Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 04:23 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Not so sure man that it is killing your battery.....unless you have a defective kit, and that is possible. Many have this board running for some time now with excellent results. I agree 30 mins connect time is too long and needs to be addressed.
Any chance you have a faulty battery? As its new ? I would return it now...after depletion like what you have experienced.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:56 PM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Not so sure man that it is killing your battery.....unless you have a defective kit, and that is possible. Many have this board running for some time now with excellent results. I agree 30 mins connect time is too long and needs to be addressed.
Any chance you have a faulty battery? As its new ? I would return it now...after depletion like what you have experienced.
Thx for your reply. My old battery was giving the same effect. So that's why i got a new battery (Guarantee, because i have the car since 3 months) battery is a week old.
I also build in an automatic trunk module, which can also close the trunk again with the key, maybe that's causing the drain, I took both fuses out to see if the battery still drains tomorrow. If not I put the PCM fuse back and continue testing.i will post the result when i know if it is the pcm or the trunk :-)
Old 01-17-2022, 07:33 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Sounds about right...I bet its the trunk module good luck.
The following users liked this post:
AngelDutchy (01-17-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 07:36 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone give me a step by step instruction for pairing an iPhone for wireless CarPlay?

I see the WiFi network. I see the Bluetooth. Once in a great while I can pair to the Bluetooth but connection is not reliable.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:40 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Erase all pairings, and then start BT…..once that makes it…..iPhone should ask you for “CarPlay” mode. It does wifi connection auto from there.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:49 PM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Willy07
Erase all pairings, and then start BT…..once that makes it…..iPhone should ask you for “CarPlay” mode. It does wifi connection auto from there.
not quite the step by step I was hoping for.

In other words, I don’t need to go to the isudar setup page and manage the pairing there?

erase all pairings? Including pcm and other cars. Or just any previous isuadar attempts.

the ‘manual’ says to attach the usb cable to the phone and then remove it and that starts the process. I suppose I should could to 10 or something. Any other details?

on the setup pages I see support for 2.4 and 5.0 ghz does this matter

on the advanced ‘factory’ pages I see support for internal BT or external….can you elaborate on this?

Last edited by sonett43; 01-17-2022 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:04 PM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

in a snow storm here...check pm.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Porshatt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sonett43
I am.
CarPlay Bluetooth pairing is standard procedure like in all devices. Go to Wireless CarPlay settings. Once you are done with that, future wireless connections will be via Wifi. 2.4 vs 5Ghz is your choice. But you need the latest firmware for that to work automatically. You have the latest board version so can install version 0105b.

Last edited by Porshatt; 01-17-2022 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:19 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

I received today the MCU Firmware update to correct steering wheel behavior, and I'm happy to report that the issue has been corrected with this new update.

This update makes the Isudar PCM3.1 platform almost perfect (4.5 stars in my view). A few lingering issues remain, that are less intrusive:

1. Calls going on-hold when pressing the steering wheel phone button (this behavior observed when phone is paired with PCM)
2. Connection time after turning car off

981BGTS (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 08:33 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
I received today the MCU Firmware update to correct steering wheel behavior, and I'm happy to report that the issue has been corrected with this new update.

This update makes the Isudar PCM3.1 platform almost perfect (4.5 stars in my view). A few lingering issues remain, that are less intrusive:

1. Calls going on-hold when pressing the steering wheel phone button (this behavior observed when phone is paired with PCM)
I received it today too, but haven’t installed it yet. But anyways great news! As for calls I’m not using pcm Bluetooth and don’t have any issues with accept / hang up buttons. I even like the sound quality of phone calls better with CarPlay. Connection time is an issue to me but in a kind of opposite way: since the module stays on for some time when I jump out of car and then get back in shortly, wireless CarPlay doesn’t connect automatically because of that and I have to manually connect again.

So far I agree, this is definitely a good product with at least some technical support and updates.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:43 AM
AngelDutchy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this update only for the 1.2 version.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:43 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by AngelDutchy
Is this update only for the 1.2 version.
When I received the update, the folder itself said “old version”. So I’m assuming that yes, is only for 1.2.

You’ll need to ask for the update directly to Kimi and send a photo of your version screen.
AngelDutchy (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 09:45 AM
Santirx
Racer

Originally Posted by konkab
I received it today too, but haven’t installed it yet. But anyways great news! As for calls I’m not using pcm Bluetooth and don’t have any issues with accept / hang up buttons. I even like the sound quality of phone calls better with CarPlay. Connection time is an issue to me but in a kind of opposite way: since the module stays on for some time when I jump out of car and then get back in shortly, wireless CarPlay doesn’t connect automatically because of that and I have to manually connect again.

So far I agree, this is definitely a good product with at least some technical support and updates.
@konkab when you are outside of CP, like using radio or CD (which I rarely do anyway, but like to have flexibility), you can’t make of receive calls (correct?), if not paired to PCM.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:24 AM
empcesar
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install

Is there someone on the East Coast that can install these things? Specifically, close to DC?
Old 01-18-2022, 11:57 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

@konkab when you are outside of CP, like using radio or CD (which I rarely do anyway, but like to have flexibility), you can’t make of receive calls (correct?), if not paired to PCM.
yeah, you can't. this is kinda how it works on PCM 4.0 or PCM 5.0 on Macan, at least I think so. when you're in CarPlay on PCM 4.0 you can use factory bluetooth to make calls:

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1