Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 12:27 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Well, mine is back up to its old tricks, Kimi gave me a FW upgrade which was to cure thie following: ( M230221V1)

If a door gets opened on the Macan the BT on the Isudar comes alive and automatically connects to my phone, it continues to stay connected for hours even when the Macan was never started!

I can even turn off BT on the phone (Pixel 7Pro) and somehow Isudar turns it back on and connects in! No other BT device I have works this way, additionally it will even take over the WiFi connection on the phone from my home wireless hotspot!?

Anybody else experience this?

Not experiencing this here. A workaround that might help stop this annoying behaviour is to use an automator app like Macrodroid on your phone. This app sets up a series of If This Then That routines. You can set one that, for example, turns off BT when a set of conditions is met. For example, I have a routine which, when I arrive home, turns wifi on, BT off, sets volume to 100%, ringtone to 100%. If you play around with this, you might find a combination that works for you.

I agree that it is less than ideal, and shouldn't be necessary, but until Isudar figure out a solution, it might help.

Samsung phone owners have an excellent built-in app called Modes & Routines that does much the same sort of thing and is useful for automating all manner of things. For example, you can set your phone to enter silent mode when you enter your dentist's office. (Macrodroid works the same way too).

Last edited by ZedZed; 07-24-2023 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:24 PM
porty981
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1977GTS
@porty981 - just had this from Kimi. This isn't you is it?
This is not me.
The following users liked this post:
1977GTS (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 01:42 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,711 Likes on 2,741 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedZed
Not experiencing this here. A workaround that might help stop this annoying behaviour is to use an automator app like Macrodroid on your phone. This app sets up a series of If This Then That routines. You can set one that, for example, turns off BT when a set of conditions is met. For example, I have a routine which, when I arrive home, turns wifi on, BT off, sets volume to 100%, ringtone to 100%. If you play around with this, you might find a combination that works for you.

I agree that it is less than ideal, and shouldn't be necessary, but until Isudar figure out a solution, it might help.

Samsung phone owners have an excellent built-in app called Modes & Routines that does much the same sort of thing and is useful for automating all manner of things. For example, you can set your phone to enter silent mode when you enter your dentist's office. (Macrodroid works the same way too).
Interesting idea but I use BT for my hands free headset on the phone at home, I also use BT for connection into my other Porsche so turning off BT would present problems.

I get the idea of connecting to the PCM as you open the door so as to speed up the process, but if you just reach in for something in the back seat it is a pain the get the Isudar to let go!

Maybe if you don't insert the key and turn the vehicle to on withing 5-10 minutes the Isudar system should go back to standby? It stays connected for hours!
Old 07-24-2023, 02:18 PM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Interesting idea but I use BT for my hands free headset on the phone at home, I also use BT for connection into my other Porsche so turning off BT would present problems.

I get the idea of connecting to the PCM as you open the door so as to speed up the process, but if you just reach in for something in the back seat it is a pain the get the Isudar to let go!

Maybe if you don't insert the key and turn the vehicle to on withing 5-10 minutes the Isudar system should go back to standby? It stays connected for hours!
You don't have to turn BT off - you can create a routine that connects BT to something other than Isudar. Best idea would be to download Macrodroid and try it (or use Samsung Modes & Routines for those on Samsung phones).

What I'm thinking is to use a routine that forces Isudar BT to disconnect. It's tricky to explain but should be apparent once using Macrodroid or Modes & Routines.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZedZed
You don't have to turn BT off - you can create a routine that connects BT to something other than Isudar. Best idea would be to download Macrodroid and try it (or use Samsung Modes & Routines for those on Samsung phones).

What I'm thinking is to use a routine that forces Isudar BT to disconnect. It's tricky to explain but should be apparent once using Macrodroid or Modes & Routines.
Gotcha, I will take a look at this! I also sent an update to Isudar, they should know it still does this. I am wondering about the latest firmware M230703V1 and if that might help, we'll see what they say.

Last edited by Westcoast; 07-24-2023 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 06:11 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotcha, I will take a look at this! I also sent an update to Isudar, they should know it still does this. I am wondering about the latest firmware M230703V1 and if that might help, we'll see what they say.
must admit having done the recent firmware update I have no issues with connecting/ disconnecting after ignition has gone on/off. Might be worth doing.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:40 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

must admit having done the recent firmware update I have no issues with connecting/ disconnecting after ignition has gone on/off. Might be worth doing.
Isudar sent me M230703V1, will be installing it today. Fingers crossed!
Old 07-27-2023, 08:50 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Isudar sent me M230703V1, will be installing it today. Fingers crossed!
How did it go?
Old 07-27-2023, 08:58 AM
Edvinas
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe someone could share newest "M230703V1" firmware version?
Old 07-27-2023, 09:17 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edvinas
Isudar say this is 'dangerous', as they may have made changes for a particular hardware which may differ from yours (or mine). Since the info on M230703V1 has been posted, I realise that I am no longer on the latest FW, but I don't intend to install any other version as my Isudar is working just fine right now. Even if it wasn't, there'd be no guarantee that a FW made for another user, with possibly different vehicle configuration to mine, and maybe different issues, would work for me too. Might be best to reach out to Isudar with your specific issues and ask if they would look at FW for you?
Old 07-27-2023, 03:39 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Edvinas
I've got an email in to Kimi, I'm still having the weird connection issues when I exit the car. If she sends it to me I'll shoot you a copy. Mine is on the 230221V1 FW.
Edvinas (07-27-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 09:36 AM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by porty981
This is not me.
Just heard from Kimi, and the filtered Power Cable has fixed the problem. Getting one shipped out... sounds like the end is insight. Appreciate you may have given up on things, but thought I'd let you know.
ZedZed (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 09:53 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Just heard from Kimi, and the filtered Power Cable has fixed the problem. Getting one shipped out... sounds like the end is insight. Appreciate you may have given up on things, but thought I'd let you know.
Great news! Just for my own info, this filtered cable is to fix the issue that we think affects cars fitted with Sport Plus, which apparently send more power down the cable into the PCM, and it is this surge which has been causing the problems you guys have been having? Have I got that right? If so, this would explain why I haven't had this issue - I don't have Sport Plus. Good news for you guys at last!
Old 07-28-2023, 09:57 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

And great support from Isudar too! Kudos!
Old 07-28-2023, 12:18 PM
1977GTS
Intermediate

Yeah, cars with sports chrono, Bose, Nav, Bluetooth, DAB - seems there is a voltage influx and this filter on the powercable cleans it up.

Only one UK tester has tried it i believe. But the fix has worked. Just waiting on mine now :-)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1