Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 08:37 AM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

This is the million $ question on the long wifi connect, can the isudar board detect Video off PCM signal, or door open, and shut down accordingly. The PCM is always going to stay on ( display OFF) for 30 mins.

I do see a setting in PIwis for PCM timer…..may play with that.
The following users liked this post:
Porshatt (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 10:37 AM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RR911
@kimi I updated to the latest software 0105 and the reconnection issue seems to be gone which is great. I am now running in the same problem @Porshatt mentioned. The CarPlay stays connected for a while after I 'lock' the car but seems to stay forever if I don't lock it. The main issue is the following use case which just happened to me today... I stopped the car and start working on it (installing the aftermarket backup camera). This took a few hours with lunch in the middle, after 4h the CarPlay was still connected to the car while PCM was complety off for all this time. This seems a very normal use case where we turn-off car and don't lock the car (I have keyless if that matter). It seems to be draining battery since when I went back inside the car and turn the key, the PCM came up and I saw a warning with low battery and something saying that socket and pcm was going to be turned-off. At that point, battery was at 11v. I had to plug-in the battery maintainer.

Is this issue being addressed? It should be able to turn-off Carplay when PCM is turned-off even if there's still power on the line.
I have the same problem with my battery. My car had suddenly an dead battery, someone here in the forum thought that it was so little and could not have anything to do with it, but I still think that the battery is slowly decreasing because of this.
jsdinky (12-09-2023)
Old 01-16-2022, 01:22 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by m3g4k0t
Where can I get only PCM3.1 update for correct only BACK BUTTON problem for 2.0.0.B hardware??? 1 hour reading of this thread and didnt find nothing.
This one hasn't been released yet. Kimi is due to send this update for testing, but I have not received yet. Hopefully will receive tomorrow morning.
The following 2 users liked this post by Santirx:
AngelDutchy (01-16-2022), Barchtic (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 01:43 PM
TWalk
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experience with it, make sure the 48 pin harness (biggest block harness) is seated fully before closing the tab. then give it another push (someone else said that). I had the same problem when I did mine, no power to PCM and it was because I didn't fully seat that harness.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Barchtic
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWalk
From my experience with it, make sure the 48 pin harness (biggest block harness) is seated fully before closing the tab. then give it another push (someone else said that). I had the same problem when I did mine, no power to PCM and it was because I didn't fully seat that harness.
Thanks much, that was it! Seems it would never seat properly before now.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:26 PM
TWalk
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad it worked out.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:51 PM
Barchtic
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Santirx
This one hasn't been released yet. Kimi is due to send this update for testing, but I have not received yet. Hopefully will receive tomorrow morning.
That's wonderful. Hopefully it will fix some of the issues with 105. Once Kimi gets back to you could you upload the new firmware onto your drive?
Old 01-16-2022, 08:23 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Hi,

I just installed a ISUDAR unit in my Cayman. Must I manually connect to WiFi before I connect to BT? I am having no luck getting connected to BT, and when I try to join the WiFi it asks for a password that I don't have.

It seems to work ok thru the wired USB connection.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2022, 08:40 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

It should connect on both…..are you sure both antennas are connected…and did not get damaged on push back ? You should see CX………….as a connection in BT and Wi-Fi on your device. iPhone or android ?
Old 01-16-2022, 08:56 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Willy07
It should connect on both…..are you sure both antennas are connected…and did not get damaged on push back ? You should see CX………….as a connection in BT and Wi-Fi on your device. iPhone or android ?
iphone.

I see both the WiFi and Bluetooth.

I just double checked the antennas. I swapped bt antenna and wifi. Just for good measure. They both seemed to seat pretty well. First time, BT antenna gave me a struggle. But I just verified. They both are seated well now. And I suppose if the antennas weren’t connected, I wouldn’t see the BT or WiFi in my iOS menus. And I do. Just can’t connect to BT
Old 01-16-2022, 08:58 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

You are using the setup option within the iSudar gui correct ?
Old 01-16-2022, 09:13 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

I am.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Can you pull the fuse on your pcm…..for a complete power down cycle….try again.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:44 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
I have the same problem with my battery. My car had suddenly an dead battery, someone here in the forum thought that it was so little and could not have anything to do with it, but I still think that the battery is slowly decreasing because of this.
My connection stays alive while at home. It seems the range is pretty good.

not sure how to take the video either. To avoid battery draining, I must close the car and then after a while phone disconnects. If car stays open, it never disconnects. I also switch Wi-Fi on the phone but it reconnects after a few seconds.

as others have said, there must be a signal. Eg if keys are turn off but car isn’t in P, the PCM doesn’t turn-off so a signal must be sent to turn off PCM which Isudar should respect. It must be listening to canbus data since my aftermarket rear camera also have dynamic lines as I move the steering wheel.

Kimi never reply to any of my emails or WhatsApp message (from the website support link).
Old 01-17-2022, 07:46 AM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RR911
My connection stays alive while at home. It seems the range is pretty good.

not sure how to take the video either. To avoid battery draining, I must close the car and then after a while phone disconnects. If car stays open, it never disconnects. I also switch Wi-Fi on the phone but it reconnects after a few seconds.

as others have said, there must be a signal. Eg if keys are turn off but car isn’t in P, the PCM doesn’t turn-off so a signal must be sent to turn off PCM which Isudar should respect. It must be listening to canbus data since my aftermarket rear camera also have dynamic lines as I move the steering wheel.

Kimi never reply to any of my emails or WhatsApp message (from the website support link).
My car was dead this morning 😓 probably going to extract the board, 3th time this happend tot me. I have a new battery so that's not the problem.

Last edited by AngelDutchy; 01-17-2022 at 07:47 AM.
jsdinky (12-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1