Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 09:24 PM
KW411
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Galavanta
Hi KW411,

I am in Victoria (Vancouver Island) My car was built and delivered to the port of Halifax in October!!!, it's now been sitting in the weather (I presume) for over two months!!! but I have to say that my local dealer has taken VERY good care of me.
Hi Galavanta,

What's the reason the car being held up in Halifax?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whole EPA/CARB fiasco, no 2018 Panamera E-Hybrids have been released in North America, they are all sitting at their destination ports waiting for paperwork.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:34 PM
KW411
Advanced

Oh, I thought this only applies to US. I didn't aware Canada also has the same problem. Does Porsche Canada tell you when it is going to be released?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Apparently Canada piggy-backs on the US EPA certification. I received a letter from Porsche Germany about two months ago telling me my car will be delivered in December but from what I have read my best guess would be sometime in February, it is out of Porsche's hands and 100% up to EPA regulators when they decide to release the vehicles, from what I have read its some sort of payback for the whole "dieselgate" thing with VW.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:54 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

My car was built and completed the first week of December. My SA just emailed me and said that Porsche has put a stop order on all Sport Exhaust options and it was pulled from my build. I’m pretty bummed about this. I wonder if this has to do with the EPA certification? I’m coming from an e63 AMG so was really looking forward to having he sport exhaust Sound. Is anyone else hearing this ?
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hueydumps
My car was built and completed the first week of December. My SA just emailed me and said that Porsche has put a stop order on all Sport Exhaust options and it was pulled from my build. I’m pretty bummed about this. I wonder if this has to do with the EPA certification? I’m coming from an e63 AMG so was really looking forward to having he sport exhaust Sound. Is anyone else hearing this ?

Same thing happened to me when I originally ordered about 4 months ago. My dealer told me it would cause a 6 month delay back then so I switched it to the sport tailpipes. Now my car is suppose to arrive to port tomorrow or beginning of next week. Seems like none of us are getting our cars till January/February MAYBE march. Super frustrating and ridiculous. I can't believe some people have had their cars at port since October.

I was originally told the sport exhaust was a supplier thing but I don't know if it has anything to do with the EPA/Carb nonsense.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

I spoke to my Porsche guy this morning and he said that the Cayenne's are starting to come through now and then the Panamera's will be next, he seems pretty confident that my Panamera will arrive in January.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:04 AM
KW411
Advanced

Did they simply just told you that they pulled the Sport Exhaust or give you to option to wait?
Old 12-15-2017, 03:20 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KW411
Did they simply just told you that they pulled the Sport Exhaust or give you to option to wait?

Maybe it is a blessing that I am ordering the 2019 model.. will get it in Sept. 2018. .. by that time ... I guess all the certification with regulators will have already be completed
Old 12-15-2017, 06:29 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KW411
he told me they built by car without it and didn’t let him know until after the fact. He said they have been pulled from all e-hybrid builds. He even screenshotted the code from Porsche showing a code next to Sport Exhaust “OP8” and then “Order Stop”.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:34 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

he told me they built by car without it and didn’t let him know until after the fact. He said they have been pulled from all e-hybrid builds. He even screenshotted the code from Porsche showing a code next to Sport Exhaust “OP8” and then “Order Stop”.
i'm sure you're frustrated about this as i was when i was told that the Sports Tailpipes weren't available for mine but i have to say that the stock exhaust note is lovely and i wouldn't worry about it! when I'm driving sedately around town i'm normally on electric and then when i'm on the country roads and i'm giving it some wellie the standard pipes sound great!
Old 12-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Don´t worry about this, thorfun is right. Before ordering mine, I have driven the stock exhaust with black sports tailpipes and the sound is great. Somebody on this forum also wrote, that after picking up his E-Hybrid wiht the sports exhaust option, he was disappointed about the sound.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:25 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Agreed - and maybe it's my imagination but the exhaust seems to get nosier the more miles you put on. Lovely down burble now from third to second. Although funnily enough 2nd to first does nothing. I think I'll get the sports pipes on though (i.e. save the £1,500 for the exhaust), the look is nicer.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:32 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Agreed - and maybe it's my imagination but the exhaust seems to get nosier the more miles you put on. Lovely down burble now from third to second. Although funnily enough 2nd to first does nothing. I think I'll get the sports pipes on though (i.e. save the £1,500 for the exhaust), the look is nicer.
hey guys,

I went to Germany last week for business and went to one of their Porsche dealership. I got the chance to test out the sound of sport tailpipes ($1090 CAD) and the sport exhaust system ($3990 CAD) on the 4 E hybrid and it sounds a big difference in person. They show me the internal set up is totally different.

I also tried out the Burmester 3D high end surround sound system vs Bose .. both on radio and using my iPhone as Bluetooth. My god am I shock the huge difference. The Porsche manager told me this Burmester is totally upgrade from last generation Porsche Burmester.

You guys should check out porsche newsroom and search for Burmester. They got this Auro technology that really helps the sound quality when you playing radio.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:34 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Thanks very much for the info PorscheCFP

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread