Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi KW411,

I am in Victoria (Vancouver Island) My car was built and delivered to the port of Halifax in October!!!, it's now been sitting in the weather (I presume) for over two months!!! but I have to say that my local dealer has taken VERY good care of me.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KW411
Hi PorscheCFP.

I only have short commute, thus Burmester and massage seats are overkill for me. I may consider sport exhaust though, if it really makes a difference. The load management system is an option ($680) under the interior. I may get the winter wheel/tires from ebay, but will just get the standard summer/all season tires from Porsche.

I was thinking buying cash on this, but talking few other friends including people in the industry, they say leasing may be a better option as we can opt to keep or change a new car every few years. Your thoughts?
Hi KW411,

I was not going to get Burmester but for second generation Panamera, the Burmester was specifically developed for this car and after reading this website detail information... I end up getting it . https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/medi...term=burmester
I also was going for sport tailpipes in black $1090, but after listening to the difference.. it really sound so much different and beside you can turn it on or off. I really like the Porsche crackle sounds from time to time.

I was thinking of buying cash then going to leasing but after checking with my accountant, I get the same deduction whether I lease or buy it (using capital cost allowance). Also Porsche Panamera just won the 2017 1st place award for value retention at Canadian Black Book and Kelly Blue Book so I decided to cash buy it. I had very good experiences selling 2 of my used cars privately on Autotrader for really good price( way better than dealership). Porsche will make killer money 1st with 5.4% interest rate over 3 years and when you return it they jack up the price and sell it at least 10% higher. I calculate that for my vehicle they will be close to $40,000 on both transactions.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

PorscheCFP

I agree, in BC it is way cheaper to pay cash, Porsche is trying to gouge us with a 5.4% interest rate.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Galavanta
Hi PorscheCFP,

I think that you and I are in different places in our lives, you have a 2 year old baby and I am a retired 55 year old but out of your two builds I would go with #1.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for the 7.2kW Charger? are you going to be charging at work? my thinking is that the only time my car will be on charge is when I get home and then it will be on all night, plenty time for the 3.6kW.

I ordered this in June, my original delivery date was September 2nd!!! now it looks like maybe a February delivery?

Base Price Panamera 4 E-Hybrid
$113,400
Price for Equipment
$23,650
Destination Charge
$1,250
Price
$138,300
+15% Luxury Tax in BC for a total of $159,045 CAD

Volcano Grey Metallic

Leather Interior in Black/Chalk

Premium Package Plus

LED-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Comfort Access

Soft Close Doors

Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

Seat Heating (Front and Rear)

Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front)

Lane Change Assist (LCA)

BOSE® Surround Sound System

ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View

Air Outlet Grilles Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)

Brake Calipers in Black

Sport Tailpipes in Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels

Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

Storage Package

Cupholder covers (front)

Rear Smoking Package (I did this for the 12v outlet)
Hi Galavanta,

7.2kW Onboard charger is a must becuase it reduces your charging time from 6 hours down to 2.4 hours. I understand how you think you dont need it but for me... life is full of uncertainties and you never know that sometimes you may be short on time or go to the mall or somewhere and reducing charging times only have benefits and not cons.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

That makes sense, my life is pretty laid back and predictable :-)
Old 12-10-2017, 02:04 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi PorscheCFP,

I think that you and I are in different places in our lives, you have a 2 year old baby and I am a retired 55 year old but out of your two builds I would go with #1.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for the 7.2kW Charger? are you going to be charging at work? my thinking is that the only time my car will be on charge is when I get home and then it will be on all night, plenty time for the 3.6kW.

I ordered this in June, my original delivery date was September 2nd!!! now it looks like maybe a February delivery?

Base Price Panamera 4 E-Hybrid
$113,400
Price for Equipment
$23,650
Destination Charge
$1,250
Price
$138,300
+15% Luxury Tax in BC for a total of $159,045 CAD

Volcano Grey Metallic

Leather Interior in Black/Chalk

Premium Package Plus

LED-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Comfort Access

Soft Close Doors

Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

Seat Heating (Front and Rear)

Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front)

Lane Change Assist (LCA)

BOSE® Surround Sound System

ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View

Air Outlet Grilles Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss)

Brake Calipers in Black

Sport Tailpipes in Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels

Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

Storage Package

Cupholder covers (front)

Rear Smoking Package (I did this for the 12v outlet)
That makes sense, my life is pretty laid back and predictable :-)
Well 3.6KW is just fine for you! 55 years old... you must have figure your lifestyle out and know exactly what to expect! I am 29 years old running 3 businesses with over 200 employees so life is crazy busy for me. I will end up giving my wife this car 2-3 years later when I buy a new Porsche Mission E or maybe even a Rolls Royce. She doesn't care... any car for her is good lol.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:14 PM
jahman
AutoX

Default Panamera purchase advice

Moved

Last edited by jahman; 12-16-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Figured it was better to put this in the basic Panamera thread
Old 12-10-2017, 05:13 PM
KW411
Advanced

Originally Posted by PorscheCFP
Hi Kw411,

I am planning to get the same 21inch Turbo Design wheels on ebay for $1500 CDN and buy Michelin Sport tires from Coscto at $1800 which will cost $3300 but Porsche charges $6040.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/21-2017-PANA...%257Ciid%253A1

