Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 07:55 AM
marcus_v
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Strange Sound Issue

I have the Isudar V2 Board and SW version 0105B (991.1 with BOSE).

Sometimes (!) when I enter the car, Carplay starts without sound (although music is playing). If I switch to the PCM Tuner, music is playing and sound is normal. Switching back to Carplay - no sound.

only workaround is to restart the PCM or to close the car or to pull the PCM fuse.

has anyone experienced the same problem? What could be the reason and how could I fix it?

Edit: I had the same problem with JoyeAuto (before I got my ISUDAR).

Last edited by marcus_v; 04-01-2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:39 PM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

It sounds like you may want to your phone to "forget" your PCM's bluetooth connection. Maybe your phone is connected to both devices and using the PCM link for the audio instead of the iSudar one.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:56 PM
marcus_v
Track Day

Originally Posted by danby
It sounds like you may want to your phone to "forget" your PCM's bluetooth connection. Maybe your phone is connected to both devices and using the PCM link for the audio instead of the iSudar one.
This was my first thought, too - I deactivated AUX BT and set my bluetooth settings (iPhone) to ignore PCM. Unfortunately, it didn’t help.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:03 PM
danby
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe check if your phone is connected to the PCM BT the next time it happens? I'm not sure how else it might be receiving your audio.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:12 PM
marcus_v
Track Day

Originally Posted by danby
Maybe check if your phone is connected to the PCM BT the next time it happens? I'm not sure how else it might be receiving your audio.
There is no AUX Bluetooth connection anymore between PCM and iPhone - I deleted the phone from the PCM device list and ignored PCM in my phone settings.

Last edited by marcus_v; 04-01-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:16 PM
marcus_v
Track Day

And it only happens sometimes. Not always, but at least 3 of 10 times. If it happens, then only when I enter the car - never while driving (means if there is sound via Carplay it stays stable).

But I can hear sound when I‘m switching to the PCM Tuner.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:15 AM
blowme
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Isudar

Finally got the time to do the installation. Not the most straight forward instruction but whatev.
But now i noticed my screen color is wayy off, and the screen quality is definitely worse than before. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix?
Old 04-02-2022, 03:20 AM
marcus_v
Track Day

Originally Posted by blowme
But now i noticed my screen color is wayy off, and the screen quality is definitely worse than before. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix?
Most likely one of the ribbons (video) is not seated correctly - while you fix it you should also check all other ribbon connections.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:52 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah…bad ribbon connection for sure , re seat.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:11 PM
DennisRF
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello Fantasmos,
I'm appreciative of all the information you and the others here have provided on this Carplay system.
I watched the video you have provided here and at 10:39 of the video it shows your PCM 3.1 has a system version of 4.76.
Would you happen to know if that vesion is a requirement for the Isudar to function or will it work on a PCM 3.1 version 3.43?
I have looked through most of if not all of the posts regarding this topic and have not come across any mention of version requirements.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 04-04-2022, 05:33 AM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by griskait
Android phone (not sure if iPhone has something similar) I found that if you go to settings / android auto/ there is an entry that you can deactivate called "automatically starts media". I did it and didn't lost connection since. I noticed that my disconnections were related to some activities happening in the phone. I have the original fw and I was going to try the update route when I realized that this does the trick for now. It has been a week and everything is stable.

Thank you very much for sharing this tip. Sometimes it would really bother me that the music was stuttering, but after i switched off the "automatically start media" like you said, it works great.

Last edited by Alexchrisro; 04-04-2022 at 03:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
griskait (04-05-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 08:27 PM
ars69
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm with cp

Any way to play regular car satellite radio but be in CarPlay mode and still get google maps sound? Obviously able to do it without maps sound but curious if can get audio from both. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:18 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 207 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ars69
Any way to play regular car satellite radio but be in CarPlay mode and still get google maps sound? Obviously able to do it without maps sound but curious if can get audio from both. Thanks!
No.

The Isudar works because it inserts itself as the "AUX" source (you have to select Aux on the PCM to hear carplay audio). The PCM is unaware that there is any "carplay" happening, the PCM is just playing audio from the AUX input and the Isudar is hijacking the video display to display Carplay.

The PCM simply can't play two sources (satellite and AUX) simultaneously.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:45 PM
allroadusa
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

Actually, I would have been possible if Nav directions could go thru HFP and not AD2P (like a phone call basically). I don't know if Isudar supports HFP Prompts. You could try to activate HFP Prompts in Maps settings and report back.

Old 04-07-2022, 04:17 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ars69
I know there are CarPlay modules that have two separate wires for audio output for navigation instructions. I don't remember if Isudar unit has these wires, but maybe it does. In the setups I saw people connected the wires to the central speaker for navigation instructions.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1