update regarding the continued delay in the delivery date of your 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid. Unfortunately, the schedule has extended further than we had originally anticipated. While I am not able to provide you with an exact date, we currently estimate your vehicle will be ready for delivery no sooner than June of next year.
I recognize this is very disappointing and sincerely apologize we cannot provide better news or more specific information for you today. For regular updates on the exact delivery date, please also stay in touch with your Porsche Brand Ambassador at your local dealership.
As a token of our sincere appreciation for your patience, we have already applied an additional complimentary two years of the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan to your vehicle. In addition to the first year, which is already included with your 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid, this plan covers your second and third regularly scheduled maintenance visits, as specified in your vehicle’s published maintenance booklet.
To further honor your continued loyalty, I would like to provide you with an exclusive, non-transferable offer of $2,500 applied towards your new car purchase. Your dealer will apply this credit to your purchase at the time you take delivery of your 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid.
Should you prefer not to wait for your 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid currently on order, and instead choose to purchase or lease a different new Porsche model, we will gladly provide the same benefits to you. If you select this option, please inform your sales person who can help guide you through the process.
Whichever way you choose to proceed, I would like to thank you for your continued patience, loyalty, and understanding. While we have not in this case been able to perform as we had hoped, we never take lightly your commitment to Porsche, and we wish to retain you as an enthusiastic Porsche customer.
On behalf of the entire Porsche family, I wish you and your loved ones happy holidays.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:40 PM
KW411
Advanced

"no sooner than June of next year"????

If so, I will seriously consider withdrawing the deposit and go for something else........
Old 12-21-2017, 11:49 PM
soCali
Track Day

thats weird, Mine is the exact same email, except mine says May.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:50 PM
soCali
Track Day

maybe its because mine isnt a turbo...
Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

Interestingly, my letter said April. I know my car is 60 miles away in the Port of Galveston. It's been there since September. Since it will have been there 7 months, I am planning on requesting a significantly larger discount. At this point, I plan on waiting for it's release as all of the reviews have been outstanding. More importantly, the European buyers have made it 60% of the European sales, while Porsche expected them to be only 20%. High praise indeed from the people who know Porsche best.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:05 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KW411
"no sooner than June of next year"????

If so, I will seriously consider withdrawing the deposit and go for something else........
haha if delay so long might as well get the 2019 model at sept of 2018. So less hit to depreciation
Old 12-22-2017, 12:13 AM
nayakvs
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by PorscheCFP

haha if delay so long might as well get the 2019 model at sept of 2018. So less hit to depreciation
I agree, without a significant discount ( 10% or larger) it doesn't make sense to get the 2018 model when the 2019s are going to be round the corner.
I am in Dallas and my car at the port since September. My email says " no sooner than April 2018". May end up cancelling this reservation and buying the 2019 model in the fall.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:09 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nayakvs
I agree, without a significant discount ( 10% or larger) it doesn't make sense to get the 2018 model when the 2019s are going to be round the corner.
I am in Dallas and my car at the port since September. My email says " no sooner than April 2018". May end up cancelling this reservation and buying the 2019 model in the fall.
Yup that is the smartest thing to do financially. If have to wait close to June or mid- May of 2018.. thats like half a year of deprecation. My sales guy told me the allocation for 2019 opens around April 2018 and car should arrive in September 2018 which gives me time to add or take away some options. I also been thinking maybe go for a low optioned base Turbo S Executive( $221,700 CAD b/f tax) instead of 4 E Hybrid Executive with $40-50K in options ($160K-170KCAD b/f tax) .. since Turbo is already so well equipped.
notable Turbo S Executive standard options includes:
PCCB, Premium package, PDCC w/ PTV+, rear axle steering, Sport Chrono, 21 inch Turbo Wheels, full leather interior standard, BOSE system, 4-zone climate control, Alcantara, dark walnut int. package, electric sunblind side and rear, metallic paint no charge.etc... ($40,000+ value as standard)

what do you guys think???? should I go for Turbo S or stick with 4 E-hybrid and save $50,000 cash?
Old 12-22-2017, 01:18 AM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nayakvs
I asked for 10% a couple of weeks ago before they made the announcement. I anticipated this was coming.
Dealer basically laughed and offered me hardly anything. He said demand is high and there is no reason to discount more.
We shall see... Like someone said above, at this point might as well wait and get a 2019.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:11 PM
KW411
Advanced

Just talked to my SA and he says in Canada the 2018 Cayenne Hybrid just been released by the government and he is hoping Panamera will be next.........

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread