Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 12:05 PM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
I’m not sure I understand your question, but, MOST25 is an optical fiber ring that transport signal to the amplifier from the source in a digital format. The amplifier split the signal and send it through either 8 or 12 channels (depending on the model you have), process signal through DSP, applying tuning and other processing, and then converts that signal into analog format and sends it to the car speaker connected to the specific channel. All channels active, it should send the signal to all speakers in the car. It doesn’t have anything to do with the source. But, at PCM level, you can control rear and forward fade, left/right fade.

This is more easily seen with an aftermarket system, like the one I have. I have to split the same signal to every of my 12 channels… then the amplifier process that same signal depending on the speaker that is driving. If it is a midrange, I set it up so that it only sends signal from the 250 to 3500Hz range. Then I tune the signal to Harman curve. That is the digital signal processing I’m taking about. Then the amp converts the signal to one that the speaker understand (analog).

You can certainly alter the input by playing with the source parameters.

Hope this answers your question and that it also makes sense.
Thank's. I've Bose system and module optic have two inputs only. It's ok for Bose ?
Old 01-07-2023, 03:26 PM
www.964RS.net
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Today, I opend my CDR+ to have a look if I can fit the ISUDAR board in my headunit, but
I think it looks not so good because of the DAB board on the left. Has someone with DAB
also mounted the ISUDAR board?

Old 01-08-2023, 04:31 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Hi, i think that you can put taller spacers for Isudar card.
The following users liked this post:
www.964RS.net (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:51 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by www.964RS.net
Today, I opend my CDR+ to have a look if I can fit the ISUDAR board in my headunit, but
I think it looks not so good because of the DAB board on the left. Has someone with DAB
also mounted the ISUDAR board?
I added to the Isudar board to a UK PCM 3.1 unit with DAB radio, you just need the bigger risers.
Does the Isudar board support the CDR+ ??

Last edited by 981BGTS; 01-08-2023 at 07:56 AM.
www.964RS.net (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 08:19 AM
www.964RS.net
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
I added to the Isudar board to a UK PCM 3.1 unit with DAB radio, you just need the bigger risers.
Does the Isudar board support the CDR+ ??
I think the CDR+ is a PCM3.1 without Navigation, on the side I have this sticker:

Do you remember, does your DAB board look the same?
Old 01-08-2023, 11:41 AM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by www.964RS.net
I think the CDR+ is a PCM3.1 without Navigation, on the side I have this sticker:

Do you remember, does your DAB board look the same?
Yes mine looks the same and your sticker says a 2016 PCM 3.1 .... How do you post pictures on this site by the way?
Old 01-08-2023, 12:27 PM
www.964RS.net
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 981BGTS
Yes mine looks the same and your sticker says a 2016 PCM 3.1 .... How do you post pictures on this site by the way?
I can post pictures by the upload icon at the top and then "Browse your device"...
981BGTS (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 05:47 PM
www.964RS.net
Intermediate

I think I found a Installation Video with from a PCM3.1 with DAB on a board that
looks similar to the ISUDAR one.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:23 AM
Shobprsch
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major problem with Isudar

Just wanted to ask for solutions on this thread
I installed the Isudar correctly but my reverse camera got issues (video botched) so I did the horrendous mistake of turning it back to stock. That's when I think I screwed with Flat flex cables (FFC) which connect the Screen to the main circuit board and lost the screen entirely.

I tried to replace the cables with the ones that I got with Isudar and currently, the screen is a no go but other functions like the radio and other buttons seem to work. but it restarts abruptly.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced it?

I am looking for either FFC cable replacement and trying it or
buying a used PCM 3.1.

P.S My PCM is for Macan 15 S (Pic attached for reference)

Any help will be appreciated. thanks!
Old 01-10-2023, 10:40 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

It should work with the OEM flat cabl;es again. they are pretty durable unlike the cheap isufar cables. Try again to get those seated on BOTH boards, display and Main.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:06 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

wasn't Isudar working on a complete replacement of the hole radio?

Old 01-20-2023, 03:22 PM
Grantman
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I need some assistance. I'm having random static issues while it's connected to wireless careplay. I got an update file from support0888@163.com, but I can not get it to update. I downloaded the .rar file, extracted the files, one folder titled OSU_Settings and another file titled ISPBOOOT.BIN. I plug it in the USB and the update button does not highlight, then a Porsche emblem pops up on the screen. I also turned off my WIFI and Bluetooth off on my phone before getting near my car so there would be no chance of it trying to connect while trying to update it. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Old 01-21-2023, 08:38 AM
Grantman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Grantman
I need some assistance. I'm having random static issues while it's connected to wireless careplay. I got an update file from support0888@163.com, but I can not get it to update. I downloaded the .rar file, extracted the files, one folder titled OSU_Settings and another file titled ISPBOOOT.BIN. I plug it in the USB and the update button does not highlight, then a Porsche emblem pops up on the screen. I also turned off my WIFI and Bluetooth off on my phone before getting near my car so there would be no chance of it trying to connect while trying to update it. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Okay, I finally got the firmware updated. I tried it with a different USB drive and it updated, but I'm still having static issues. Any advise?
Old 01-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantman
Okay, I finally got the firmware updated. I tried it with a different USB drive and it updated, but I'm still having static issues. Any advise?
What do you mean by static issues? Is this like a humming in the background? How does it sounds like?. Is it loud that you hear over music when playing or faint and you just hear when there are gaps in between music.

With Isudar, and any other device that use AUX, there is inherent noise because it uses analog AUX, especially noticeable at high volume when not playing music. If that is the case, you can minimize it by reducing the PCM treble to minimum (-9 or -10), then compensating the treble in the Isudar equalizer.

However, not knowing the specifics of what you mean by static, I don’t know if this will help.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:12 AM
Grantman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Santirx
What do you mean by static issues? Is this like a humming in the background? How does it sounds like?. Is it loud that you hear over music when playing or faint and you just hear when there are gaps in between music.

With Isudar, and any other device that use AUX, there is inherent noise because it uses analog AUX, especially noticeable at high volume when not playing music. If that is the case, you can minimize it by reducing the PCM treble to minimum (-9 or -10), then compensating the treble in the Isudar equalizer.

However, not knowing the specifics of what you mean by static, I don’t know if this will help.
It sounds like when a radio station does not come in clear. It comes and goes randomly with every app, ihart radio, podcast, Spotify, my music, and even during phone calls.

I'll try turning down the treble and see what happens. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1