Panamera 2010-Current

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JohsonChou
Alright, for people that had PCM3.1-GD… and wasn't able to update the MCU to fix volume, the support person for Amazon side (support0888) just sent me a new archive with gd_upgrade.bin and mcuupgrade.bin. With the two files on USB stick, my board was able to update.

I checked and the mcuupgrade.bin with hex editor and it is exactly the same as the one @Santirx, but the gd_upgrade.bin is a new file that we have never seen before with a creation date of 01/05/2022, 1 minute before the mcuupgrade.bin
this is great. Thanks for sharing the update.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:56 AM
Willy07
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

@JohsonChou This is for the volume fix though correct ? NOT the new steering wheel back button fix ?
Old 01-24-2022, 01:32 PM
JohsonChou
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
@JohsonChou This is for the volume fix though correct ? NOT the new steering wheel back button fix ?
I got this new update from support0888 person that fixes the back button. But I noticed this morning it broke aftermarket reverse camera. So you probably wanna pick the lesser of the evil.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:01 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

front (aftermarket) camera supported?
does this Isudar Carplay unit support an aftermarket camera?
if yes, has anyone added one? what hardware did you use?

I know Isudar is still working through some bugs with their firmware but I might still pull the trigger soon.
I did notice you can no longer order the Isudar via Amazon only direct & I think aliexpress...
Old 01-24-2022, 02:03 PM
JohsonChou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coffeeisgood

I know Isudar is still working through some bugs with their firmware but I might still pull the trigger soon.
I did notice you can no longer order the Isudar via Amazon only direct & I think aliexpress...
Yeah isudar support a front/back aftermarket camera. I am stilling working out the kinks though. I think any AHD 720p reverse camera should work ok.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:09 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Also http://xyingly.com

That is a storefront for Isudar and you can actually specify if you want v1.2 or v2.0 of the board…

Old 01-24-2022, 02:13 PM
JohsonChou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Santirx

That is a storefront for Isudar and you can actually specify if you want v1.2 or v2.0 of the board…
The Chinese new year is coming soon so I would not order from the Warehouse in China... I would probably go Poland for now. (why do they have a warehouse in Poland? I guess I don't know about EU enough...)
Old 01-24-2022, 02:16 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
Question

* does it matter if you have Sirius/XM radio?
(If my memory is correct, that was a thing with researching the Joyceauto & you had to request needed some longer screws during your order)

* how long did it take to receive your order once purchased?
(& does it matter from China or Poland?)

(I am trying to time receiving mine close to my planned install date / if it matters I'm in San Diego)
Old 01-24-2022, 04:14 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

[QUOTE=981BGTS;17908774]I

* does it matter if you have Sirius/XM radio?
(If my memory is correct, that was a thing with researching the Joyceauto & you had to request needed some longer screws during your order)

* how long did it take to receive your order once purchased?
(& does it matter from China or Poland?)

(I am trying to time receiving mine close to my planned install date / if it matters I'm in San Diego)
I ordered a second kit, 2.0 board on 1/11/22. I received it today 1/24/22.
All the screws on my first kit, 2.0 board, included all the screws needed to install into a PCM with XM/Sirius.

Old 01-24-2022, 04:44 PM
JohsonChou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohsonChou
I got this new update from support0888 person that fixes the back button. But I noticed this morning it broke aftermarket reverse camera. So you probably wanna pick the lesser of the evil.
I just wanna report that my reverse camera was fixed by resetting the fuse. So people that previously wasn't able to upgrade because of the greyed out button can upgrade with the new mucupgrade.bin and gd_upgrade.bin together on the usb.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:08 PM
Hennie
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Android 12

I can update my phone to Android 12. Can somebody confirm that the Isudar board is working with Android 12?
Old 01-24-2022, 10:42 PM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I received today the MCU Firmware update to correct steering wheel behavior, and I'm happy to report that the issue has been corrected with this new update.

This update makes the Isudar PCM3.1 platform almost perfect (4.5 stars in my view). A few lingering issues remain, that are less intrusive:

1. Calls going on-hold when pressing the steering wheel phone button (this behavior observed when phone is paired with PCM)
2. Connection time after turning car off
Does the MCU firmware completely deactivate the steering wheel return button? I liked how the return button would at least bring the interface back from Spotify to All Apps or from Waze back to the main menu for selecting Spotify etc.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:48 AM
mironbot
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hennie
I can update my phone to Android 12. Can somebody confirm that the Isudar board is working with Android 12?
Mine is working wirelessly with Xiaomi mi11ultra on A12.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:42 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BW369
Does the MCU firmware completely deactivate the steering wheel return button? I liked how the return button would at least bring the interface back from Spotify to All Apps or from Waze back to the main menu for selecting Spotify etc.
Yes it does. If you like the steering wheel return button behavior as is, do not update.

For me, having that steering wheel return button control both MFD and CarPlay at the same time was very annoying and disruptive. And it wasn’t an OEM behavior. I’m glad I did the update.

Just so you know, the PCM return button still works.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:55 AM
jojo1977
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it does. If you like the steering wheel return button behavior as is, do not update.

For me, having that steering wheel return button control both MFD and CarPlay at the same time was very annoying and disruptive. And it wasn’t an OEM behavior. I’m glad I did the update.

Just so you know, the PCM return button still works.
So now the question is, how do we (on the old board, 1124 firmware) get our hands on the new firmware... I emailed Kimi but she's referring to having to ask the engineers

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1