Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 01:56 PM
981BGTS
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
I received today the MCU Firmware update to correct steering wheel behavior, and I'm happy to report that the issue has been corrected with this new update.

This update makes the Isudar PCM3.1 platform almost perfect (4.5 stars in my view). A few lingering issues remain, that are less intrusive:

1. Calls going on-hold when pressing the steering wheel phone button (this behavior observed when phone is paired with PCM)
2. Connection time after turning car off
It seems they are trying to get things right slowly. I don't have the steering wheel controls so I will not bother with this update for the V1.2 board, but really hope they get the unit to shut down with the screen. Then for me it perfect.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:28 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

After installing the aftermarket rear camera, I noticed that the front PDC doesn't up when CarPlay interface is engaged. When I go to reverse, it engages well regardless if I am in PCM interface or CarPlay although the front one isn't coming up automatically anymore. Anyone that installed rear camera and has PDC face the same behavior?

The PDC on the Isudar is also way less accurate (just some green, yellow, red bars) compared with the original one. Not sure if this can be updated.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:33 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by konkab
yeah, you can't. this is kinda how it works on PCM 4.0 or PCM 5.0 on Macan, at least I think so. when you're in CarPlay on PCM 4.0 you can use factory bluetooth to make calls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsqeDU79ow&t=378s
But that wasn’t a behavior observed with Joye. I know you had Joye, as well as me, prior to Isudar. And I had my phone paired with PCM. When receiving calls, pressing the phone button, would not put the call on-hold.

My work-around on this is not pressing the phone button, but rather the “enter button” in the steering wheel. That answers the phone without going into hold while paired to PCM. It is a minor inconvenience and a compromise, just needed to retrain myself when receiving calls.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:39 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Steering Wheel 1.2 MCU update not being recognized

I received today the MCU Firmware update to correct steering wheel behavior, and I'm happy to report that the issue has been corrected with this new update.

This update makes the Isudar PCM3.1 platform almost perfect (4.5 stars in my view). A few lingering issues remain, that are less intrusive:

1. Calls going on-hold when pressing the steering wheel phone button (this behavior observed when phone is paired with PCM)

I loaded this update to an empty FAT32 USB stick. MCUUPDATE.bin only for the steering wheel control fix. The board does not recognize the file....and the screen says "No data can be played" this is not a usb stick or user error.......I have upgraded this board before. This file is not compatible with my 1.2 OLD board at 1124.
As an experiment.......I loaded 1124 to the stick....and low and behold the upgrade button becomes selectable. I did not proceed as I am already on 1124. I have emailed @kimi

Anyone else having this issue ?

The following users liked this post:
Notmac1 (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 06:57 PM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this the update for the back button thing? If this is the update for the first version of the board can you please upload the update file?

Thank you
Old 01-18-2022, 07:22 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by Alexchrisro
Is this the update for the back button thing? If this is the update for the first version of the board can you please upload the update file?

Thank you
This is the update for the "back button thing", yes. Although I uploaded the file I was sent to the google drive (see previous post), the recommended process is that you send a photo of your version screen to Kimi and she'll send you the correct version.

We found out today that even older versions of the board are not updating with the same file. See @Willy07 post. He has the older version of the board (v1.2) and could not update with the file he was sent, nor with the one I posted.

Last edited by Santirx; 01-18-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:51 PM
Alexchrisro
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you! I will send her an email. this is the only problem that i have with the isudar board. Sometimes it does not reconect when i step out of the car and get back in but i just put the wifi on and off from the isudar and then it works. I was afraid to upgrade just because everything is runing great. Allso runing android here, the phone conenecte to BT PCM works great.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:42 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

But that wasn’t a behavior observed with Joye. I know you had Joye, as well as me, prior to Isudar. And I had my phone paired with PCM. When receiving calls, pressing the phone button, would not put the call on-hold.

My work-around on this is not pressing the phone button, but rather the “enter button” in the steering wheel. That answers the phone without going into hold while paired to PCM. It is a minor inconvenience and a compromise, just needed to retrain myself when receiving calls.
The thing is that Joyeauto module doesn’t handle steering wheel buttons at all. What I thin is happening with Isudar is that when you press accept button PCM Bluetooth picks up the phone and at the same time isudar tries to pick it up again and it leads to a weird call state.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:14 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by konkab
The thing is that Joyeauto module doesn’t handle steering wheel buttons at all. What I thin is happening with Isudar is that when you press accept button PCM Bluetooth picks up the phone and at the same time isudar tries to pick it up again and it leads to a weird call state.
Understood. Make sense.

I unpaired my phone from PCM to give a try and see which mode I like the best. I think this is really not an issue because there are workarounds for both types of connections. I’ll retire the request.

With this, I would consider my setup good enough.

If only they upgrade the HW to provide a direct path for MOST audio (unprocessed), then it would be absolutely perfect.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:01 PM
m3g4k0t
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad, I didnt recieved any updates for my old version. Connection time issue is also terrible because car is staying in home garage and has strong wifi signal connected to iphone withing next 30 minutes.
Please give link for BACKBUTTON update

Thnx
Old 01-19-2022, 03:44 PM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by m3g4k0t
Sad, I didnt recieved any updates for my old version. Connection time issue is also terrible because car is staying in home garage and has strong wifi signal connected to iphone withing next 30 minutes.
Please give link for BACKBUTTON update

Thnx
I was asked by Kimi not to distribute or forward FW updates…. So, I took Google drive down.

For this return button update and any other firmware update, you need to contact Kimi (kimi@isudar.com), send a screenshot of version screen and request the updates.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:21 PM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was asked by Kimi not to distribute or forward FW updates…. So, I took Google drive down.

For this return button update and any other firmware update, you need to contact Kimi (kimi@isudar.com), send a screenshot of version screen and request the updates.
I understand that something like this shouldn't be linked to an individual user, but Isudar's site should offer the possibility to download an update per series, to send an email is really outdated. I have sent an email with a photo of my version and first thing I am asked for is what my ordernumber is..... now it takes a few days before another answer is received
Old 01-19-2022, 05:30 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Totally agree....that due to the geography....this is challenging for NA and other customers for sure.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:46 PM
m3g4k0t
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
I understand that something like this shouldn't be linked to an individual user, but Isudar's site should offer the possibility to download an update per series, to send an email is really outdated. I have sent an email with a photo of my version and first thing I am asked for is what my ordernumber is..... now it takes a few days before another answer is received
what is "another answer"? what is "few days" ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kimi <kimi@isudar.com>
кому:мне
ср, 29 сент. 2021 г., 06:02

Good day, may i know your order id ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many days left from 29.09.2021? What I'm waiting for? China christmas?
Old 01-19-2022, 08:03 PM
Santirx
Racer

Understood. Make sense.

I unpaired my phone from PCM to give a try and see which mode I like the best. I think this is really not an issue because there are workarounds for both types of connections. I’ll retire the request.

With this, I would consider my setup good enough.

If only they upgrade the HW to provide a direct path for MOST audio (unprocessed), then it would be absolutely perfect.

I tested for a period of time, but audio through AUX is just not same quality as direct digital through iPod. Hence I reverted back to PCM connection, and paired phone to PCM Bluetooth.

I realized that I had my call settings in lower volume, so I increased the call volume to +6, and that solved my issue. Now calls a very clear.

I will receive calls using steering wheel enter button, rather than the phone button.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1