I think the Sport exhaust is very important as it gives Porsche cars its character but the good thing is you can turn it on or off. I say to myself if I am getting Premium Package Plus.. I might as well add $1360 for massage seats (front). The 4-zone climate, I was thinking the same thing as I got a young son as well but he will sit in his baby car seat and cars watching cartoons which the PRSE will make a world of a difference. I dont see the Load space management in Canada website build for Panamera .... where is it lol? Its weird that we spend almost exactly the same amount on options but yet I feel that my car options to yours is pretty different. I had to get Burmester, Massage seats, PRSE, Sport Exhaust...but to my surprise.. my options list is around $40,000 just like yours.

are you leasing or buying cash for your beautiful spec. car?
Hi KW411,

I was not going to get Burmester but for second generation Panamera, the Burmester was specifically developed for this car and after reading this website detail information... I end up getting it . https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/medi...term=burmester
I also was going for sport tailpipes in black $1090, but after listening to the difference.. it really sound so much different and beside you can turn it on or off. I really like the Porsche crackle sounds from time to time.

I was thinking of buying cash then going to leasing but after checking with my accountant, I get the same deduction whether I lease or buy it (using capital cost allowance). Also Porsche Panamera just won the 2017 1st place award for value retention at Canadian Black Book and Kelly Blue Book so I decided to cash buy it. I had very good experiences selling 2 of my used cars privately on Autotrader for really good price( way better than dealership). Porsche will make killer money 1st with 5.4% interest rate over 3 years and when you return it they jack up the price and sell it at least 10% higher. I calculate that for my vehicle they will be close to $40,000 on both transactions.

Hi PorscheCFP

I am sure the Burmester will sound amazing. But for me only doing short commute and listening mostly to radio, I will give it a pass. However, the sport exhaust will be something I seriously consider. Don't think will have it on all the time, but I know I may regret it if I don't have it.
Given you guys have done the math, then I will just go with the cash.

BTW, you quoted the after market wheels from ebay, do you know does BC charge a lot on import tax? I noticed that most of these wheels are from Hong Kong??
Old 12-10-2017, 06:58 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi PorscheCFP

I am sure the Burmester will sound amazing. But for me only doing short commute and listening mostly to radio, I will give it a pass. However, the sport exhaust will be something I seriously consider. Don't think will have it on all the time, but I know I may regret it if I don't have it.
Given you guys have done the math, then I will just go with the cash.

BTW, you quoted the after market wheels from ebay, do you know does BC charge a lot on import tax? I noticed that most of these wheels are from Hong Kong??
Hi KW411, I live in West Vancouver and go to work downtown Vancouver so not far either, but I got the upgraded Burmester in my S65 AMG sedan I bought in 2016 and it sounds amazing even from Radio. But I agree most people cannot justify the huge premium for Burmester. Yea buy cash if you can. This car will still look nice even 3-5 years down the road.

For the PSE (sport exhaust), I check with my friends at S.R. Autogroup and they said aftermarket exhaust will cost way more than $4000, they recommend when it comes to performance upgrades... get it from Porsche factory directly. Cosmetics works and tires...its cheaper and easy to get it done after you get your car.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:40 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Well its official, my car will be at port Friday, so I am going to join the waiting game too. My dealer says it could be any day but when I questioned him by January, his response was "not likely." I guess thats consistent with everyone at least. My car is at least posted on the website though.

In the meantime, any owners (seems like only 3 ppl own this car right now lol) consider this tuner? its the first tune I've seen released but haven't had any experience with this company. Figured I would see if anybody knew anything. Link below

https://www.chiptuning.com/en/porsch...ercontrol.html
Old 12-10-2017, 11:32 PM
KW411
Advanced

Hi KW411, I live in West Vancouver and go to work downtown Vancouver so not far either, but I got the upgraded Burmester in my S65 AMG sedan I bought in 2016 and it sounds amazing even from Radio. But I agree most people cannot justify the huge premium for Burmester. Yea buy cash if you can. This car will still look nice even 3-5 years down the road.

For the PSE (sport exhaust), I check with my friends at S.R. Autogroup and they said aftermarket exhaust will cost way more than $4000, they recommend when it comes to performance upgrades... get it from Porsche factory directly. Cosmetics works and tires...its cheaper and easy to get it done after you get your car.

Hi PorscheCFP,

For sport exhaust, i think it only make it sounds nicer, but would not really enhance the performance??
Old 12-11-2017, 01:51 AM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Hi PorscheCFP,

For sport exhaust, i think it only make it sounds nicer, but would not really enhance the performance??

Hi Kw411,

PSE is under "Performance category" but yea I think it just sounds alot deeper and louder when turned on. Porsche sales guy told me that when it comes to residual value of cars... the upgrades under performance category
holds car value pretty good as well as "packages" (like Premium Package, Assistance Package etc..)
Old 12-11-2017, 09:50 PM
cpd1
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 60% of Panamera are hybrid in Europe

Seems like sales are going well
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...old-14634.html
Old 12-12-2017, 11:46 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cpd1
and why not? for me it's the best of both worlds. performance when you want it and silent luxury when you don't.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:41 PM
PorscheCFP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cpd1
I am very curious to see the sales percentage in Canada and US.. I got a feeling it will be alot lower..hence they arent reporting it

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread