Panamera 2010-Current

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 02:26 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One more question:
Today I tried to use jukebox function of PCM and it seems, that it won’t shows up anymore, after installing the board. (New v2 Board)

Same for PCM iPod function, I see that my phone charges, when I plug it in into factory glove box USB slot, but if I press „MEDIA“ button, there is no iPod function, to hear music from my phone.
Same problem if I try to use AUX BT, it also won’t appears.

Iam using v2 board of Isudar.
Can anyone confirm that?

It worked before installing CarPlay module.
I also chose the right audio source on my phone.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:05 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Red981GTS
One more question:
Today I tried to use jukebox function of PCM and it seems, that it won’t shows up anymore, after installing the board. (New v2 Board)

Same for PCM iPod function, I see that my phone charges, when I plug it in into factory glove box USB slot, but if I press „MEDIA“ button, there is no iPod function, to hear music from my phone.
Same problem if I try to use AUX BT, it also won’t appears.

Iam using v2 board of Isudar.
Can anyone confirm that?

It worked before installing CarPlay module.
I also chose the right audio source on my phone.
I also have v2 board. I still have Jukebox and it works. But iPod is no longer available.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:06 PM
Red981GTS
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porshatt
I also have v2 board. I still have Jukebox and it works. But iPod is no longer available.
Thank you for your view!
What exactly happens to you? It won’t show up if you plug it in?
Old 01-15-2022, 03:07 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Originally Posted by BW369
Guys, with so many latest updates and versions going on I wanted to ask if what I have is the latest based on the picture here. Thanks in advance.
You have the Nov 24 (1124) version. The latest is Jan 05 (0105B)
Old 01-15-2022, 03:08 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Originally Posted by Red981GTS
Thank you for your view!
What exactly happens to you? It won’t show up if you plug it in?
Oh no, I did not plug in anything.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:13 PM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BW369
Guys, with so many latest updates and versions going on I wanted to ask if what I have is the latest based on the picture here. Thanks in advance.
There are 2 different boards the 2.0.0,b board has a big problem with the 105b firmware the latest good working FW is the 1124, loud pink sound with 2.0.0.b on 105B, no way to get rid of that.
So 2.0.0 b latest FW is 1124
and board with v2 the 105b.
But that's my experience,
Old 01-15-2022, 05:39 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
There are 2 different boards the 2.0.0,b board has a big problem with the 105b firmware the latest good working FW is the 1124, loud pink sound with 2.0.0.b on 105B, no way to get rid of that.
Good to know. I guess that's why Kimii is asking to see the board version number before sending the firmware. Were you able to get back to 1124 firmware?
Old 01-15-2022, 05:57 PM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know. I guess that's why Kimii is asking to see the board version number before sending the firmware. Were you able to get back to 1124 firmware?
yes i was able to roll back the firmware
The following users liked this post:
Porshatt (01-15-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 10:03 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Kimi,
The 0105.B firmware fixed the reconnection problem on the latest Isudar board. But, here is the ongoing problem: after we turn off the PCM and go back into the house, Isudar remains running and the iphone does not switch back to house Wifi for a long time. Please make Isudar turn off Wifi when we turn off PCM.
Thanks
@kimi I updated to the latest software 0105 and the reconnection issue seems to be gone which is great. I am now running in the same problem @Porshatt mentioned. The CarPlay stays connected for a while after I 'lock' the car but seems to stay forever if I don't lock it. The main issue is the following use case which just happened to me today... I stopped the car and start working on it (installing the aftermarket backup camera). This took a few hours with lunch in the middle, after 4h the CarPlay was still connected to the car while PCM was complety off for all this time. This seems a very normal use case where we turn-off car and don't lock the car (I have keyless if that matter). It seems to be draining battery since when I went back inside the car and turn the key, the PCM came up and I saw a warning with low battery and something saying that socket and pcm was going to be turned-off. At that point, battery was at 11v. I had to plug-in the battery maintainer.

Is this issue being addressed? It should be able to turn-off Carplay when PCM is turned-off even if there's still power on the line.
Porshatt (01-15-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 12:16 AM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You have the Nov 24 (1124) version. The latest is Jan 05 (0105B)
Good to know. I won't update the firmware to 0105B based on the other comments shared here.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:18 AM
BW369
Advanced

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll stay on the 1124 firmware and everything seems to work fine for the moment.
AngelDutchy (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 12:49 AM
BW369
Advanced

Originally Posted by Santirx
Kimi contacted me as well. Sent me a FW update for board CP31DCBSJ8813WP3 (board version 2.0) that she says resolve the connectivity issues, but it turns out it is the same 0105 firmware update that was sent to @marcr92 and that I have transferred to the google drive.
On another topic, she also responded to another email I sent. I had been asking for months for a solution for the steering wheel return button behavior. It seems they have developed a solution for that and she is going to send to me for testing. Stay tuned.
Really looking forward to the fix for the steering wheel return button behavior. One fix I found to avoid this issue, is to toggle between the icons and the split-screen interface once CarPlay is active. Then when you interact with the steering wheel return button it doesn't go back to the PCM interface, but just toggles between the icon screen and the split-screen interface. Hope this helps anyone who is truly bothered by this behavior
Edit: Add info that my system is PCM 3.1, with iSudar V1.2 board running 1124 firmware.

Last edited by BW369; 01-24-2022 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Edit 2: Grammar
Old 01-16-2022, 01:10 AM
Barchtic
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, I had a question if anyone knew potential troubleshooting steps for the isudar module? Basically I got everything installed and plugged it all in and my display never turned on. My dash states no video signal as well when on navigation. I can visibly see lights shining on the inside of the PCM 3.1 housing so I do believe it is getting power and have since taken it apart and reseated all the flat cables multiple times. I can’t figure out what’s wrong. The most I could think of is perhaps how tight the folds are because I had the extended siriusxm port and thus needed to raise the board’s standoffs but that shouldn’t matter. Thanks for any help! I’ve also contacted Isudar, hopefully I can get this fixed and let anyone know the steps.

Just in case any of the cables are damaged does anyone know where I could get replacements in the states? Thanks!
Old 01-16-2022, 07:39 AM
m3g4k0t
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get only PCM3.1 update for correct only BACK BUTTON problem for 2.0.0.B hardware??? 1 hour reading of this thread and didnt find nothing.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:05 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RR911
@kimi I updated to the latest software 0105 and the reconnection issue seems to be gone which is great. I am now running in the same problem @Porshatt mentioned. The CarPlay stays connected for a while after I 'lock' the car but seems to stay forever if I don't lock it. The main issue is the following use case which just happened to me today... I stopped the car and start working on it (installing the aftermarket backup camera). This took a few hours with lunch in the middle, after 4h the CarPlay was still connected to the car while PCM was complety off for all this time. This seems a very normal use case where we turn-off car and don't lock the car (I have keyless if that matter). It seems to be draining battery since when I went back inside the car and turn the key, the PCM came up and I saw a warning with low battery and something saying that socket and pcm was going to be turned-off. At that point, battery was at 11v. I had to plug-in the battery maintainer.

Is this issue being addressed? It should be able to turn-off Carplay when PCM is turned-off even if there's still power on the line.
I have also contacted Kimi on the Isudar board staying live after the car is switched off and they have asked me to make a video??
It seems to me Porsche designed the PCM not to fully shut down when the ignition/Aux is switched off, only the display is off, probably for fast boot up if your in and out of the car. The Isudar is staying on with the PCM, its around 30 mins in my case. @RR911 Having a live connection to a phone might keep it live longer, I don't know as it drops connection if I park in my garage and go into my house.

What the Isudar board needs to do is shut down with the PCM display not the main unit, that will be a via a signal from the cars Canbus system. I'm not sure if the Isudar board reads the Canbus but guess it does for the reverse camera switching....how do I make a video of all that

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1